Demonicon - Uses Vision Engine

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kalypso sent us the following press release announcing the use of Trinigy's Vision engine (Arcania, Settlers 7, Stronghold 3) for Demonicon:
Germany’s Largest RPG Franchise Uses The Vision Game Engine

Trinigy’s Vision Game Engine to support the development of Kalypso Media’s The Dark Eye: Demonicon and other titles

Eningen, Germany – Apr 5, 2011 – Trinigy, an industry leading 3D game engine provider with offices in Germany, Austin, TX and Seoul, Korea, announced today that the global publisher Kalypso Media has licensed the Vision Game Engine for multiple upcoming titles across a range of platforms, including The Dark Eye: Demonicon for PC and Xbox360®. The Dark Eye title, which is being developed by Noumena Studios, is the latest game in Germany’s most successful role-playing series to date.

Since its launch in 1984, The Dark Eye franchise has become the most successful role-playing video game on the German market, outpacing all other role-playing games in sales. It is also become a highly successful pen and paper game, and the basis for the popular Realms of Arkania video game series. Kalypso Media purchased the IP in 2010, and opened Noumena Studios to develop a title that delivers the rich aesthetics and gameplay features RPG fans want, without sacrificing the very popular and time-proven RPG rules fans love.

Up until 2010, The Dark Eye series and Kalypso Media’s other titles have used internal game engine technology. Kalypso Media has now turned to Trinigy to take advantage of the Vision Game Engine’s mature feature set, cross-platform performance and modular architecture.

“It just made sense for us,” said Stefan Marcinek, Global Managing Director at Kalypso Media when speaking of the Vision Game Engine. “Trinigy and the Vision Game Engine gave us a single development platform with a strong feature set capable of achieving our exacting graphic and gameplay goals, optimized performance across a range of platforms and extremely responsive support. Just as importantly, the Vision Engine doesn’t tie us to a specific workflow – it is so flexible, we can adapt it to our development process with our own internal tools, not matter what platform or genre we are developing for.”

“Having grown up playing The Dark Eye games and the pen and paper versions of this franchise, it is a true joy to be working with Kalypso Media on The Dark Eye: Demonicon, as well as its other upcoming titles,” said Felix Roeken, general manager of Trinigy. “We look forward to supporting their talented teams as they bring their extremely popular games to life, and can’t wait to start seeing the results of our partnership.”

For more information on the Vision Game Engine, visit www.trinigy.net. For more information on Kalypso, visit: http://www.kalypsomedia.com.
More information.

Arcania looks and runs great. No AA is king of annoying though.

Don't know about the Settlers … won't buy it with this … "internet connection needed during playing" … stuff …

The demo of Arcania looked great though … I must admit …

But the REAL surprise is imho very well hidden between the blurb :

“Having grown up playing The Dark Eye games and the pen and paper versions of this franchise, it is a true joy to be working with Kalypso Media on The Dark Eye: Demonicon, as well as its other upcoming titles,”

There are "upcoming titles" ??? Huh ? Do they know more than I do ? :lol:

What's the surprise? That Kalypso is working on more than one title?

Yes.

So far I only knew Demonicon - Satinav's Chains is developed by a different company (Daedalic).

He doesn't say other upcoming DSA titles, just other Kalypso titles. I'm really only mildly interested in Demonicon and not at all interested in anything else Kalypso might be making, but if D is good, then we'll see.

Slightly modified the newsbit. I think Trinigy sent us the PR. ;)

This title hasn't grabbed my attention, but I sure hope Stronghold 3 isn't a piece of garbage. I'll probably get it anyway, even if it is. :p

To me, it's a little bit too dark ... But I'll buy it anyway ... ;)

Here's the news regarding the engine in German language : http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/kalypso-nutzt-vision/303560
The news is partly blocked by kind of an advertisement saying that it is *fully* available only to subscribers ...

I post this, because they file Demonicon there under "xbox360", if you try the link at the right side ...
This would be new to me, if it is right tht Demonicon will be an xbox game, too ...

Back
Top Bottom