Can you play an MMO without some form of Auction House?

sqdlin

Watcher
http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/2...orm_of_Auction_House-4e133bec88662cb13-1.html

As title says...can you play an MMO that doesn't either have an Auction House/Broker system built into it?

Even a player shop is better than...
I'm literally unable to play Guild Wars and older MMOs that don't have some form of Auction House/Broker/Player shop.

I prefer an AH/Broker system, but even a player shop is much better than sitting in chat and spamming wtb/wts and

seeing 1000 lines of text going by every minute.

For me, I like auction houses, they are a great way to make easy money.

I like AHs, but I can definitely play a game without it. Recently I played EQ1 in a timed progression server (i.e. it started as vanilla EQ1 started back in 1999) and each expansion added every 2 months, so there was no auction house, and I didn't mind it a bit. In fact it was refreshing to see how people auctioned their wares in the 'market' the old fashioned way.
I also liked how SWG did it. You could use the AH but it would add a 'transaction fee', or you could decide to go to the merchant directly and avoid the fee, possibly actually *gasp* talking to a real person and maybe establishing an ongoing trading relationship.

Back
Top Bottom