The TV Series discussion thread

Watched the first 3 episodes of Daredevil. Episode 2 was very enjoyable and the fight scenes are very realistic. Highly recommended so far. My only complaint is that the Kingpin was so large in the comics that he just does not have that size in the series.

Looking forward to watching all 13 episodes.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Daredevil. Episode 2 was very enjoyable and the fight scenes are very realistic. Highly recommended so far. My only complaint is that the Kingpin was so large in the comics that he just does not have that size in the series.

Looking forward to watching all 13 episodes.

Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes too, enjoying the show. Since I don't read comics and didn't even know anything Daredevil related except Ben Affleck's movie, I have no complaints.

Enjoyed the whole series. Finding an actor as obese as Kingpin was in the comics might have been a problem and 'fat suits' just look silly.

I like Daredevil, it is actually very similar to Arrow (First season)

I think:
Night avenger Arrow > Night Avenger Daredevil
Daredevil's evil guy Fisk > Arrow's evil guy Malcolm
Arrow Sidekicks (Diggle/Felicity) > Daredevils (Foggy & Karen)
Fight Chorography --- Daredevil > Arrow
(but once again Arrow more convincing - Daredevil just overpowers everybody and it just makes the fight scenes seem staged instead of a battle over life and death)

Daredevil thus far has no super villain of the week, Arrow is full of them and it makes Arrow less interesting to me.

Oliver's (Arrow) back story is so interesting it could make for a series by itself. Matthew Murdocks (Daredevil) back story is just backstory and is actually pretty much the same as 60s tv show Longstreet, that had Bruce Lee as the Martial arts instructor. I got a great kick out of Scott Glen being the Daredevil's martial arts instructor. He was in a great, but little known Martial Arts movie called "The Challenge." If you know the story of that movie, it is supremely ironic that Glen ends up a master in this series.

Kind of interesting that Dc's Arrow was super violent when he started out killing many criminals for almost the full first season before turning a new leaf. Marvel's Daredevil has taken the DC Superman route and has vowed not to kill.

Daredevil also has another fascinating character. Fisk's girlfriend.

I have went through 9 episodes and will definitely finish the series either tomorrow or Monday. Can't say if I will commit to season 2, but I will finish season 1.

We are through six episodes of Daredevil now, and only liking it more with every episode. The fight choreography is really good, to me seems quite realistic, or as realistic as tv/movies tend to get.

After almost giving up on Penny Dreadful because of the awful introduction sequence, my GF and I are surprisingly engaged after 2 episodes. Some very interesting stuff going on. Now it's time to see if it holds up :)

We finished with Daredevil, it was very good. A few episodes meandered a bit near the end, but nothing compared to network tv. Heck, I don't think they even wasted a moment with sex or stuff, if it wasn't action on the screen it was dialogue. I'll be waiting for the other Marvel products to hit Netflix in the future, and I'll be hoping that, at some point, maybe the Agents of Shield either move there or acquire some of their writers. Daredevil > Agents!

Finished episode 5 of Penny Dreadful - and it gets better and better. What a nice surprise. If they can keep up the quality and find a nice resolution, this could become an all-time favorite of mine.

GoT last night. They are really morphing the story further from the books, leaving out large chunks of the story, while accelerating the pace far faster than George can write. Still was intriguing. The part with Sansa annoyed me though from its divergence from the book.

Finished episode 5 of Penny Dreadful - and it gets better and better. What a nice surprise. If they can keep up the quality and find a nice resolution, this could become an all-time favorite of mine.

This is good? I have been looking for a new show to burn through. I was looking at today which is sort of funny. I will give it a shot.

This is good? I have been looking for a new show to burn through. I was looking at today which is sort of funny. I will give it a shot.

I didn't get past the first episode, which I thought was rubbish. Perhaps it gets better.

I am out of shows that I want to watch...I will give it a shot. If it doesn't pan out after a couple episodes I might give the show "the last man on earth"

I'm enjoying the final episodes of viking a lot (of s02). There is some serious intrigue brewing.

Depends on what you like, doesn't it? :)

As I said, I almost didn't watch it because of the first episode. Then things started happening that appealed to me.

It's an extremely dark show, and it's also a bit too manipulative for my tastes - but other than that, I think it's really great.

The writing, characters and the actors are all great. Well, except for the actor portraying Dorian Gray - which I think lacks the necessary gravitas for the role.

The last episode was sort of a letdown, but not in a big way.

It's a show that's almost entirely about the writing and atmosphere. The plot seems like an excuse to have these people speak and go through endless trials of hardship. But I like that violence and sexual content is toned down compared to the modern trends - whilst still very much being part of an adult show.

The best thing I've seen since the first seasons of Walking Dead and GoT, I'd say. I hope it doesn't devolve in the same way as those two shows did!

Watched five episodes of Daredevil, and I think it's pretty terrible. GF loves it, though - so I'm in it for the long run, I'm afraid.

I find it to be extremely cliché and full of dull characters with bad acting.

9.2 on IMDB? That's disturbing.

Watched five episodes of Daredevil, and I think it's pretty terrible. GF loves it, though - so I'm in it for the long run, I'm afraid.

I find it to be extremely cliché and full of dull characters with bad acting.

9.2 on IMDB? That's disturbing.

It's good mindless entertainment. I wouldn't give it 9 though.

Of course it's cliché though it's just a remake of a comic book.

Back
Top Bottom