Expeditions: Conquistador - The Sequel

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Expeditions: Conquistador Kickstarter page has been updated with information of the sequel they are working on. You can participate in the guessing game of what the next title will be about.

GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS

We’re going on a new Expedition! It has been two glorious years since the release of our Historical RPG Expeditions: Conquistador and to you, our wonderful community of Kickstarter backers and players we are pleased to announce a Sequel!

Yes friends, it’s time again to gather a party of allies and explore new lands in search of riches, fame, and adventure. The question on the forefront of your minds might be, but where? Or more appropriately, when?!? Our official announcement will come next week, but until then, you are invited to have some fun with us and GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS on Facebook and Twitter!

For your efforts you will be rewarded handsomely with an exclusive invitation to our closed BETA! Please limit your guess to 1 per person.

To participate:

On Twitter: follow us @LogicArtists and RT our post with your guess and the hashtag #expeditionsnext

https://twitter.com/logicartists

On Facebook: On Facebook like our new Expeditions Series page and comment on the GUESS THE NEXT EXPEDITIONS Post:

https://www.facebook.com/ExpeditionsSeries
I don't think I am allowed to participate as I already know the answer. What they had for the sequel was shown to me and whoever was there from the codex at Gamescom last year.

Thanks for reporting this, goes to HHR.

More information.

Wonderful news!

I loved the first game and still feel that it didn't get nearly enough of the attention it deserved. Heck, I myself overlooked it for a long time because somehow I got the idea that it was some kind of RTS-title.

As for the sequel, I'd love more of South America. Although Asia, Africa or North America (perhaps in Leif Eriksons expedition) would also be a real treat!

Good news. The original was really good and has better tactical combat than some games that are far more combat-oriented.

Great news. Was not a backer of the original game, but will back the sequel for sure!

Hope it's something more exotic like wasteland or space exploration. But I guess it's some part of Africa.

I backed the Expeditions game when it was just a vague project expecting some mediocrity good to kill time between interesting games, what I got was great rpg/strategy hybrid with superb soundtrack better than some AAA titles and definetly more fun.
I admit I've totally underestimated them. It was a privilege to be a backer there.

So please, shuddup and take my money.

Good to see a sequel - Expeditions: Conquistador was one of the very few good games in 2013.

Expeditions: Conquistador was one of the best games I played in many years. I found it through a recommendation of a friend and could not stop playing it until I finished it.

Thanks for all the kind words! It's greatly appreciated :)

Good news!
I would like to see this kind of exploration RPG/strategy enhanced. For example we could "build new settlement in wilderness" as first bigger quest. Then you would also need to take care of your town… leave there some hunters and bulders, some soldiers as guards, gather some food for it. And if natives goes wild, they could attack your town too.

New locations:
- Africa in late medieval/conquistadors age
- first European settlers in Canada/North America
- East Europe/Asia/Russia in early medieval age… european knights exploring empire of Mongols, Slavs or Avars
- Vikings invading England in early medieval age
- Reconquista in medieval Hispania
- Lesser but ambitious byzantine noble with small group of soldiers dares to explore Middle East and India… before Alexander the Great

Did not expect this at all, very good news; i remember some time after the release, saw some posts on steam were they said they dont know if there will be a studio left since sales were very bad since many didnt hear about the game. No advertise can be your biggest enemy, same with xulima :(

Bought the first one when I was trying to find something similar to blackguards in combat. I didn't get far in it as I got distracted by other games.
Might have to look into it again.

I don't think I am allowed to participate as I already know the answer. What they had for the sequel was shown to me and whoever was there from the codex at Gamescom last year.

So... Will you tell us? :) Because Codex doesn't tell what exactly it saw. Any hint?

Well, that would be cheating. ^^
They will announce it in about a week in any case ;)

Good news, indeed. The first was a real nice game. More games should have a histroical setting, if you ask me.

Great!!! Surprisingly (I don't like strategy/rpg hybrid) I loved the first one. The text adventures were glorious. Although, the overland map and travel were equally atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom