Quantcast
The SWTOR thread - Page 7 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » The SWTOR thread

Default The SWTOR thread

February 7th, 2016, 12:11
The current SWTOR "story progression" : http://dreamingeisha.deviantart.com/…ints-418077574
The graphic ends with KOTFE, currently.
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 10th, 2016, 23:37
Uh ?
or
Huh ?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp…7&postcount=87
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 11th, 2016, 00:00
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Uh ?
or
Huh ?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp…7&postcount=87
Standard practice with online game with subs. A company as the right to refuse to service a (ex)customer if they don't owe them anything.
--
The reapers ceased being robot Cthulhu's when Star child nuked the plot from orbit ~ Steel on Neogaf

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

February 11th, 2016, 19:25
Okay, that's one of the reasons why they turn gaming into a service : Not to owe people anything … But milk them while they can …

I can see a similar thing perhaps becoming true for Microsoft's "OS as a service" agenda …
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 25th, 2016, 19:14
Some criticism : http://massivelyop.com/2016/02/23/hy…-cartel-packs/
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 25th, 2016, 19:32
*yawn* Someone is complaining the game they are playing is F2P and it needs to make money.
--
The reapers ceased being robot Cthulhu's when Star child nuked the plot from orbit ~ Steel on Neogaf

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

February 26th, 2016, 20:51
Well, the current Cartel Packs *are* lacking "something" … The older packs were all so much more fun !

In my opinion, personally, it shows the clear influence of Cynga err Zynga. I can almost smell their "fun pain" in these new packs !

Others say, the game becomes more & more a game made by Mythic - who seem to have replaced all or nearly all of the older Bioware staff of SWTOR … At least they guess / assume so. They say that this game becomes more & more like Warhammer Online.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 26th, 2016, 21:15
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Others say, the game becomes more & more a game made by Mythic - who seem to have replaced all or nearly all of the older Bioware staff of SWTOR At least they guess / assume so. They say that this game becomes more & more like Warhammer Online.
I saw some comments about that and I'm wondering where it is coming from. I haven't heard about a max exodus from BioWare devs in Austin (they just got Draw Karpyshyn back a few months ago too) and on top of it WAR was F2P for its last few days of existence only. It was also a PvP oriented game, SWTOR still seems firmly focused on PvE story stuff so far.
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

February 27th, 2016, 09:42
It seems that PvP is handled by several Mythic devs now - but I can't proveit right now.
From this, people often draw a line to the rest of SWTOR.
But apart from that,. there indeed left several Bioware employeed to ME:A.
For example the Operations designer, as far as I've heard.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Yesterday, 19:21
It's this time of the year. No not Christmas, but May the 4th.

It's also the time of the year where I feel compelled to play SWTOR again. Watching Star Wars The Force Awaken might have had something to do with that too.

Now the question is do I continue my Consular I left back in Feb or make a new character. hmm.
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Today, 20:15
There'll be a tiny astromech pet if you log in between … yesterday ? and May 4th.

Me, I'm not able to play within the week anymore : The weather - typical ever-changing April weather here - is driving me nuts so much so much that I can do not much more than relax and sleep after work … Hoping for much more stable weather …
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » The SWTOR thread