Mafia 2

The older one becomes, the more demanding one becomes ?

Ehm?

I'm talking about the young generation, which will embrace gaming as a legitimate passtime, without worrying about losing the attention of girls.

Many of these will become enthusiastic about gaming, because as we all know - gaming is incredibly engaging.

In the past, that wasn't really an option for the majority. The majority prefer the pussy over everything. The nerds, well, they were kinda stuck being nerds.

In the near future, it will be different.

Can't be that hard to grasp, really.

Enthusiasts are more demanding, by nature of the concept.

Last edited:
So the whole 3D thing doesn't count?
You're not an easy man to please are you? ;)

3D thing?

Can you say pathetic gimmick? ;)

In terms of the entertainment industry, I'm relatively hard to please - but hardly anyone is trying ;)

The mainstream is easy to please, though, which is fortunate if your motivation is greed.

I'm falling in love with 3D as soon as it does NOT require goggles. We already saw the 3D in 80s, it didn't work. No point to do it again if the technology hasn't improved.

How did you liked the gameplay of the demo? Was there missing some aspect that you loved in 1st or is it even better and why?

I'm falling in love with 3D as soon as it does NOT require goggles. We already saw the 3D in 80s, it didn't work. No point to do it again if the technology hasn't improved.
But it HAS improved. It actually works now. No more strange coloured glasses that makes everything look weird rather than in 3D.

How did you liked the gameplay of the demo? Was there missing some aspect that you loved in 1st or is it even better and why?
I thought I should give it try at least.

The story and characters are, as would be expected, very typical of the Godfather style portrayal of the italian mob, including the accent and the horrible moronic jargon. However, the gameplay seems to very nicely done. The cover mechanics felt very fluid and the warehouse shootout gave a good impression.

In fact, it seems like a really cool game. So much so that I decided to give the original Mafia a go (I've had standing on my shelf for ages). Unfortunately I just couldn't make myself play for more than a couple of hours. Not, as I would have thought, because of the mob theme but simply because the game hasn't aged as well as I had hoped. The graphics I can live with but the car handling and the TPS shooting sequences simply wasn't good enough in this day and age. Had I played it when it came out, it might have been alright, but not anymore, not without a "Nostalgia Blindfold".

However, I just might give Mafia 2 a chance if the rest of the game is on par with the demo.

After playing the game for first four chapters, I really like it. It feels like "Mafia".

Though there are couple of things that I miss. One is "Lucas Bertone", there is no such person here with side quests. Other small details that are missing are clutch and public transportation. And the pacing feel too fast for me, but I guess it comes with current status of the games. There is no longer room for slow start and free roaming and sidequests. But still the gaming is fun, both combat and driving. And the characters are acted very well and story keeps you interested all the time.

But it HAS improved. It actually works now. No more strange coloured glasses that makes everything look weird rather than in 3D.

Now this is what I meant: Toshiba Making Passes at 3D TV Without Glasses

3D-TV-No-Glasses.jpg

Back
Top Bottom