Gothic Invisible inventory items in Gothic 1.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I started to play Gothic 1 for a bit last night and I couldn't see any of the items in my inventory. You can see the name and how many there are, but the items themselves are invisible. This has never happened to me in the past. I recently upgraded my vid card to a Radeon X1950XTX and I think that's where the problem is. I did a search using Yahoo and saw that others are also experiencing the same glitch with Radeon X series of cards. Any ideas?

There is a setting in the ini that fixes that. I can't recall which one but it has to do with camera something (opacity?). Open the ini and read the comments, you should be able to figure it out.

I don't think that's the solution. I tried just about every line in the ini file that had to do with graphics, but didn't find anything.
I think the line you're refering to is "cameraLightRange=0" but changing that had no effect.

That's odd. I've got an X850 XTPE but I probably use older drivers than you. Did you try the Radeon control panel and disable recent stuff like all HDR, AF and AA modes? Just to test at least.

Try adding/editing the following line

zInventoryItemsDistanceScale=2

or any other value > 2.

This used to work with Gothic 2, I'm not sure if it will work with Gothic 1 though.

i've owned all nvidia cards and i remember having that problem with gothic 2 myself. my quick solution was to be standing in front of something dark preferably a wall.

Thank for all the tips, but nothing seems to work. Maybe I'll try to find some old Catalyst drivers and try them, even though I don't think that's the solution.
Someone else already told me they tried old drivers and it didn't work for them.

I've had the same problem for a long time, and I have not been able to find a solution so far. Would be great if someone was able to solve the problem.

At this point I'm thinking of building a 2nd system just to play some of my older games like Gothic. I already have most of the parts left over from recent upgrades.

Funny that a $400 video card can't properly display a 6 year old game.

Are you ALL retarded? The reason you can't see items in your inventory is that you either don't HAVE them yet, or you have smoked so much swampweed you can't see them. :p

Seriously i have never experienced this bug except for like one or two items in inventory....and I had been smoking a lil swampish kinda weed at the time. The two items I can remember it happening with was the free(no value) torches and some dumbarse ring you can't wear.

Oh man that's bad luck to have such a great new card and a glitch with one of your favoite games. :(

If your looking for a complete list of drivers regular Cats and Omega (the best ATI modified) try here.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Secondly the setting he is refering to is "radeonHackAmbientColBug=0" but this is only in Gothic 2 ini not Gothic 1.

Is your Cpu a Dual Core or Dual/Quad processor?

My guess is your best chance is a Modified Omega Driver, since he fine tunes the drivers specificly for games and he has an execellent reputation, it's possible he has caught the glitch.

Personally I would try a driver from maybe June and then September, if the newest Omegas 6.9 here, http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1492 don't work. :)

Thanks for the info Wulf, I'll keep an eye out for that. It would be nice to be able to play Gothic on my main system.

Wulf can you post a note here when he gets it? You know I can't go running all over the net watching for stuff like that to show up. :wideeyed: :rolleyes: :please:

Cm :bow: to her helpful friend.:)

If and when NicoDE's patch becomes available, a suggested setup to run Gothic with graphics visuals as good as you can get, would be as follows:-

1. Installing Freddy's texture pack [Textures_Patch_Freddy-0.8.exe]
corrects some well known graphic glitches.

2. Installing Freddy's world patch [worlds_patch_freddy-1.01.exe]
replaces/enhances textures in the gothic world, looks warmer and richer.

3. Install/run NicoDE's anticipated invisible inventory icons hack.
to correct this well known problem...(hopefully awaiting confirmation)

Link to WorldofGothic....
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=138593

Thanks in advance to Freddy, NicoDE and all involved.
(Wulf to Cm...:handshake: )

Back
Top Bottom