Taiwanese Man Eats Cow Dung In Protest

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
I normally don't post here, but this was too weird to not share. Sometimes living in another country is surreal. The latest 'hot political topic' over here is whether or not Taiwan should start importing American Beef again. There has been a lot of shouting and spitting and calling of names, but this video I'm about to link is too insane.

This is a video of a Tawanese man eating a cow dung hamburger. He thinks that eating American Beef is more poisonous than eating a fresh cow pie.

Here is a report on it, but for some reason it kept playing a video farther down in the list. If you start hearing someone shouting in chinese, just scroll down until you see the video playing and pause it. BTW, that video that keeps playing when I go to that site is of China's National Day on October 1st. Hmmmm, I wonder if China had something to do with that video always playing ;)

IMO, this debate is useless and all about politics. Whether it's because I'm an American or just a foreigner, I think Taiwan needs to figure out pretty damn fast whether they want to be part of China or continue to receive the protection from America. They seem to forget that one of the main reasons China has not invaded Taiwan in all these years is the threat of American Intervention.

Plus, haven't they ever heard of the FDA and how many years has it been since the mad cow scare? Personally, I think they just love Australian and New Zealand beef more :)

Last edited:
bullshit right?

Well, of course Aussie beef is better!! :)

Is it all about mad cow, or is it about genetic engineering, all the antibiotics, growth hormones and steroids our beef contains as well? I know Japan has a big problem with our genetically engineered foods, and a lot of people think our epidemic obesity here is related to all the growth hormones they pile into our cattle and other meat. To me, that might be a reasonable concern, but mad cow is just a not a happening thing atm.

To tell you the truth, I don't really know. I think they just saw how Korea protested and wanted to get in on the action ;)

They first banned American beef when the mad cow scare hit. I remember that because it was the last time I could get chili from Costco (I would kill for some good chili:))

All I know is that DPP and KMT, the two major political parties over here, are having a mini war going on over this. Tons of rhetoric going on. Sorta pisses me off because they've done this before with an arms purchase from America. They really need to figure out whether they want to be our friends or to join up with China. If they want the continued protection from America then they need to stop thinking that we're the evil empire.

In any event, when I saw that clip on the news I almost lost my lunch and thought I'd upset a few stomach over here. :D

I highly agree with that. I'm cool with whatever Taiwan wants to do, personally, and if they want us to 'keep them safe', cool. But if they want to be part of China? Fine with me as well. If they want to get an agreement where they have similar status to Hong Kong then so be it, at least that will be one less issue of contention between us and the PRC.

You know it's just my luck to say that American beef is just fine and then have a news story about how American ground beef may have just killed two people. I thought for sure that the FDA had put all kinds of restrictions and did all kinds of inspections to make sure that mad cow disease of any other horrible disease didn't make it's way into the general public.

Anyways, just read about how ground beef may have been the culprit in two deaths and many other serverly sick.....Damn, there goes the trade agreement.

Back
Top Bottom