Good RPG + Graphics

soul0reaper

Watcher
I've given up trying to find a space sim that suites me so I'm looking for general rpgs to play during my spare time. As the title says I would like the graphics to be amazing as well as gameplay. It can be cartoony and good like torchlight, but nothing too old -.-.
The ones I've played.
FO3
DA:O
Alpha Protocol
ME 1&2
a bit of oblivion but never got into it.
(These are kinda of a stretch of can sorta be rpgs)
Assassins Creed 1&2
BS 1&2

Thats all that I've played so far. I know that an rpg isn't made by the graphics but while I like my 34th replay of Majora's Mask as much as the next guy, I prefer something more easy on the eyes. (and something to do with my graphic cards -.-)

Last edited:
How about drakensang ? or Risen ? IMHO the graphics is quite good, for risen the environment is amazing but the characters are not so good though. Both are really good games though, and not painful for the eyes...

I hope you were joking there. ;)

Definitely try The Witcher EE, and Risen.

What are your PC specs btw?
maybe not 34 times, but you get the idea :p

I've tried witcher, never got into the whole combat system however. Maybe I'll take another look. Risen, never tried that, guess I'll be taking a look there too.
I never got into oblivion much, but nehrim looks pretty nice, time to find those disks again xD.

As for Venetica, hows the gameplay/story? The graphics don't look too good.
Drakensang looks like a poor mans dragon age. If its basically the same, I don't feel like spending money on it :/. I never tried gothic before hows the gameplay for it?

My specs are:
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz , OC'ed @3.8GHz
Memory:
6144MB RAM
Video Card:
ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5850 DirectCu x2 CF'ed
Sound Card:
(Creative SB X-Fi)
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Motherboard:
ASUS P6T (oldie :(

A little over the top for playing rpgs in general, but this was built with Crysis, Metro 2033, and future AAA titles in mind ;) I've also yet to figure out why I bothered with a creative soundcard.

Drakensang definately!

Also Bioshock 2 and Demon's Souls have nice graphics.

I've played both BS 1 and 2. Demon's Souls is a ps3 game as far as I know. Only have a 360. Feel free to suggest things for that too I guess.

Maybe a bit different than the ordinary RPG, but have you tried Borderlands? A cell-shaded FPS RPG with loads of DLCs. I especially enjoyed the split-screen on consoles, and I guess the PC version has co-op as well.

Oh I forgot all about borderlands. I've played that. It was really fun until you play for a bit and realize everything was basically the same. shoot kill shoot kill, pick up another weapon. The game is great on the 1st and 2nd play-through but then quickly become stale. I only launch it once in awhile when my friends and I have nothing to do :/.

Back
Top Bottom