Gothic 2 [Mod] Vurt's Gothic II Texture Pack

Ah, when I saw this thread, I pounced on it, because the mods Vurt did for Morrowind are absolutely brilliant!
Will have to try this. :cool:

Have fun. G2 Gold isn't easy to get into, but it's one of the most rewarding games out there. :)

Looks good. The other day I was thinking about G&G2 and regretting that I never was able to finish them. This might help me push for another try :)

It's amazing how good that engine can still look.

Best of all: no irritating LOD that changes in the distance or pops up just before your eyes. The game has quite large view distance when using ZFOGZONE in the console.

Gog should incorporate this in their distributed version. Looks fantastic.

On another note I think I remember you posting something about helping on Gothic RELOADED, has there been any progress on that front?

And while I'm at it :biggrin: Which of the Risen MDS mods is your Dark Risen TexturePack incompatible with?

Any graphical mod that changes the flora textures is incompatible with my Risen mod, or rather one will override the other..
So that would be LowPolyTexturmod and possibly LowPolyVegetationTexture-Mod?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VOIIBSeuVw

Some of the new features in the update:

* New tree meshes. Pines now comes in 3 variations instead of 1. Conifers comes in 5 variations. The only difference with PB's different versions were sizes, the models were exactly the same.

* New Plant models, reeds, grasses etc.

Suggestions are welcome.

Dirtier looking sheep texture ;)

Other than that it looks great! (Must. Resist. Replay. So soon)

The flora is looking great, nice work. The thing that's always brought me down is the lack of contrast b/w the ground / terrain textures, and everything else. It's a fantastic landscape with all that verticality, but it ends up looking like a wall of olive green most of the time.

I have no idea what could be done about that, but I'd be interested to see what the world would like if that moss texture that covers most of the place was replaced with something else - fallen autumn leaves?

That's not done by me, it's in the original game too, but just at one place in the whole game.. Later on, if i edited the level meshes themselves, i'm going to add more things like that.

I think i've just found the most horrible looking mesh in the game thus far:

sl7qm.jpg

It seriously needs an overhaul hehe

edit, my overhaul:
799hk.jpg

Last edited:
The flora is looking great, nice work. The thing that's always brought me down is the lack of contrast b/w the ground / terrain textures, and everything else. It's a fantastic landscape with all that verticality, but it ends up looking like a wall of olive green most of the time.

I have no idea what could be done about that, but I'd be interested to see what the world would like if that moss texture that covers most of the place was replaced with something else - fallen autumn leaves?

Yeah, people will complain if it looks too colorful though, but i think it's better than everything turning into a big blur. I'm trying to keep it true to the original, but without being too anal about it (the reason i can't work with the Gothic Reloaded team lol).

Back
Top Bottom