Deathfire - Kickstarter Updates #17-19

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore is the next kickstarter to have multiple updates in two days. Also a quick reminder the game has four days left to get funded.

Update #17 - "Whatcha got for Christmas?"

Did you ever think of giving a Kickstarter pledge as a gift?

I am not kidding. It is a serious thought. Instead of purchasing a traditional gift this year, why not purchase a “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” pledge for someone? We will even create a beautiful gift certificate for you that you can put under the Christmas tree.

Naturally, this will work also for your friends, even if they do not play games themselves. Surely, however, they have friends or family members who do enjoy computer games and for whom "Deathfire" would make a fantastic Christmas gift. Or just go the extra mile and specifically ask your friends and family members for a "Deathfire" gift for Christmas. :)

The possibilities are endless, so go out there, shout it out, tell the world about it! It's Christmas time… the time of Giving… and we can use all the help we can get! :)
Update #18 - "New $20 Reward Tier"

Here is a quick heads-up for you to let you all know that we have just opened a new $20 rewards tier. A lot of the feedback and comments we have received in the past days revolved around a lower-priced tier. Since the limited EARLY BIRD EDITION has been sold out for some time, many of you feared that the $25 barrier of entry is too high to attract new backers.

Therefore we have just created a new $20 tier that is stripped down quite a bit from the $25 tier. It features only a Digital Copy of the game—as a Steam key, if it is a backer’s preferred method of delivery, of course—along with In-Game Credits, Backer Forum and Beta Access. None of the other added value items will be included in this tier.

There’s nothing to hold you back now! No more excuses. Pledge now if you haven’t done so yet!
Update #19 - "Keep Spreading the News"

Guido here with your update, as we are now quickly closing in on the final days of our campaign.

As I pointed out before, at this point, it is critical that we all pull together and make our voices heard. There are still too many people out there who have not heard about “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore,” so we need to find them and get word to them before it is too late. No one can tell me there are only 3,500 gamers out there who are truly interested in a real role-playing game!

Social networks like Facebook, Twitter, ReddIt, Pinterest and others are great ways to spread the information, so please feel free to grab your favorite image or video clip from the Kickstarter page and post it across your social networks. Sometimes an image says more than a thousand words—just don’t forget to add a link to the Kickstarter as well. ;-)

If you have friends on Steam, the Playstation Network or some other gaming networks and message board, please do the same thing. Let them know what we’re trying to accomplish and show them what we’re made of.

“Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” deserves to be made!
More information.

Did you ever think of giving a Kickstarter pledge as a gift?
I am not kidding. It is a serious thought.
Guys, seriously. Guys! C'mon! You could seriously give money to our game as a gift to a friend. For realz.

No way in the Nine Circles of Hell will Guido & Party climb out of this Frozen Pledged-Amount Pit.

Maybe the next KS, where they ought be able to show actual gameplay will make a minimum amount.

Strange that Guido can't do a proper pitch. Raises the question: What the hell is he doing in game development? Probably could be lot more successful creating a Pig Farm or Goat herding community. Something peaceful, well away from the stresses of Kickstarter.

I think it's a trend to bash this campaign for people who sing praises to similar projects.

I pledged 50 for a $25 reward. From the start. I really hope they make this game.

Would/will be a real shame if/when this one won't make it past the minimum goal.
I think Guido has said and shown all/mostly the right things, and his visuals don't look half bad, either. Not so thrilled about the suggested baby steps for movement, maybe.
I really don't see where this pitch went wrong to attract this low level of interest. I don't think it is the lack of actual gameplay shown - I don't any similar projects have shown much of that at this stage. Is it because he's a foreigner?

Would/will be a real shame if/when this one won't make it past the minimum goal.
I think Guido has said and shown all/mostly the right things, and his visuals don't look half bad, either. Not so thrilled about the suggested baby steps for movement, maybe.
I really don't see where this pitch went wrong to attract this low level of interest. I don't think it is the lack of actual gameplay shown - I don't any similar projects have shown much of that at this stage. Is it because he's a foreigner?

My personal guess would be a combination of a somewhat uninspiring first pitch video, the lack of a known IP, and the lack of a widely known household name (e.g. Brian Fargo or Obsidian).

Having said that, I think it's a shame that it won't make it. The shown material shows a lot of promise.

Maybe the next KS, where they ought be able to show actual gameplay will make a minimum amount.

Brian Fargo and Obsidian had millions on Kickstarter because they showed actual gameplay - right!

I think that Guido did very well presenting his project in this Kickstarter, and I also believe that he and his co-workers are capable of delivering a top-class rpg given the opportunity, especially with Guido's writing.

I think that he should have had some advice from Brian regarding the running of the Kickstarter.

Hope he reaches his kickstarter goal, and if not through kickstarter maybe through some other funding means.

I'm following the campaign since the first day and one of the first day backers. Guido is doing everything he can to promote the campaign. Frequent updates, listening and reading every comments and taking actions according to feedback. From seeing this honesty and dedication I upped my pledge to 200 $ which I hadn't done until this campaign. But mainstream media doesn't see Kickstarter news as interesting anymore and is busy with making new console news. One can find millions of excuses for the lack of interest to this campaign but none of them related with Guido or his company. This game deserves backing much like Project Eternity, Torment or Wasteland 2. I mean come on, an ultra vague campaign like Shaker managed to make 260.000 dollars at first week before being cancelled.

What really bugs me is that this Kickstarter would still easily happen if the Star Citizen pledges (currently, one year after the end of their first pledge drive at their lowest levels in weeks, even) would be diverted to it for just those remaining 4 days. At 33 million, I'm sure Chris Roberts wouldn't mind...

I think they increasingly did better in the updates and the material shown should have to be enough for most old school rpgers to at least consider this project without Guido Henkel and co. having a super engaging PR campaign running.
(Alas people like their bling and showmanship, what can you do eh ?)

A lot of good guesses for the lack of success were noted above. I'll add a very German fanbase that seemed to have some technical problems backing the game and I guess would also have trouble spreading its enthusiasm to the predominantly NA audience of Kickstarter…

At any rate, I hope that if some increased gamer awareness (and KS campaign experience for the team) was raised for this game, it will carry to the next attempt (if one is forthcoming) possibly making it that much more likely to succeed. I personally will be backing that one too.

My recollection of Realms of Arkania is that it was nearly shovelware at the time it came out in the US. I liked the series a lot, but it was no Wizardry 7, Ultima VII, Might & Magic III, etc when it comes to prestige brand names. So, I don't think Guido picks up much old school cred as co-creator of the franchise. That might be part of the problem. Game looks good, in any case. I hope it gets made. If it doesn't, I hope they figure out where they went wrong, so their next pitch will succeed :)

:p

I think Guido needs to find a way to get money from his countrymen and not from the Americans. They'll be able to relate to him and his pitches better. His name is actually part of the problem. I'm much more likely to buy from a Chris or Brian than I am from a Guido or Mr. Nixon.

:p

I think Guido needs to find a way to get money from his countrymen and not from the Americans. They'll be able to relate to him and his pitches better. His name is actually part of the problem. I'm much more likely to buy from a Chris or Brian than I am from a Guido or Mr. Nixon.
The difference here being Mr. Nixon has a backup plan with other developers, and publishers. I wonder what Guido's plan will be. :)

The other difference here being Guido already proved himself in creating games. ;)

And yes, I think Guido needs to activate more fellow Germans. Though I have no clue how this could happen. Germans are generally slow in adapting "new" concepts like crowdfunding.

Back
Top Bottom