The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Don't you have a key? I know Peter, JM, CM, and the Savage Dragon are all ViPs, and can access Eveningstar through the character select. I bought it as well, since I have a couple I have never managed to get through the Spinner chain with.

I thought we ground out keys before TRing, or was that other characters? We've had so many TR groups and so many characters that I'm losing track of it all.

Only 2 of my toons have keys and certainly not my current Friday one. Dhedi was an instant TR at level 20.

I've got keys on everybody except Klubbir, I think. Did they ever fix the Hall of Heroes? I might have enough TP to buy that, but I can't say I'd be overly enthused.

Fixed as in you can walk in one side and out the other, no. But you can transfer characters from Eberron to FR and back, even if it does take a log out.

I wouldn't consider it a must buy though. I think by the time we hit Harbringer 1, I'll be knocking on 18's door, so we're in no real critical need for xp. Once we hit 18, we have the Spinner chain as well as the Vale. Plus, we never have ran Reaver's Fate, which we were supposed to do once we took 17.

Looks like Leywind is out for tonight. Trying to figure out some alternatives, but best bet is to get in on the epics.

Attn all! They have an anniversary box for the first toon you log in. The items are bound to acct. http://ddowiki.com/page/Anniversary_Card_Collection This link shows you what you can get for the combos of cards. You get a free card daily if you log and do the roll. This will go on until end of March so log in for the cards. Very nice items to be had.

Code:
Card1      Card2      Prize
1      2      25 Bells of Opening
1      3      +3 Tome of Gainful Exercise (Strength +3) BTA
1      4      50 Bottled Fireballs
1      5      24 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing
1      6      16 Lasting Elixirs of Supreme Ability BTA
1      7      5 Medium Jewels of Fortune BTA
1      8       Tome of Skill (+3)
1      9      
1      10      Huge Gem Bag BTC
2      3      4 Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses
2      4      +3 Dex Tome BTA
2      5      Sovereign I XP Elixir x1
2      6      Concentrated Elixirs of Major Mnemonic Enhancment x25
2      7      100 Tasty Hams
2      8      Major Slayer Count Boost x7
2      9      
2      10      Ruby Eye of The Augment
3      4      Rod of Teleport (50 charges) x2 BTC
3      5      +3 Tome of Leadership and Influence (Charisma +3) BTA
3      6      7 bottled heals
3      7      Star Sapphires x100 (2 stacks)
3      8      30 Gold Seal Elixirs of Sovereign Healing
3      9      
3      10      Supreme Siberys Cake x3
4      5      Bracelets of Friends (10 Charges) x 7
4      6      +3 Tome of Bodily Health (Constitution +3) BTA
4      7      Concentrated Elixirs of Superior Mnemonic Enhancment x20
4      8      Ethereal Rest Shrine Statuette x1
4      9      
4      10      15 Bottled Tornadoes
5      6      3 siberys spirit cakes
5      7      +3 Tome of Clear Thought (Intelligence +3) BTA
5      8      Bottles of Flesh to Stone x7
5      9      
5      10      Collapsed Portable Hole
6      7      
6      8      +3 Tome of Understanding (Wisdom +3) BTA
6      9      
6      10      Tome of Skill (+4) BTA
7      8      5 Jeweler's Tool Kits
7      9      Tome of UMD skill +2 (Unbound!!!)
7      10      x50 Bottled Fireballs
8      9      Key of Destiny
8      10      HUGE collectables bag BTC
9      10

Not sure how it works, but this is an (incomplete) rewards table for the card turn in, found on the Vault.

Alright, I've checked out the Akami malware.

What this is, is a P2P data mining application. You cannot uninstall it, as DDO automatically reinstalls it upon loading the client. It loads on boot, and from what some have said, multiple instances of it. It runs whether or not you boot up the DDO client. This virus is used to monitor what websites you visit, search terms you use, and so forth, and akami sells this information to whomever wishes to buy it.

The EULA gives Akami the "right" to access your computer at any time, change the program settings at their will, and denies you legal right to sue for damages.

Turbine has refused to pay attention to complaints, and has attempted to lock down the forums from what I've heard, deleting numerous posts. Many people claim to have uninstalled the client and cancelled their subs in protest.

That has to be the most ridiculous EULA Ive ever read. They can terminate the agreement which allows them to amend the parts they want but still enforce the parts they want to enforce on the user.

We may terminate this Agreement at any time and without prior notice if you violate it. You must destroy all copies of the Software in your possession or control promptly upon termination. Our termination will not limit any of our other rights or remedies under this Agreement or at law or in equity. Any provision of this Agreement that by its sense and context is intended to survive termination of this Agreement will survive termination.

Then they also retain the right to modify the agreement, and its on the players to go to their website to make sure they are aware of any modifications, but if you agreed, they can enforce those modifications they make in the future - even though you did not have a chance to review them before you agree to them.

You acknowledge that from time to time we may modify the terms governing your use of the Software. Notice of such updates will be provided by posting the effective date on the Software Terms of Use appearing on Akamai's Website. You consent to and agree to be bound by the current Terms of Use if you continue to use the Software after the effective date of such Terms of Use.

WOW.

This is from Chai, whom I normally don't care for, but he's spot on on this. I didn't even get that far down into the EULA before saying "heck no".

Pylotro does bypass this virus' install, by bypassing the DDO launcher.

[URL Removed due to suspicion.]
This is the Windows PyLotrO program. It's fairly easy to set up, load pylotro.exe, go to tools, options, and find the game directory (wherever you installed it. Mine is in steamapps since pando never worked). Allow it through the firewall, and you're done. I patched and was in-game briefly.

Amusingly enough, I was able to log in far faster, and without load to red, using PyLotrO instead of the standard launcher.

Last edited:
This would be a case of the German "Verbraucherberatung" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_protection ) which often does lawsuits against EULAS like this.

Horrible.

This reminds me of SOE explicitely stating in the past that if you sens something like "fan work", it becomes the exclusive property odf SOE in this galaxy and until the end of time.
They have reworked this part in recent years, however.

EULA 's aren't even certain to be legal in the states, where legality is based mostly on bribes. None have been tested in court afaik, most cases get settled out of court. I wouldn't be surprised if it's outright illegal elsewhere.

I found the Akamai malware on my computer too. I got the Spy Hunter 4 Malware Security Suite and got rid of malware on my PC, including Akamai.

I rebooted and was still able to run DDO. Does this malware only get installed via the Lamannia installer or the U21 live installer too?

U21 installs it since I've got it and don't do Lamannia. Per the quote, it gets re-installed every time you run DDO and it stays resident. I can confirm the "stays resident" part since it's running on my laptop right now even though I haven't played DDO today and shut the laptop down completely last night.

Do anyone know the reason why Turbine decided to add Akamai to the launcher? I don't buy that they need it to have faster downloads etc. We've done well without it for years.

Could it be that Turbine are in so big financial problems that they accept deals from shady companies like Akamai to get extra income?

It doesn't look good for the future of DDO when Turbine do such things against their users.

What harm can Akamai do to us? From what I read it sends data about how you use your computer back to them so they can alter settings in web browsers so we get ads for things we are interested in? Akamai sell lists about user habits to advertising companies. Is that the concept of Akamai? Or are there more sinister effects in having Akamai installed like stealing credit card numbers, passwords etc. ?

If it's reading you're web pages you visit and search terms, I can all but guarantee that it also is logging your accounts, passwords, and CC numbers.

The D20 timer (for the cards) is broken. Turbine is really celebrating their 8th anniversary in the best of ways.

The Cynic in me asks : "Has Turbine made any recent cooperation with the NSA ?"

Akamai has been in the market for around 10 years now : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies

I guess that someone might have argued : "Well, if people don't have anytjhing against Steam, they would probably not have anything against the Akamai service as well, since in principle they both do a similar thing" …

Hot fix came out some time since last night. It's almost as big as the update was. Plan accordingly, folks.

For those who care about their privacy and don't have 'rape me' playing constantly in their head, I was able to patch the client using the Pylotro launcher. Which begs the question; what the heck is the akami malware doing exactly?

The hotfix did fix the card roll BTW. It's a bit odd that you click it once to use, not double click, so watch to see that you have a card put in your bag.

Might need you to guide me through this alternative launcher as I'm not very technical.

Back
Top Bottom