What games are you playing now?

Is anyone playing Darkest Dungeon? I heard so much great talk about it but I can't find myself liking it to that extent. I'm not trying to say it's bad but I find it a bit boring at this point. I just end up trying the same few combo that seems to not make my characters die or go insane and more or less using only two of the abilities I am given at most times.

Did I mention chrono trigger ? It's fun so far, it's easy but that's good. Still trying to figure out why many people think it's the pinnacle though. Combat starts to get a but of a drag and just click through it (though no random encounters!). Sometimes I think it's because it's was ahead of its time. But then again, released in 95 it's not that old. Baldurs gate came out 3 years latet

Not that old? In gaming terms, I think 20 years is a very long time.

Personally, I think Chrono Trigger aged quite well, and it's one of the few JRPGs that I actually liked. I wouldn't expect it to have the same impact on someone 20 years later though.

It did age pretty well, the music got stuck in my head. I thought the age of SNES was earlier (more like 90s). I was just a bit surprised it was already 95.

Let me see, in 95 there was c&c, Warcraft 2, worms. Founding of bioware ;) The rise of the new generation

Is anyone playing Darkest Dungeon? I heard so much great talk about it but I can't find myself liking it to that extent. I'm not trying to say it's bad but I find it a bit boring at this point. I just end up trying the same few combo that seems to not make my characters die or go insane and more or less using only two of the abilities I am given at most times.

I will definitely play it, but as a general rule I don't play games in Early Access, and this one is still in EA for 5 more months or so.

I have been playing Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks on my Nintendo DSi ... had been thinking about getting a new 3DS XL and Majora's Mask (never played it) - but figured I should at least prove the value by playing something on the DSi first ;)

Started playing King's Bounty: Crossworlds which I bought about three years ago but never played much because of having played so much of King's Bounty: The Legend that I was burnt out at the time.
I forgot how good this series is both gameplay wise and graphically, hooked all over again now.

I'm playing Requiem. It is a Skyrim mod with heavy emphasis on roleplaying and deleveled world. Highly recommended!

I have been playing Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks on my Nintendo DSi … had been thinking about getting a new 3DS XL and Majora's Mask (never played it) - but figured I should at least prove the value by playing something on the DSi first ;)

I couldn't get into Spirit Tracks. I think the touch controls killed it for me. I'm going to have to pick up Majora's Mask at some point, though.

I actually thought of getting myself DX director's cut and replay it but now I see on Steam forums people saying that it's bugged and the original version is better.
So... I'm not playing anything currently. :(

Hmm, I've played DX Directors cut through a few times and didn't see any bugs. Got some nice little and not so little (boss fights) improvements as I remember

I actually thought of getting myself DX director's cut and replay it but now I see on Steam forums people saying that it's bugged and the original version is better.
So… I'm not playing anything currently. :(

I've yet to see a bug and I'm almost done with it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/28050/discussions/0/618453594765487117/#c617329150702113050
Negative points:
- bugs that are not present in the original (anymore)
- lower res textures with too much compression
- in some cases some very bad texture stretching (where a small texture like a floortile is stretched much bigger than the original, making it seem very low resolution) Some textures are placed correctly now, but the normal map is still stretched (in Jensens apartment for example)
- worse quality SSAO; the SSAO is terrible in the directors cut, it makes things look muddy and low-res
- terrible tesselation, black dots appear on tesselated characters, which is not present in the original

Positive:
- Slightly better boss battles, stealth based builds are now in less of a disadvantage, you still have to kill the bosses though.
- The missing link is integrated, which is nice

See my problem?

Hmm, understand. I am not too sensitive to graphics issues (too many years on green screens I suspect :D!). Haven't seen anything else bugs wise and to me the boss battles are much better, allowing viable stealth solutions. Missing link being integrated is nice as well. I am running twin 7950s

But I am!
DX:HR, original release, looked so much better to me than Skyrim. And Skyrim got GOTY that year worldwide. So now... If that's gonna change...

Ah hell, the key is only 2-3€ on keyresellers, so who cares for a few muddy textures. I'm buying.

Prison Architect. For some reason, I occasionally get in the mood for these building/management simulations, such as Sim City 4, Anno, etc. These games are oddly soothing...and very addictive.

Anyway, Prison Architect is one of the few examples of Early Access "done right." The game is completely playable and not very buggy, and each update includes new features. I got it on sale, and it has so far been a very pleasant surprise. It could do with a bit more of an endgame challenge once you have a large prison running smoothly, but again - the fun that can be had to get to that point is very satisfying for an Early Access title.

Highly recommended for my fellow building/simulation enthusiasts!

Installed it. Maybe the problems were settings on those people. nVidia experience *wants* to up the default settings on my machine, will definetly accept these over ones suggested by the game itself:

nvid.jpg

Prison Architect. For some reason, I occasionally get in the mood for these building/management simulations, such as Sim City 4, Anno, etc. These games are oddly soothing…and very addictive.

Anyway, Prison Architect is one of the few examples of Early Access "done right." The game is completely playable and not very buggy, and each update includes new features. I got it on sale, and it has so far been a very pleasant surprise. It could do with a bit more of an endgame challenge once you have a large prison running smoothly, but again - the fun that can be had to get to that point is very satisfying for an Early Access title.

Highly recommended for my fellow building/simulation enthusiasts!

I really like their pitch, and I also occasionally like these games.

This is the right way to launch an indie game in mid development, IMO. Make it playable and fun, put it on steam so people can see what they're getting, be honest about the buggy incompleteness, and have fun with it.

baldur's gate 2 ee after i finished the first game :); if i have time til pillars comes out will play icewind dale ee too, all for the first time :D

Back
Top Bottom