The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Wow, that's big bucks, but it is an ultra-rare release now... I've got about half the tracks on MP3 from back when Napster was big (and nearly legal).

Titania for me today. I was home with the flu and found this somewhat relaxing.

I didn't get to the auction in time. What was the final price?

I was looking on eBay for that CD "Ambeon" that was talked about a few pages back. $66.00!! I don't think so!!

$53.55 was the winning bid. Given the extreme rarity and the fact that the people that have them generally aren't selling them, that's probably not an unreasonable price, to be honest. OTOH, it's more than I've ever paid and most likely more than I ever would pay.

ok youtube now has an april march song! its horribly uncreative but it took nearly twice as long from start to finish as that roqua clip i did from scratch. also their myspace page doesn't have a song of this excellent ep - instuments of lust and fury.
an april march - lava
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKnPUsGptxk

heres a video i had never seen before but one of my favourite gems i ran across on napster 7 years ago. its skye edwards, previously of morcheeba (who are now 2 talented brothers making disappointing music), and now on an excellent solo career. she's singing with an italian singer Alice in this video. the song is open your eyes, and personifies why i've had a heavy dreamy crush on her for a decade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcWGMitvKfo

Last edited:
So were you the owner of the AAM MySpace page before Danella took it over?

I'll offer up a tune that's a bit skitzo but somehow really draws me in. The opening is trip-hop (which I don't generally care for, but dovetails nicely with CU's Morcheeba reference), the chorus is gazer, and the end is borderline electronica.
"You're Not Safe At All" by Elika

On a side note, is it just me or does Elika's avatar scream Wiz8?

nope, i've never had a myspace page myself, why do you ask?

thanks for that treat dte; a perfect way to start my saturday. i'll have to dive into more of them later as i've never heard of them before!

I haven't bumped into too many AAM fanatics and the MySpace page was certainly maintained with love. The owner graciously stepped aside when Danella asked to have control of the page (probably in exchange for a signed AMM library). Do you have their Bedazzled Singles Sampler?

Have I put up this one before? Could be a good way to end your Saturday, CU.
"Hearts on Fire" by RUMSKIB

I absolutely cannot get "I Can't Decide" by Scissor Sisters out of my head!
It's been stuck there for over a week.

an april march impatiens

hi all, i am listing my only copy of an april march impatiens on ebay in the next day or 2! it will have a No Reserve Start of $24.95. Have a look if you like and Good Luck to all!

$53.55 was the winning bid. Given the extreme rarity and the fact that the people that have them generally aren't selling them, that's probably not an unreasonable price, to be honest. OTOH, it's more than I've ever paid and most likely more than I ever would pay.

hopefully no one bids on it because that's only a few dollars below what my maximum bid would be.

its kind of crazy how an april march cd owner/fan just sprung out of the woodwork

Listening to him in the 70's I remember him as being pretty good as part of that crowd that couldn't sing or play guitar that great but were very effective with what they did (Dylan, Springsteen, Tom Petty, etc).

yes, not a musician's musician, but nice ways with hard rock or a lovesong:

Harvest Moon

@c.u.--teh powar of the interweb :)

Well there you go, CU. It's only money...

I'm spinning Mighty Six Ninety again. Although a few tracks have grown on me, this is still not a world-shaking experience. Very enjoyable, though. I read somewhere that they were called "80's Cure meets the Smiths". Not sure I buy that, but it's as good as any description I've come up with so far.

Have I put up this one before? Could be a good way to end your Saturday, CU.
"Hearts on Fire" by RUMSKIB

Their name means spacecraft in Danish. Their song Springtime has received some airplay here in Denmark. You might like the song Jonah by the Danish band, Amstrong.

I'm currently switching between listening to Yo La Tengo, Stars of the Lid, Radiohead's In Rainbows and Beirut.

The Cramps - I Wanna Get in Your Pants

Good ol twisted Cramps, just gotta love em. They are an excellent (if a bit exhausting) live act as well. I think Ive prolly seen them like 5 times, and every time I'm just totally worn out and wanting them just to get off the stage already!

Back
Top Bottom