Gothic 2 [Mod] Vurt's Gothic II Texture Pack

I always have Gorhic 2&3 installed and I'm really interested into this - keep up the good work.

http://www.multiupload.nl/XBWG05CCLP

it's good if you report clipping errors (NPC's or monsters that are stuck in vegetation), take a screenshot of the problem, and if you see something that looks new but has a very dark low-res texture it means i forgot to put in that texture in the .vdf, report that too ;)

Current features (v0.3):

* New meshes (50 currently). The meshes are improvements to the natural environment, plants, trees / tree stumps, grasses, mushrooms etc. Old World has been given extra care since many of the meshes there were extremely blocky.

* The original game has very few different trees, this mod ups the amount of different pines, conifers and other types of trees.

* Improved herbs. In vanilla Gothic 2 the herbs are often stuck too deep into the ground, it looks ugly and sometimes the mesh is almost completely hidden. This mod brings them up a bit further and most has been given a slight graphical update.

* New textures for landscape, skies, architecture, monsters, blood, water. Some of the NPC's, armors and weapons are also enhanced or changed completely.

* Only aesthetics, no gameplay changes.

Thanks for all the hard work vurt. Will test when I move the game to the new ssd (weekend probably).

Off Topic: Anyone have any problem with the game and mouse control? I am trying to understand if it is my new Logitech G400 that seems to have made the sensitivity plummet (I can barely look around at 3600 dpi. Mouse works amazingly well in every other game I tried) the only other thing changed is an NVIDIA gtx670 but I sincerely doubt that is the problem, hmm…. :-/

Edit: Hmm seems it is a known problem with some newer mice (worked well with my dirt basic old Logitech). I'll have to change it from the ini it seems...

Last edited:
Be aware that this release really isnt intended for anything else than testing, it's not really worth downloading for a play through or anything yet, that will take a while. There are issues like textures flickering and whatnot. But since it's really easy to uninstall (delete the .vdf) you can test it if you want..

Fine by me (tweaking, testing and fooling around is all I have the appetite for doing on a PC at home presently, instead of actually doing some serious gaming i.e.).

Have finished a G2 run just a few months ago anyways :)

Did you take it down? I've tried the link several times, but I'm getting nothing but a blank white page.

Tried it a bit tonight and I really like what I am seeing, especially the flora. Also great work on the Valley of Mines.

Performance though is surprisingly an issue! I get as low as 22 fps on Khorinis with an i7960 6GB DDR3 and an OC GTX 670 (Gigabyte Windforce) that rips apart pretty much everything I throw at it (Skyrim, Witcher2, Metro 2033 and DX11 Crysis 2)… On every other place I checked FPS were acceptable (35 was the minimum I got in the Valley I believe and above 40 to 60 everywhere else). In contrast, I get FPS as expected (through the roof) with all quality settings and sumpfis texture pack (simple sharpening of the originals). They don't look even remotely as sharp as yours ofcourse ;)

What system are you running it on? Seems like a CPU limit to me… (same FPS with 8xSS Transparency,16xAF, 32xCSAA and without all those).

Other than that, the only bug I have found is some sort of impassable area around Mika (The guard on the screen). Its not a wall exactly because if you walk around it you stop at a distance to the guard from the opposite direction too.

I will fool around some more when I have the time. Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

The City of Khorinis has always been the most demanding place in the game, i guess it's because of the NPC schedule's etc. 22 does sound extremely low though, i have at least 40 there and 60 in most other places.

Might have to scale down some of the the textures or something.. i'll do some more tests on my old laptop.. My main computer is a i7 @ 4.9,GHz, GTX 580, 8GB ram.

I will check out the thing with the guard, thanks for the input :)

Here's v0.4:

http://www.multiupload.nl/Y7JM6L0MNU
http://www.2shared.com/file/KeA_4wYT/Vurts_Gothic_II_Graphics_Overh.html

I've changed a lot of the ground textures that were a bit too bright, City of Khorinis has been updated with new textures too.

The City of Khorinis has always been the most demanding place in the game, i guess it's because of the NPC schedule's etc. 22 does sound extremely low though, i have at least 40 there and 60 in most other places.

Might have to scale down some of the the textures or something.. i'll do some more tests on my old laptop.. My main computer is a i7 @ 4.9,GHz, GTX 580, 8GB ram.

I have 60 fps with Sumpfis texture pack (and Vsync on so I guess even more) on the same spot. Did you add lot of new meshes (i.e trees) on the surrounding area i.e ? My i7 is @ 3,2 (stock) so I guess that is indeed the main difference here. Can't be the textures though...

Will try the new version soon.

There are new pines and conifers around the city yes.. i checked again and its extremely fluid for me, even with alpha transperancy (super samling) turned on, 8x AA, 16 AF on. I also use Zfogzone and ZHqualityrender from the console. So it's a bit strange you get that low FPS hmm.

Well If you checked it on your laptop and its fluid there it is odd certainly.
If you do have 40 fps there @ 4.9 (too low!) then the difference is explained away by our cpu's… May be that you hit the limits on that poor old engine…

Its odd though, I have 35 fps on the gate (and 40 looking away from it) and then 22-25 a few meters in… What is even odder is that reducing view distance from 300% to 100 % only improves fps by 1-2 !

You replaced the only texture I didn't like in Khorinis btw (the Marble like one). The new one fits like a glove :)

Edit: One question would be (in case it is indeed fluid on your laptop too) what setup do you have for the game. Gog Version ? iirc I installed pretty much like this Using the original German Gold Version (with the translation mod as my English version installer did not work in win7 for some reason)...

Last edited:
I meant my main computer, but i tested on my laptop just now and yes, it kills at least 6 FPS on my laptop (harbor area). But even my laptop had around 20 FPS there and it's quite old, a C2D at 2.2GHz, ATI 512MB (i think) graphics card, 3GB RAM.

I use the Steam version, it's updated/downgraded to 2.6 (fix) version from WoG which is the recommended version of G2..

Definitely something fishy going on then. I'll try to look into it.
Meanwhile I'd appreciate if you posted your ini (in spoiler tags or something), if its not too much of a bother, just in case.

Might be the new water textures.. i'll try removing them and see what happens to my FPS on the laptop.

Here's my .ini:

;
; G O T H I C 2
;
; INI-File
;
; contains different settings
; … some can be modified in gothics menu
; … some not (feel free to hack, but don't cry … :)
; … others won't take any effect (they will be reset during gameplay)
; … and a few may cause a crash or some other funny things :)
;
; Be careful but DON'T PANIC !!
;

[PERFORMANCE]

recalc=0
; … indicates if your performance-settings should be recalculated (1) {analyses you computer} or not (0). Replays Intro-Video.

sightValue=14
; … range of visibility: 0=20% … 14=300%, default is 4 (100%)

modelDetail=1
; … detail of models (LODing) from 0.0 to 1.0, default is 0.5

[GAME]

animatedWindows=1
; … turn fading of game-internal windows(views) off (0) or on (1), default is 1

camLookaroundInverse=0
; … inverts the camera-lookaround for UP and DOWN-direction (for both: mouse and keyboard)

bloodDetail=3
; … details of blood (0 = off), use values from 0 to 3

extendedVideoKeys=0
; … enables extra keys for videoplay: HOME (restart), RIGHT (step forward), UP, DOWN (volume), Q(uiet), default is 0

scaleVideos=0
; … disable scaling of videos (0) if you have problems with your graphics-adapter, default is on (1)

cameraLightRange=0
; … range of cameralight in cm, default is 0 (no camera-light)

invShowArrows=1
; … show arrows beside inventory if there are more items above or beyond, default is 1

invSwitchToFirstCategory=0
; … switch to first category (weapons) in trading-screen, when moving to your heroes inventory, default is 0

enableMouse=1
; … enable your mouse for gothic, default is 0

mouseSensitivity=0.8
; … mouseSpeed in game between 0.0 and 1.0, default is 0.5

playLogoVideos=0
; … if set to 0 no intro logo videos will be played

skyEffects=1
; … turn weather-effects (rain) on (1) or off (0), default is 1

highlightMeleeFocus=2
; … here you can turn on an optional focus highlight effect during fighting

highlightInteractFocus=0
; … here you can turn on an optional focus highlight during interactions

useGothic1Controls=0
; … if you set this one to 0 you will have another fight interface (one key to attack).
; we feel the gothic 1 interface is more challenging, so we set the old controls to default
; with the new interface, the focus nsc stays locked until you move the mouse. in this mode
; the side attacks are being accessed with additional side attack keys.

disallowVideoInput=0
; … set to 1 if you dont want to have keyboard control over video sequences (default: 0)

keyDelayRate=150
; … sets the keyboard repeat delay rate in msec (default: 150)

enableJoystick=0
; … enables joystick support in gothic (default: 1) set to 0 if you encounter problems (rapid fire etc.)

keyDelayFirst=0
; … delay for first keyboard repeat in msec (default: 0)

subTitles=1
; … choose if you want to see windows with spoken words (1) or not (0), default is 0

subTitlesAmbient=1
; … set to 1 if you dont want to have subtitles for ambient talks (default: 1) [disabled if subTitles is off]

subTitlesPlayer=1
; … activates (1) or deactivates (0) subtitles for the hero (default: 1) [disabled if subTitles is off]

subTitlesNoise=0
; … activates (1) or deactivates (0) subtitles for surroundings npc ambient infos and talks (default: 0) [disabled if subTitles is off]

invMaxColumns=5
; … determins how many colums you can see with you inventory (default: 5) [0: limited by resolution]

invMaxRows=0
; … determins how many rows you can see with you inventory (default: 0: limited by resolution)

invSplitScreen=1
; … determins if you can see a second inventory during object interaction and trading. TAB will toggle inventory focus or close your inventory depending on the setting

invCatOrder=COMBAT,POTION,FOOD,ARMOR,MAGIC,RUNE,DOCS,OTHER,NONE
; … determins the inventory item group order.

gametextAutoScroll=1000
; … with this value you can tune the scroll time in msec of the various in game infos (default: 1000)

usePotionKeys=0
; … with this value you are allowed to use the potion keys if set to "1". potionkeys do not work and are not visible in the keyboard settings if you leave this to "0"
; we feel potion shortkeys suck in gameplay, so you will manually have to enable them here

useQuickSaveKeys=0
; … with this value set to "1" you quicksave and quickload slots will be enabled in the savegame screen. press "F5" to quicksave and "F9" to quickload
; this feature is not testet good enough yet, and therefore it is disabled for goldmaster. you may enable it at your own risk by setting it to "1"

useSpeechReverbLevel=1
; … with this setting you can enable several reverb-settings for in-game-speech. 0: no reverb, 1: slight reverb, 2: full reverb (default: 2)

keyboardLayout=00020409
; … currently there are two supported keyboard layouts: 00000407 - German, 00020409 - US-International
; ( see http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/keyboards.asp , dead keys are not supportet at all )

pickLockScramble=0
; … you can increase the feeling of lockpicking if you enable scrambling the combination on loading an savegame
; the value is the maximum length of combination which will be scrambled, 0 = off (default)

PATCHVERSION=5
SHORTKEY1FARPLANEDIST=0.8
SHORTKEY2FARPLANEDIST=1.2
SHORTKEY3FARPLANEDIST=2
SHORTKEY4FARPLANEDIST=3
zShowWeaponTrails=1
itemEffects=1
spawnRemoveNpcOnlyIfEmpty=0
spawnUseDeadNpcRoutinePos=1

[VIDEO]

zVidDevice=0
; … index of graphic-device beginning with zero.

zVidResFullscreenX=800
zVidResFullscreenY=600
zVidResFullscreenBPP=16
; … used resolution

zStartupWindowed=0
; … should the game be started as a window-application? Just for debugging!
; … ATTENTION: Not all resolution work in window-mode!!!

zVidBrightness=0.514285743
; … brightness from 0.0 (dark) to 1.0 (bright)

zVidContrast=0.485714287
; … contrast from 0.0 (low contrast) to 1.0 (high contrast)

zVidGamma=0.571428597
; … gamma from 0.0 (dark) to 1.0 (bright)

zTexMaxSize=16384
; … size of texture in pixels, default is 16384 (max)

[SOUND]

soundVolume=1
musicVolume=0.0666666701
; … volume of sound and music, ranges between 0.0 (off) and 1.0 (noisy)

musicEnabled=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) music. Gothic needs less memory without music.

soundEnabled=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) sound.

soundUseReverb=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) in game reverb effects in indoor locations.

extendedProviders=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) some unsupported sound providers in the menu (Dolby Surround and Intel RSX; use at your own risk)

[RENDERER_D3D]

zFogDisabled=0
; … diables fog. set this to 1 if you have any problem with fogging

zFogRadial=1
; … enables radial fog. this could be somehow slower on some grafic cards, but looks smoother. set to "0" if you have any problems with it
; some cards without T&L don't support radial fog. On these cards, (although they are unsupported) it may be wise to deactivate radial fog.

zVidRefreshRate=0
; … overrides the windows default refresh rate. enter a value above 75 to make your eyes happier (default: 0)
; Attention: could collide with various refresh rate tools as nvmax, nvidia refresh rate fix, etc.. if you enter any value above "0"

zForceZBuffer=0
; … gothic first tries to activate a w buffer if your cards supports it. however, some cards have problems with gothics way to access the w buffer
; you can force z buffering here by setting the value to "1"

zEnableTaskSwitch=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) going to windowed/pause mode if gothic 2 looses focus (e.g. on ALT-Tab)

geforce3HackWBufferBug=0
; … some geforce 3 or geforce 4 cards have problems with gothics way to access the w buffer, resulting in flickering polys
; in the distant. with this setting set to "1" these cards automatically use a z buffer, loosing some precision near the camera but without the flickering polys.
; the driver version 12.41 does not have this problem. if you you have this version installed you may set this to 0 in order to activate the better looking
; w buffer. Driver versions later than 30.82 may not have this problem either.

zSyncAmbientCol=0
; … some grafic drivers have problems with gothics way to access the ambient lightning on a per object base but want the ambient
; light on a per scene base. this is a driver bug! if there occurs heavily lightning flickering with objects, you might set this setting
; to "1" to synchronize the ambient color after each object. this forces the driver to flush the scene after each objects which can
; seriously degrade performance (especially if you activate antialiasing!)

radeonHackAmbientColBug=0
; … the radeon 9700 has known problems with accessing the ambient lightning on a per object base, thus using the above "zSyncAmbientCol"
; Feature automatically. By activating the workaround for this card, performance may drop about 10%. Fullscene antialiasing does not work
; fast enough on this card until ATI fixes the ambient col driver bug.
; if you set this setting to "0" and no object lightning flickering occurs, ATI has probably managed to fix the problem and you may enable antialiasing

[SKY_OUTDOOR]

zDayColor0=5 50 109
zDayColor1=151 74 51
zDayColor2=16 34 60
zDayColor3=255 100 16

zDayColor0_OW=54 48 79
zDayColor1_OW=50 94 131
zDayColor2_OW=202 193 188
zDayColor3_OW=255 255 0
; … these values tune the different sky colors during different daytimes

zSkyDome=1
; … here you can define if you want a smooth sky sphere instead of a sky plane. enter a "0" here if you want more performance. (default:1)

zColorizeSky=1
; … with this value you can make the skysphere even more beautiful (set it to "0" for a plus of performance) (default:1)

zSunName=unsun5.tga
zSunSize=200
zSunAlpha=230
zMoonName=moon.tga
zMoonSize=400
zMoonAlpha=255
; … these values tune the different sizes and alpha intensitys of the sky planets. you should leave them as they are :)

zRainWindScale=0.003
; … this value tunes how wind affects the rain. looks great with higher values, but occasional you will see rain drops in indoor locations

zNearFogScale=1
zFarFogScale=1
; … these settings tune the far- and near-fog distances (default: 1, range: 0.0 - 1.0)

[ENGINE]

zDetailTexturesEnabled=1
; … here you can define if the engine should support detail textures (default: 1)

zSubdivSurfacesEnabled=0
; … with this setting you can activate subdiving surface for progressive meshes (untestet, default: 0)

zTexCacheOutTimeMSec=5120000
zTexCacheSizeMaxBytes=512000000
zSndCacheOutTimeMSec=10000
zSndCacheSizeMaxBytes=20000000
; … with these settings you can tune the memory usage of the texture and sound resources.
; if you have more ram than 512 MB, greater values will improve performance

zVobFarClipZScale=14
; … with this setting you can tune the object visibility range. (range: 1..3) default: 1

zFarClipAlphaFade=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) water distance fade and camera angle transparency dependencies. disabling improves performance

zEnvMapTextureName=zflare1.tga
; … texture name for the object env effects

zWaterAniEnabled=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) water waves. disabling improves performance

zWaterEnvMapTextureName=cloudenv_bright.tga
; … texture name for the water env effect

zWaterEnvMapAniFPS=0
; … animation speed in for an optional water env texture

zHighLightScale=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) item highlight swell (default: 0)

ZMAXFPS=0
; … some strange gfx hardware may have problems with gothic's way accessing the game-timer. you may limit the maximum fps rate with entering any value
; above 1. (The spacer needs a reasonably value here especially for editing very small ZENs)

zSmoothTimer=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) smoothing of the in-game timer so that animations will look smoother during short sloppy framerates
; (default: 1)

zVidEnableAntiAliasing=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) edge antialiasing. this is driver dependant and a performance hit.

zSmoothModelRootNode=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) model moving smooting (default: 1)

zMouseRotationScale=2.6
; … this value affects the npc turning speed while using your mouse. Attention: can seriously affect gameplay if setting to unreasonably values (default: 2.0)

zDontSwitchToThirdPerson=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) auto-switching the camera to 3rd person during dialogs, interactions and combat.
; Attention: seriously affects gameplay if setting to "1", as everything can be done in 1st person, untested feature but fun

zCacheInAllNSCAtNewGame=0
; … with this value setting to "0" you can achive a plus of startup time, as several humans won't be loaded in memory on startup

zCloudShadowScale=1
; … this value enables (1) or disables (0) the cloudshadow effect during raining. range: (0.0-1.0) default: 0.0. attention: performance hog!

zTexAnisotropicFiltering=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) anisotropic filtering for textures. this is driver dependant and a performance hit, but improves texture sharpness
; default: 0

NOAMBIENTPFX=0
; … enables (0) or disables (1) rendering of ambient particles during gameplay. if you have a card with a lesser fillrate, you should set this to "1"
; in order to improve speed

zVobPointLight=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) additional dynamic lights for indoor objects, greatly improving details. you should left this as it is, although in can improve indoor performance.

ZNEARVALUE=-1
; … with this setting you may fine-tune the distant-value of the near clipping plane. some cards may accept more aggresive near z values then the default calculated
; by gothic. (w buffering uses alway a value of 1, so you don't need to fine-tune this setting) (default: -1, let the value determin by renderer)

zSkyRenderFirst=1
; … enables (0) or disables (1) an additional way to workaround the flickering poly in the distant on geforce 3 or geforce 4 cards.
; if you set this to "0" the sky will be renderer after the normal game world thus overlaying the flickering polys. this does only work with 32 bit
; color enabled and if you set the value "geforce3HackWBufferBug" to "0". the drawback is that the sky is slightly distorted, but this should be the best
; workaround for most geforce 3/4 users as the flicker polys are more annoying. moreover you can't see through walls with this workaround any more
; (default: 1)

zMaxFPS=0
; … some rare gfx hardware may have problems with gothics way to access the timer, resulting in jerky animations.
; with this setting set to a fixed value (e.g. 20) you can avoid choppy animations on those systems
; the spacer needs a fixed value here in order to work properly during editing small ZEN Files

zAmbientPFXEnabled=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) rendering of ambient particles. rendering ambient particles greatly limits your fillrate, so if you have a card with less
; fill-rate capabilities (e.g. geforce 2 MX versions) you may set this to "0" to improve performance. (default: 1)

zAmbientVobsEnabled=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) rendering of ambient objects. not used in gothic 2

zEnvMappingEnabled=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) rendering of environmental effects (aka shiny/reflective surfaces). improves performance if deactivated (default: 1)

zKillSysKeys=0
; … enables (1) or disables (0) the window keys as ALT-TAB, ALT-ESC, etc… GOTHIC handles focus-loss by going to windowed-pause mode, so
; there is no real need to deactivate the keys (moreover, disallowing those keys is more of a hack than a feature).
; this feature is untested and unsupported.

zSmoothMouse=3
; … with this setting you can smooth your mouse movements by averaging the last [n] frame moves. higher values result in laggier but smoother mouse response.
; (default: 3) ATTENTION: modifying this value may result in different gameplay.

zMusic16ChannelsOnly=0
; … if you have 256 MB or less memory, you can force the music system to use only 16 channels, thus killing several instruments and performances.
; ATTENTION: setting this to "1" reduces music quality but can improve performance. If music is not important for you, you have the choice to only
; use 16 channels.

zInventoryItemsDistanceScale=1.3
; … some rare grafic cards have a high near clipping value resulting in inventory items not being visible (esp. if you have the cursor focus on it)
; with entering a value above "0" you can scale the item distances from the camera in order to make the items smaller, but visible
; (e.g. with a value of 2.0 the items will be twice as far away from the camera)
; range: 0..1000. (default: 1.3)

zWindEnabled=1
; … enables (1) or disables (0) in-game wind for objects/trees etc. improves performance (especially on slow cpu's) (default: 1)

zWindCycleTime=4
zWindCycleTimeVar=2
zWindStrength=70
zWindStrengthVar=40
zWindAngleVelo=0.9
zWindAngleVeloVar=0.8
; … these settings tune the wind effect, you should leave them as they are (altough funny things can happen;)

zSunMaxScreenBlendScale=0.8
zRayTurboPolyTreshold=500

[KEYS]
keyEnd=0100
keyHeal=2300
keyPotion=1900
keyLockTarget=4f00
keyParade=cf000d02
keyActionRight=d100
keyActionLeft=d300
keyUp=c8001100
keyDown=d0001f00
keyLeft=cb001000
keyRight=cd001200
keyStrafeLeft=d3001e00
keyStrafeRight=d1002000
keyAction=1d000c02
keySlow=2a003600
keySMove=38009d00
keyWeapon=39000e02
keySneak=2d00
keyLook=13005200
keyLookFP=21005300
keyInventory=0f000e00
keyShowStatus=30002e00
keyShowLog=31002600
keyShowMap=3200

[KEYSDEFAULT0]
keyEnd=0100
keyHeal=2300
keyPotion=1900
keyLockTarget=4f00
keyParade=cf000d02
keyActionRight=d100
keyActionLeft=d300
keyUp=c8001100
keyDown=d0001f00
keyLeft=cb001000
keyRight=cd001200
keyStrafeLeft=d3001e00
keyStrafeRight=d1002000
keyAction=1d000c02
keySlow=2a003600
keySMove=38009d00
keyWeapon=39000e02
keySneak=2d00
keyLook=13005200
keyLookFP=21005300
keyInventory=0f000e00
keyShowStatus=30002e00
keyShowLog=31002600
keyShowMap=3200

[KEYSDEFAULT1]
keyEnd=0100
keyHeal=2300
keyPotion=1900
keyLockTarget=4f00
keyParade=cf000d02
keyActionRight=d100
keyActionLeft=d300
keyUp=c8001100
keyDown=d0001f00
keyLeft=1000
keyRight=1200
keyStrafeLeft=cb001e00
keyStrafeRight=cd002000
keyAction=1d000c02
keySlow=2a003600
keySMove=38009d00
keyWeapon=39000e02
keySneak=2d00
keyLook=13005200
keyLookFP=21005300
keyInventory=0f000e00
keyShowStatus=30002e00
keyShowLog=31002600
keyShowMap=3200

[INTERNAL]
idComputerName=VURT
idUserName=Patrik
extendedMenu=0
gameStarts=98
perfQualityIndex=0
gameStartFailed=0
gameAbnormalExit=0
menuShowVersion=1
gamePath=
gameScript=
gameCompile=1.0
playerInstanceName=
menuAction=LEAVE_GAME
debugAllChannels=0
debugAllInstances=0
debugChannels=
cutscenesDisabled=0
texDetailIndex=1
vidResIndex=8
soundProviderIndex=0
soundSampleRateIndex=1
soundSpeakerIndex=0
logStatistics=0
zFastSaveGames=1

It's a bit experimental though, new values for sky colors and whatnot (something i'm still tweaking). Values for texture VRAM etc are set quite high too. Worth at try maybe.

It's a bit experimental though, new values for sky colors and whatnot (something i'm still tweaking). Values for texture VRAM etc are set quite high too. Worth at try maybe.

Exactly what I was thinking although I already had most values up to the levels you had and a bit beyond. Odd, no doubt about it…

Thanks vurt. I can think of a couple of things I'll look into and see how it goes. Definitely using your mod for my next playthrough regardless though. No way I am going back now that I've seen the game look like this ;)

Edit: The wave tex suggestion might not be too far off. On the Dock I have 40 fps looking towards the town and fluctuating 30-33 while looking towards the sea..

Back
Top Bottom