Divinity: Original Sin II - Available on EA Now!!

So I took a peek and *aaaarrrggghhhh!* I shouldn't have, now I want to play this game from start to finish but I can't. :'( It feels much improved from D:OS.

I made such an awesome looking Lizard character as well (not the Red Prince).

By the way, while there is no Darwen origin yet, you can pick the Dwarf race if you make a custom character.

Got my key! Thanks for organizing everything Myrthos!
I will try to hold this one off until full release. Too many other things to finish first...

Is there any information about when the GOG keys will be available?

If you read the article it says October.

By the way, while there is no Darwen origin yet, you can pick the Dwarf race if you make a custom character.
You can only select the origins of the 4 characters you can end up with in your party. In the end there should be 10+ origins. At least that was what I was told last year.

Do we have an ETA on the official release yet?

Edit: To clarify, I figured the GOG version was also an early access thing based on the long "beta" time of D: OS. I guess it might actually be the official release?

Last edited:
If you read the article it says October.
Mea culpa… I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that I've actually (tried to) read the article before. :|

Thanks anyway!

Do we have an ETA on the official release yet?

Edit: To clarify, I figured the GOG version was also an early access thing based on the long "beta" time of D: OS. I guess it might actually be the official release?
Next year is all we've got.

Holding off is going to be hard on this one. I did play a bit of Early Access with D:OS just before the release. My new system should be in mid-week, next week so I think I might play the EE of D:OS though holding off on closer to the release of this game might be better.....

DAMM early access......

I'm waiting on this one. It's not really that tempting to me right now because I want to play the finished/final version. Will likely be a day-one play for me when it releases, though, no doubt.

I think I might play the EE of D:OS though holding off on closer to the release of this game might be better…

Excellent idea! I actually haven't replayed the EE version. Technically, I tried it for like 2 hours when it released but wasn't in the mood so I stopped.

They initially aimed for a 2016 release, so my personal guess is March 2017.

How do you improve a masterpiece? :party2:

Now that I replayed a bit of D:OS EE, I can answer this properly.

D:OS2 improvements:
- skill targeting UI feedbacks that actually show where the terrain block a skill instead of you having to manually check inside of the "max range" circle.
- the character UI (inventory/skill) is cleaner and easier to use (crafting window, sharing inventory items, etc)
- more details graphic-wise (D:OS2 looks a lot better)
- the camera is a bit less annoying to deal with
- when in stealth, it is much easier to tell if an enemy might spot you
- the dialogue are improved and not just because you get different dialogue based on tags

I'm sure there is others, I haven't made it far and didn't try multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom