Wasteland 2 - Preview @ Invision Game Community

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Invision Game Community share their thoughts on Wasteland 2, based on a preview version.

Wasteland 2 uses a grid based movement system, similar to any tactical game like Final Fantasy Tactics. You select a squad member and then choose where they will move to on the screen, either in plain sight or behind cover, then select if they will shoot, reload or ambush incoming enemies. Each member has a certain amount of Action Points per turn for them to use, which is consumed on any action they take, whether it be moving or shooting.

While the game does give you 4 starter members you can acquire more side NPCs to join your squad who have a tendency to do what they want in battle. It is said you can have up to 3 NPCs join you, equalling 7 Squad members at a time, and having that amount of people to back you up can be very welcoming in the later stages of the game, especially when they are above your level.

There is still the conservative feel in this game as when I was playing I was constantly checking my ammo supplies and stocking up when I reached a town as there is little ammo in the field and some ammo types are quite expensive from vendors. Though the further you get into the game the more money you save up so it feels easier in that side of things, but with the addition of armour and new guns and even upgrades you will feel the Scrap Sack get lighter.
More information.

Being in an early stage of development there is bound to be issues and bugs with the game...
Early stage? Isn't it supposed to be released at the end of August?

Back
Top Bottom