Fallen: A2P Protocol - Kickstarter Now Live

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Fallen: A2P Protocol is a new game on kickstarter from a developer called Red Katana and they are asking for $75,000 to make the game. Here is a short game description.

Turn-based tactical combat and strategy game set in a rich post-apocalyptic world paying homage to classics like X-COM and Fallout.
And I'll throw in the reason why the developer choose to make the game.

We felt there weren’t enough contemporary choices to bring back some of the great nostalgia we felt when playing the original X-COM, Fallout, Shadowrun. So we decided we would create our own, paying homage to some of our favorite titles while innovating and adding some of our own spinto the genre.
So are you interested yet? Discuss the game in the comment section.

More information.

Small hint: Never name your game with anything that looks related to F2P...

Small hint: Never name your game with anything that looks related to F2P…

I didn't even think about that one. I thought it was a spritual successor to a certain spy game...

I liked the video, but SOME gameplay would be nice to get an idea. But since I'm a sucker for tactical turn based I'll pledge now and withdraw laer if I find the updates lacking.

They got me at Turn-based tactical combat .

Good concept art, good particle effects. Looks a little amateurish in execution and the writing & story isn't guaranteed to be exciting, since they are indie, but dear developers, surprise us with an enthralling story!

Could have been a lot worse.

Just peeked and almost instapledged.
Then saw the word: tablets.
Upon closer examination, the fourth screenshot looks like an ordinary iPhone clonegame. I just can't and won't back that.

Limits kill the thrill for me. Sorry.

I agree that the name sucks. The preview picture of the story trailer isn't helping either.

What I personally worried about the most was that it just copies the combat system of XCom:EU which I couldn't stand. I asked in the comments and they game me a very detailed answer:

First of all, thanks for backing! And we totally agree there are not enough tactics and post-apocalyptic games out there! We really hope we can be one option for the gamers to choose and with your help and support we will make it happen.
As for the combat system, we are still iterating and nothing is 100% final. But I can tell you our approach is to have it as more realistic as possible, but also keeping it simple in terms of user interface and decissions. What this means, is for example we are already considering vision, type of weapon, type of bullets, character skill, height, etc. in the aim points, but the user sees a % of aim. On the movement side, is mainly based on User Skills, plus Weather can also affect to have reduced movement if there is a sandstorm going on or extreme heat condition for example. And we are considering solid walls as they really are. So if you are behind a wall with a high cover, and the enemy doesn´t have line of sight to shoot you he won´t be able to fire at you. But if the line of sight allows him to hit you he will. Also we want the "destructible enviroment" to play a role in your tactis. Not only braking covers, also other stuff, and chain reaction explosions, things that can break into pieces and block paths, etc. Our approach is to reflect the feeling of a post-apocalyptic feel, where resources are scarce and you need to your best on what you have, unlike X-COM where you have unlimited ammo. Again, this game is still under development, so nothing final yet, but we love having this discussions and also expect you to get involved in the process of making this game as much as you want!

Also it's worth mentioning that with a 10$ pledge you already get the game.

Just peeked and almost instapledged.
Then saw the word: tablets.
Upon closer examination, the fourth screenshot looks like an ordinary iPhone clonegame. I just can't and won't back that.

Limits kill the thrill for me. Sorry.

Did you know that you can actually play XCom: EU on a tablet?

No I didn't know you can play <insert any game> on a tablet.
Sorry for me being ignorant and for refusing to buy a device that would be pretty much useless to me and an utter waste of cash.

Don't have a tablet either. Neither do I own a console because for me it's a waste of cash. But only because a game is available on Platform XYZ it doesn't mean it can't work well on the PC. Now and then it's working less good as it could (e.g. Skyrim interface) but that doesn't necessarily break the game.

Not sure about the graphics, they look a little too clean or something. Looks pretty cool though.

The game looks fun and the presentation was nice. Also, they asked for a reasonable amount. I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom