Bound By Flame - Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Next to Mars: War Logs, Spiders are apparently also working on a second game named Bound by Flame, which is an adventure/RPG and with less than a year from release shows surprisingly little information on the game. There is no video, but there is a screenshot.
We present Bound by Flame to you with the very first screenshot of the game. This action/role-playing game lets you play a mercenary possessed by a flame demon in an ambitious Dark Fantasy universe.
As a victim of this demonic influence, players will have to choose between the powers offered by this evil or to reject the demonic influence, developing heroic talents instead. Dangers, and enemies becoming more terrifying and fearsome in battle, will be temptations to acquire more power by giving up part of the hero's soul to the demon. Progression of the demonic influence will be reflected by the transformation of the hero's body.
Through its different chapters, Bound by Flame will offer many quests around a primary, epic adventure. Depending on the choices made by the player and the influence of the demon, some chapters will offer different scenarios and a different experience, adding important replayability to the game. Real-time battles are impressive and dynamic. If the player begins the game knowing only the basics of combat, fire magic, and assassination, he will be able to specialize by unlocking and improving many skills and powers, through 3 different skill trees.
Bound by Flame lets the players customize their character. During the creation of their hero, players will be able choose their gender and freely alter their facial characteristics. This will of course have an influence on the demon's appearance. Bound by Flame also includes a crafting system, allowing them to create and improve equipment, including their armor and weapons. Several companions will join the player during his quest, and will, depending on the player's actions, develop friendship, romance or rivalry.
Finally, the bestiary of Bound by Flame is rich and spectacular. Today's screenshot introduces you to the terrifying Swamp Beast, but you will get to fight many other impressive creatures: shadow dragons, liches, undead, ice creatures... epic confrontations abound. Which path will the players take? Will they lust after the demon's power and magic to annihilate their foes, or will they favor their combat skills and their bravery?
Bound by is targeted for release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 at the end of 2013.
More information.

No details if it's a mobrespawner or not?

I mean:
Which path will the players take? Will they lust after the demon's power and magic to annihilate their foes, or will they favor their combat skills and their bravery?
I don't want to take either of those paths, I just want to see once cleared areas empty for good.

As they are talking about chapters, Joxer, I don't think you will be around any area long enough to know if there are respawned characters.
A couple things about this news bit excited and bewildered me at the same time. Out this year but this is the first we have heard of it? No video's? I think the screen shot looks okay but I am wondering if they are shooting for another Dragon's Dogma with some open world or more like a guided path like of "Of Orcs and Men"

I wouldn't mind either, not a lot coming especially in the single player variety.

Joxer, not every game can be Gothic, you know. Ya just got get more efficient at slicing and dicing those mobs.

Well I'll say it again it uses the same engine just more improved from Game of Thrones and Of Orcs and Men.

All there games proceed in chapters with various choice and consequences depending on what you choose. You basically follow a path with a few branches in the story. So again for the third time now joxer there wont be any respawns.

I'm looking forward to there next two games but I expect average review scores as usual.

Last edited:
They're really trying to squeeze the most out of that engine aren't they? That's the fourth game in two years or some such thing?

Joxer, not every game can be Gothic, you know. Ya just got get more efficient at slicing and dicing those mobs.

Who said every game has to be Gothic?
Why it couldn't be DrakensangTDE?
Or DA:O?
Or let's go a bit more in the past, or Fallout1/2?

I just want not every game to be Diablo Xth.

This game sounds very good. I will definitely be keeping my eyes on it.

Aw man, the end of 2013 but targetting the (by then) old generation of consoles? Ah well, as long as it's fun I'll get it eventually.

ima fan, so far id buy anything they want me to

Back
Top Bottom