The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The key with the build is to use items he already has like 2 divine vengeances (need 1 paladin level to function), khopeshes and some other items. Since he was originally built as a paladin it means items were picked as if he was a pallly.

That counts for something. Scrolls working at 90% instead of 95% is a minor issue since I will mainly use scrolls between fights or when retreating out of combat.

I read several places that the fighter capstone isn't really worth it so fighter is one of the classes which often splashes. The paladin capstone, however, is very good and should be taken if possible. So a pure 20 pallly is better than 18/2 in my opinion.

I don't care much about evasion since I've never needed it so far in quests.

10% Doublestrike isn't worth it? It's one of the best capstones in game currently. Most Fighters are pure, it's that Fighter is a class which is most often taken as 2 level splashes, since those two levels give martial weapons and two feats.

The Paladin capstone is less useful thanks to Artificers being able to give out DR breaking abilities, so it ends up being a negligible amount of damage. Compared to two feats on a feat starved class, and being able to walk into stuff like Enter the Kobold's end fight and ignore pretty much everything because they can't hurt you. Unlike you, I remember our first life characters, and remember quite a few quests that Rachail survived that you did not, because she had evasion and you did not. The same thing happened again with Fireflash, who as a Ranger had evasion and survived where others did not because of it. There's a reason Rogue and Monk are two of the most common splashes. It isn't for traps skills or stances.

99% of gear is not class-specific; and the longswords out of HoX are about it. Given that you look to be a Khopesh Kensai on the Fighter build, you'll be doing less damage for no good reason with them, or any non-Khopesh. On top of that, going LG for Paladin levels means you'll get neg levels from some of the better melee gear like the Marilith Chain or Chaos Blades.

I might do a pure paladin with favored soul dilettante. The reason I pick FvS is because wis is a dump stat in the build and you need 13 in the main dilettante stat to pick it. Charisma is already high on the paladin so I don't need to add points to a new attribute.

For the fighter I think getting wis to 13 is better if I don't do the pally splashes. Then I get better will saves as well.

I usually don't run quests where I really need evasion. The only quest I miss evasion on is Von 5. Enter the kobold is not so fun so I run it to be flagged if I run it at all. I have never run Stealer of Souls so getting flagged isn't so important.

E. g. I got my TR's up to level 20 without feeling I missed it. This is probably because we have a rogue or artificer in the group. If I would solo quests or run without rogues then I would certainly consider the evasion. I think the purpose of our next TR's is to play together as we do with the current mid level group.

I haven't made up my mind yet because I don't know the requirements for the expansion quests. I read that the expansion will focus on demons and not devils. So cold iron will be more important than silver. Divine vengeance are the only weapons I have with cold iron so I felt they could be useful against demons. With just 1 level of paladin I get holy burst, axiomatic burst, cold iron and spell resistance 30. I have 20 weapons so they can probably outperform khopeshes. It depends on the strength of the kensai enhancements. I have to admit I didn't catch the usefulness of the kensai prestige line. Maybe they come from the signature weapon mastery and specialization enhancements and not the prestige enhancemets. Kensai II seems very good, though.

I have never seen chaos blades or Marilith chain. Are those from Against the Demon Queen raid?

The pally capstone is quite good because it gives 1d6 extra damage to all evil monsters and 2d6 vs undead and evil outsider. Since I was farming vale and Shroud I felt the capstone was great.

The fighter capstone is not bad, but I've seen many fighter builds with 2 splashes into something.

I still haven't made up my mind. There are several factors that will determine my choice. If the new group will have 1 artificer (e. g. MrPump) then I think I can more easily go for a pure fighter. I don't have to worry about cold iron and silver because the arty can cast it. If I play a pally I can always use the paladin holy sword spell to have a DR breaker.

It would be fun to try a fighter to see the difference in DPS. With high hp's and scrolls to self heal I think I can survive without evasion. With a pure fighter build I think dps will be excellent.

Important to my choice will be the eventual outcome of suggested changes to the DDO expansion. If some of the suggested nerfs (no disease immunity, useless power attack etc.) are kept then the paladin as a class will become more useless. If the dps will be way behind a fighter then the class won't be invited to raids and pug's anymore. I see it already in raids on hard or elite.

That means I need raw dps to be useful. Pure fighters will probably be affected less by the suggested nerfs than e. g. paladins.

I just want to have fun playing and have a build I feel comfortable with.

Do you think it could be an alternative to do a fighter 12 / paladin 6 / rogue 2 build? It seems most fighters get to level 12 for kensai II. With 2 rogue I get sneak attack and evasion. With 6 paladin I get most of the special paladin powers and some self healing.

Splashing paladin with 2 levels in my build will give me a 22 charisma. That means +6 to all saves. That's not bad for a fighter. It's not as good as a true paladin, but will certainly help.

It's always possible to build a fighter with 2 paladin splashes and if he sucks then it's easy to use a greater heart to replace the 2 paladin levels with a rogue / monk or do a pure fighter. So I don't feel I take a big risk if I went for it.

On the other hand, I only get divine vengeance from level 18 and that means I can't use the weapons in the desert to benefit from the pally bonus. I can use these weapons in the expansion part, though. So I'm not sure yet what to do.

Being a pure fighter seems attractive too. I just want to have some self heal capability and using heals scrolls seem to be a good alternative to lay on hands. Whatever my choice I don't want to end being a fighter completely dependent on healers that might not heal you. I've seen enough powerful fighters being the first to die because they depended on healers to work like a henchman that exists simply to heal the fighter.

Being self sufficient is my main goal. The second goal is to be able to reuse as many of the current items I have already got. Therefore I'm getting the khopesh as the signature weapon.

If I go for a pure fighter then I think I have to start crafting so I can get my khopeshes with greater elemental bane, greater evil outsider bane, cold iron or silver. I see most fighters have their own.

Are the crafting skills per account or per character? Are the bound items you can create bound to account or bound to character?

Fighter Kensai adds straight damage and to-hit bonuses, as well as an increased critical range. In addition, you can stack on +6 STR for 1 minute, and it increases the number of boosts you get. As a Half-Elf or Human, you can have stacking damage and haste boost, which with the paladin past life clicky and power surge, means a massive amount of damage fast.

The difference between the Fighter life and Paladin life, even with comparable weapons, is drastic. Rachail can mow down mobs far faster. With a bit of kiting, I can scroll heal in combat.

Crafting skills are per character, but bound shards are bound to account, so you only need one crafter. You only need about 50 or so to craft a +4 Holy of EOB weapon. You just need to find a silver and a cold iron set of blanks. Once the shards are placed onto an item, the item becomes bound to character.

From what I understand, Class and Racial immunities will remain. It's only items being nerfed. And maybe the spell.

I've little experience with 12/6/2 builds. Most seem to be some variant of Fighter, Ranger, and Monk.

I did a Shroud with a 12/6/2. He was fighter/ranger/monk. He didn't die on normal. ;) Given the mob tactics of the Shroud, it's hard to say whether he was effective or not, and even if he was, it would be harder to say whether it was the build or gear. I didn't check his gear, so he could have been running anything from a flame touched dagger to a +700 Toothpick of Boss Beating.

I just got invited to join the beta for the expansion. Az, do you think it's worth the time and effort required?

Same here Dte, I've seen 12/6/2's, but given than 99% of my pugging is done in raids, and there's only a few raids where you can truly tell whose really being effective outside of specific roles, it's hard to comment much on them.

Corwin, I can't answer that. How much being able to access the Beta is worth is entirely on you. For me, the information gained may prove useful, and not just to myself. IMO, as slow as you typically level, you might be better off focusing on live, and trying to hit 20 on Ambrer first.

The general assumption among the forums is ( I'm not completely up-to-date, though), that the Lamannia test server now also acts as the beta server.
I don't know if there's NDA, too.

If so, you would have to download and install the Lasagna (community term for Lamannia) client, too.

Hi all. Yea, you know that means problems. I will most likely have to miss Friday. Might get in late, but that is a maybe. Grandson is having a graduation thing and I must do my duty and show up. Anyway, unless something changes, don't wait for me. (I will never get Testy caught up at this rate. LOL) But play your TR's Friday, I will sort my stuff somehow.

Actually, with cm and az both out, I'd propose that we work on getting Amberer and Sherina and RhoGu/Shadohe capped. I don't know if Peter's 3rd is capped yet or not, but that could be another addition to the list. There's lots of outdoor areas we could work on and maybe we put together an Inspired Quarter or Harbinger2 march. If everyone is flagged, we could even drag Corwin kicking and screaming thru his virgin Shroud run.

edit- I think Trevor has a toon up that high now, so he'd be able to run that stuff as well if he wanted to join in.

edit2- Don't know if Alrik's got his toon that far up yet or not, nor what his schedule looks like, but that's also a possibility.

Thanks for the feedback, Cm !

So far things go, I will be available for the Friday session. But keep in mind that I have only low-level to mid-level toons.

Alrikadaram is level 14 now.
Daracaram just turned 7 last night or the night before.

By the way, I propose that everyone checks the guild chest again.
To make it empty for newer stuff.

I'll advise my wizard to take a few elemental resistance potions from the chest - mostly fire, because he wants to "tame the flames". ;)

The only elemental resistance potions we really need (especially for toons without spells for that) are coldness and sonic damage. Because we don't have shrines for that.

Who finds the mistake ? ;)

May 17, 2012 14:07 EST Holen Sie sich noch bis zum 15. Mai 250% Cannith-Handwerks-Dekonstruktions-EP!

My cleric is capped, but I can do level 18-20 quests. Why not try the Lord of Dust chain. That is the intro to the expansion. A lot of good equipment from the quest chain as well. Quest is not extremely hard either. Did an epic Lord of Dust once. We can easily do hard, but might start with normal if we want to farm it just so you learn the quest. Each of the 3 quests don't take a long time.

I will be online tonight so maybe I can bring my cleric or favored soul to help you with healing. We could try Lord of Dust, Servants of the Overlord and the Spinner of Shadows tonight.

We had our national day today so it was a holiday. I took a day off from work tomorrow (like most do) so I can play tonight like I do Friday nights.

I rearranged my level 20 paladin to get mostly even numbers in the attributes. I dropped 3 in charisma and 1 in dexterity and boosted constitution, strength, wisdom and intelligence with 1. I could not change race or class so I ended up with a level 20 paladin. I also got more skillpoints so UMB, jump and balance were all maxed out (a cross class skills).

From the changes I got 40 more hp, 25 more mana and +1 to hit and damage. Not bad to making a small rearrangement of my paladin. It's almost like getting a new item. :)

I did a feat optimization for my favored soul as well to get stats even. I managed to boost the hp by 20 and some other minor changes.

The reason for the changes is that I planned my toons using +2 tome and I ended up using +3 tome.

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.12.01[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]Peterp3 Stauffenberg[/U][/B]
Level 20 Lawful Good Half-Elf Male
(20 Paladin) 
Hit Points: 362
Spell Points: 329 
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 24
Reflex: 17
Will: 15

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](34 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Strength             16                    24
Dexterity            14                    17
Constitution         14                    18
Intelligence          9                    12
Wisdom                9                    12
Charisma             16                    22[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Balance               2                    14
Bluff                 3                     6
Concentration         2                     5
Diplomacy             3                     6
Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
Haggle                3                     6
Heal                 -1                     1
Hide                  2                     3
Intimidate            3                     6
Jump                  3                     9
Listen               -1                     1
Move Silently         2                     3
Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
Perform               n/a                   n/a
Repair               -1                     1
Search               -1                     1
Spot                 -1                     1
Swim                  3                     7
Tumble                n/a                   n/a
Use Magic Device      5                    17
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Favored Soul[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Follower of the Sovereign Host[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Improved Recovery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Charisma I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Courage of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Toughness II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Adaptability Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Sacrifice I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Resistance of Good I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Energy of the Templar I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Bulwark of Good II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Energy of the Templar II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Smite Evil III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Unyielding Sovereignty[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Courage of Good II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Sacrifice II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Extra Lay on Hands III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Human Greater Adaptability Strength I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Charisma II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Improved Favored Soul Dilettante III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Knight of the Chalice III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Exalted Smite II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Weapons of Good[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Paladin Divine Might IV[/COLOR]

There's the new sale : The +3 tomes are there only for a limited time now, and they say they're with 20 % off now.

The perhaps most interesting things are discounts on

- Syberis dragon shards (for Fred, for example)
- a spell exchange elixir (?)
- name change certificates (for pets, too !)
- health & spell points potions, there's a special thing going on

The list is here : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

From May, 18th until May, 24th.

Free item of the week : It's a lesser elixir of experience, the Coupon Code is : LEE431

Edit : Here's something for Corwin ;) : http://youtu.be/lYbA9JQrAjY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom