Square Enix - Final Fantasy X & X-2 PC Release?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Some new rumors are circulating the internet this week about a possible PC release of Final Fantasy X & X-2. Nothing is verified yet so I'll keep you all updated.

A PC version of Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster has been listed by Amazon.fr. The online shopping website is indicating a release date set for the 25th of March. It also posted Windows 7 and Windows 8 as the supported platforms while mentioning Koch Media as the distributor. The same company partnered with Square Enix in the past for the European releases of Lara Croft And The Temple of Osiris, Murdered: Soul Suspect as well as the two Kingdom Hearts remix collections.
More information.

This would be great news if true. I was hoping these two would show up on PC.

I believe the last few FF games were leaked in the same way - with it showing up on a European store site, so this could end up being a reality.

Good sales for other ported games is probably the main reason, Square realised there is a lot of money to be made with a little effort!

Since PS4 uses same hardware as PC nowadays, porting shouldn't be that difficult.

Too little effort. A little more effort on their ports couldn't hurt.

Very true, at least they added graphic options after people complained.

But no matter how bad the port, it is amazing how bug free the japanese developers manage to release their games on PC.

In dark souls ( which was a horrible port without the mod ) and FF X-III I have yet to encounter a single bug.

There is definetly no bug in FF13 at least till the moment you get the riding chichen.

However, the game is a linear tunnelcrawler with a few decent boss fights, repetitive and annoying neverdying mobs, pathetic crafting system and useless specially animated and timewasting combatmoves called eidolon.
So I just couldn't bare to play more after chapter 11 (apparently that's near the end and there are 13 chaprers).

The port is halfhorrible again with Square Enix idiocy where map is not on M but whatever other key (this can be changed) and Backspace is used instead of ESC (this cannot be changed without 3rdparty keymapper that hacks registry).

The story is not bad, but is not stellar either. At first you're bombarded with thousands of words that mean nothing to you and everyone in the game seems to know everything, yet, just like in Destiny and all those recent crapware, all of them refuse to explain or give details on something and all you can do is to accept to be confused. I'm not saying everything has to be served on the plate right away, but FF13 doesn't do a good job with writing.

There is no way I'll buy another Square Enix FF console port unless someone risks it and says that controls are finally "normal" or at least completely changeable.

There is definetly no bug in FF13 at least till the moment you get the riding chichen.

Riding chicken? Hahahaha, you probably pissed off a lot of FF fans now. :p

Funny, everybody keeps saying that about the story in FF13, that it's hard to follow with all of the big news words and such. Maybe that's because I skimmed the codex, where lots of useless information can be found?

Also, there's nothing wrong with a linear tunnelcrawler, if you like that sort of thing. :)

FF fans were already pissed off when I thumbed the game down on Steam because of controls.
Oh and not just them, I made Neptunia fans angry for the same reason.
It was not hard, all I mentioned was a proper port named Valkyria Chronicles where you don't struggle with controls.

Square Enix doesn't respect the PC audience. There is no way I'll respect them back. They should either make a proper port or don't make it at all.
What they made was just a cashgrab.

Final Fantasy X and X2 were the last Final Fantasy games I really enjoyed. Then they started twitcherizing them more and more until the new upcoming one is officially an action RPG *vomits*.

"action RPG"? I thought it's MMO?

"action RPG"? I thought it's MMO?

FF 15? I think you're thinking of FF 14. 15 comes out in a year or so and it's an action RPG with very good graphics and cutscenes from what I've seen, but one I won't be playing.

Well, I'll buy it and play it for sure, I love beautiful CG, but I don't expect much from the gameplay.

I'm hoping it'll be a good one. I don't usually go for JRPGs, but when there's a really good one, they're among my favourites.

It was not hard, all I mentioned was a proper port named Valkyria Chronicles where you don't struggle with controls.

I wouldn't play neither Valkyria Chronicles nor Final Fantasy XIII with keyboard/mouse in any case, regardless of the platform. Controllers on PC m4st4h race!!

Your funeral. :D

Just try VC without a controller, won't hurt. You'll definetly say hell was this game really made initially for controllers and not the mouse? Yes, the port is that good.

They've been kind of action RPG's for years. (Active time battle) Just look at FF6 (3 US) one of the characters has Street Fighter 2 style special moves!

Daniel.

10 was good stuff. There's a terribly cheesy teenage romance plot going on but its nothing a few Tums can't pull you through. Honestly, I wish I had stopped after playing 10. The ending for it would have worked very well as the ending for all Final Fantasy games.

I never did X-2. Going from this to this? No thanks.

Except for the tank controls, that is. But honestly, you're not going to get many FF fans mad by down-voting 13.

Final Fantasy X is the game that made me abandon that series for good.

I only played it for a few hours, but it was everything I dislike about modern JRPGs. 15-20 minutes of gameplay followed by a 5-10 minute long cutscene repeated Ad nauseam. No thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom