The Witcher 2 - Interview @ IGN

That sounds like it was more of an issue with your system than anything. I never heard of CTDs being a widespread problem with any release of The Witcher.

Not really as the whole forum was lit up with complaints about the problem. As kalniel said it was the Aurora engine. CDproject admitted it was problem till they fixed it. Love how bioware engines have memory leaks.

Not really as the whole forum was lit up with complaints about the problem. As kalniel said it was the Aurora engine. CDproject admitted it was problem till they fixed it. Love how bioware engines have memory leaks.

My god, they get the blame for that as well? You guys are funny. NWN didn't have the problem...you think maybe something cdprojekt added could have caused it? No, never that doesn't suport your theories;)

My god, they get the blame for that as well? You guys are funny. NWN didn't have the problem…you think maybe something cdprojekt added could have caused it? No, never that doesn't suport your theories;)

Ah again you comment. Man I swear I just going to ignore your smart ass comments from now on.

Well I would say the English translation was also sort of weak as well. Of course that was improved dramatically in the EE version, along with the load times.
Sure, and the too generic NPC models.. but they aren't what I meant by technical weaknesses ;)

My god, they get the blame for that as well? You guys are funny. NWN didn't have the problem…you think maybe something cdprojekt added could have caused it? No, never that doesn't suport your theories;)

NWN didn't, but NWN2 did, and the version of Aurora for NWN2 was much more similar to The Witcher than NWN's was.

NWN had it's own stability problems (audio, openGL issues etc.), which again, most people don't remember because it ended up receiving so many patches (can't think of many non-MMOs that had as many). There was a memory leak as well, but it wasn't too noticeable until people started trying to run servers for more than a few hours, which was well outside of Bioware's original design goal I think.

And of course the original baldur's gate had quite a few stability problems and some oddities (woops, we added so many quests with TotSC that we can't hold all the quest flags :p)

Back
Top Bottom