Lockpicking Vehicles?

Grifman

Sentinel
Sometime when I approach a vehicle it says something "Lock level 3, probability of opening 30%". What does that mean? I've never not been able to enter a vehicle or pull the tire out of it. Is there stuff in there I can access? If so, how? Thanks.

Sometime when I approach a vehicle it says something "Lock level 3, probability of opening 30%". What does that mean? I've never not been able to enter a vehicle or pull the tire out of it.

That's a bug of the 1.0 version which is fixed by the official 1.1 patch.

That's a bug of the 1.0 version which is fixed by the official 1.1 patch.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I'm using your 1.3 unofficial patch which says that it's been merged with the official 1.1 patch. So this should be fixed. Is there some way I can make sure I have that installed?

And thanks for answering all my questions! Much appreciated.

EDIT: Actually I know I have your 1.3 patch installed because I had English voiceovers with the cutscenes after installing the Russian language mod/fix. So it appears that this is not working correctly in the 1.3 version.

Last edited:
You shouldn't confuse official patch with unofficial one. Only official one changes executables and dll files, while unofficial can be applied either on 1.0 or 1.1.

You shouldn't confuse official patch with unofficial one. Only official one changes executables and dll files, while unofficial can be applied either on 1.0 or 1.1.

I'm not, I'm merely going on what the description of the unofficial 1.3 patch says in the link at the top of this page:

Merged with 1.1 patch and enhanced the phrasing, thanks to badmofo.

Of when this says 1.1 it means the 1.1 Russian to English patch and not the 1.1 official patch?

^Maybe it just means that resource file is updated with everything added in 1.1.

It means I took the resource file from the official 1.1 patch, and updated it with the English versions of the strings that Wesp5 and I had restored previously in the 1.0 version of the resource file.

Then Wesp5 re-applied his various fixes, etc.

So the resource file in Wesp5's 1.3 patch should contain all of the official 1.1 patch changes, and all of Wesp5's updates too.

So the resource file in Wesp5's 1.3 patch should contain all of the official 1.1 patch changes, and all of Wesp5's updates too.

Exactly, but the 1.3 patch does not contain the fixed 1.1 executables. You need to install them separately because the copy protection would break the game otherwise.

Exactly, but the 1.3 patch does not contain the fixed 1.1 executables. You need to install them separately because the copy protection would break the game otherwise.

Yes, installing 1.1 then 1.3 fixed this issue for me. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom