GOG Games - Big Fall Sale

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Big Fall sale on Good Old Games has started and will last for 11 days, with 350+ daily bundles with up to 90% discount. This is your chance to make your backlog even bigger than it already was.

350+ daily deals and bundles up to -90%. Free games to unlock. Fuzzy squirrel on the front page.

Ah yes. Fall. A time of gold and scarlet, overcoats, and increasingly cozy afternoons. A fine time to start stocking up for the winter. A fine time for a gaming sale indeed… So welcome to the Big Fall Sale - 11 days of new daily deals every 12 hours, a new set of bundles every 24 hours and free games to unlock. The floodgates swing open for launch with the first 24 hours of over 350 deals on classics, new releases, and even bundles - all up to 90% off. The first batch of bundles features: Bethesda titles up to 66% off (including The Elder Scrolls and Fallout classics) and the ultimate Interplay Collection at 90% off. You can also Build Your Own Bundle full of Daedalic Adventures including Blackguards 2 and more - here, your discount will increase as you select more games - pick 5 or more to get the full 85% off your purchase! (Or get 80% off 4 games, 75% off 3 games, and so on.)While you're here, grab a few extra games for free by doing your thing and shopping around. The more you spend, the more you'll get back, so when your total spendings exceed $5, $15, and $30, you'll unlock a new game for FREE. They're pretty good ones too:--System Shock 2 - free for everyone who spends at least $5.--The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - free for everyone who spends at least $15.--Banished - free for everyone who spends at least $30.Pet the squirrel, grab your nuts, stock up for winter, and stay cozy out there - the Big Fall Sale is here with 11 days of discounted gaming joy, new deals every day, free games to collect, and plenty of reasons to keep coming back! The sale will last until November 15, 1:59 PM GMT.Stream watch:You’re sure to see tons of discounted games played by our enthusiastic #StreamTeam over at Twitch.tv/GOGcom - be sure to follow us to know when we go live or check out our streaming schedule (via teampup)!
More information.

Just peeked and see Grimrock2 75% off… And I bought it IIRC either for full price or some 10% if existed new release discount.
And still didn't play it. Not enough time for everything.

Maybe I should really stop buying games before I actually get a proper moment to play them. Easy to say, but… Not that easy to do. The flood of new releases is killing me. Never had a backlog this big. :(

Grabbed Crusader Kings 1, even though I already have it. Could not resist. Just looking at the screenshots made me want to reinstall it.
The rest of the stuff, meh. The stuff I am interested in either isn't on sale, or has been on sale before and therefor already in my library.

EDIT: I unlocked a code for System Shock 2, it seems. I already have it. If anyone wants it, it's yours.
EDIT2: Key's gone.

Last edited:
I hope I can finally buy the X-wing series at a good discount.

Yeah, I really don't see anything there on sale I want that I don't already have. I'd need a controller to play the x-wing series, properly, right? When the goldbox games go on sale, I'll probably jump. :)

Maybe I should really stop buying games before I actually get a proper moment to play them. Easy to say, but… Not that easy to do. The flood of new releases is killing me. Never had a backlog this big. :(

+1

I justify it to myself by rarely buying anything for more that $10, usually much less.

-kaos

Yeah, I really don't see anything there on sale I want that I don't already have. I'd need a controller to play the x-wing series, properly, right? When the goldbox games go on sale, I'll probably jump. :)

A joystick for a better experience I think.

I'm really confused

If they are going to announce a sale they should link to some examples. I don't want to be searching.

Don't get me wrong, I love they are on sale. I just want some idea of what to look for.

Excellent sale! Nothing I am interested in yet, but I always love these sales (which I think is why I can't find anything yet ... ;) )

Depths of Peril, Din's Curse, and Drox Operative are all 75% off or more currently. :)

I'm really confused

If they are going to announce a sale they should link to some examples. I don't want to be searching.

Don't get me wrong, I love they are on sale. I just want some idea of what to look for.

Maybe check their front/home page at www.gog.com, where it shows you all the "thingymabobs". I'm trying really hard not to be sarcastic here, finding this isn't hard or complex or time-consuming.

On their homepage they not only show you the sales but even let you click to filters for things like quote "Roleplay", "Adventure", "Action" etc game types. There is also an ever present list for "Popular", "New", "Up Comming" and get this "On Sale".

Said homepage also has a link that will show you everything that's currently on sale
http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&price=discounted&page=1
Though that won't show you bundle deals which are, again as a reminder, on the illusive homepage, top and center.

I know many people expect to be spoonfed, but for heavens sake what more could one expect them to do short of physically coming to your house to recite this verbally.

For heavens sake man, it's all right there on a single webpage, their homepage. This could not be easier if they made an instructional video which would be 5 seconds long with someone demonstrating how to type "gog.com"

I've spent most of last night and most of this morning researching various titles that are on sale. Of those that interest me I'm quite tempted by Paper Sorcerer, Lords of Xulima, Blackguards, Pillars of Eternity. Of those, both Blackguards and Pillars are still over $25 for a single game purchase (excluding buying lots of games for extra discounts). Still very tempting though, especially as you can get Blackguards +4 random games for $15 by going the bundling route. Xulima for $7.50 is a very good price and PS is basically a freeby. I'm still umming and arring though, mainly because I don't know what's coming tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day as I'm currently in the market for just one game, but a game I'll definitely like rather than four or five I'm not 100% about.

I'm not 100% about any of the 4 games I mentioned. What I did have fun doing though was discovering just how bad a game Inquisitor was. I managed to completely miss this when it was released and I'm reading all the reviews and watching all the gameplay vids for the first time. It's, like, so close to being a great game in almost all areas but manages to completely bungle every aspect in the most bizarre ways. Much comedy.

Do the games on sale at the moment continue being on sale throughout the sale or do they all change every 24 hours? Can I add things to my basket during the sale, keeping them at the sale price and decide on the last day or are we forced to make decisions on the day?

@lackblogger: of the games you mentioned, I got the most fun from Lords of Xulima.
Just a neat little game.

I know that I'll be playing Fallout 4 for the foreseeable future, so I'm not even looking at the GOG sale this time. I'll wait for the winter sale or the spring sale. I played Skyrim almost 4 months before loading up anything else. Played 2 months vanilla and then another 2 messing with mods.

I will pick up all the gold box games at some point, but I'm in no hurry.

Drat. I caved in and grabbed the EE version of BG and BG2, despite owning them on Steam. :embarrassed:
I have a problem, somebody help me.

@nut - I've missed my chance now anyway, it seems the daily deals just end and Xulima isn't on offer any longer. The Bundles, however, stay and just get added to each day, so I've got all week to think about Blackguards.

Back
Top Bottom