Skyrim - Skyrim Map App

•Official world map of Skyrim and all 9 hold capital cities for (free)
•Over 160 interior maps, 350 primary locations, 200 secondary locations and over 1,000 points of interest can be unlocked through in-app purchases
•Toggle points of interest on or off and zoom in on the map as far as 3200%
•Add your own custom points of interest by dropping a pin anywhere on the map
•Fully integrated search function
•Screenshots of all 9 hold capital cities as well as primary and secondary locations
•Easily keep track of what you’ve discovered along the way

If <only> there were a way to get features like this to work in an <actual> videogame...

Apparently it's easier to develop apps for iPhone because it has few different kinds deployments (i.e. hardware/software combinations) and related compatibility issues)?

It seems like a fun app, but I don't think it would be helpful as a reference while playing the game. I have a copy of the Prima Guide which came with a huge map and I haven't referred to it at all as it's more fun to discover locations through exploration.

I checked some of the detailed stats in the Prima Guide about NPCs, creatures and gameplay mechanics when I first started playing, but now I use the Creation Kit to check this type of info.

As for a smartphone map app, perhaps it would be helpful for killing time while waiting at the dentist office or the DMV ;-)

over 1,000 points of interest can be unlocked through in-app purchases

Hmm I wonder what it would cost to have everything unlocked?

Daniel.

Too much and it is sneakily well hidden. You have to download the app to your iPhone before you know what you have to buy to make it fully functional.

Primary locations - $0.99
Seconday locations - $0.99
Dragon mounds + world encounters - $0.99
Captured critters + larceny targets + shadowmarks - $0.99
Dragon claws + dragon masks - $0.99
Followers - $0.99
Marriage prospects - $0.99
Shrines - $0.99
Skill books - $0.99
Traders - $0.99
Trainers - $0.99
Treasure maps + unusual gems - $0.99
Unique items - $0.99
Unique weapons - $0.99
Word walls - $0.99

whew!
Total Cost individually - ~$15
Purchase all option - $9.99

Not sure if it's worth it... You can get the same information in the printed guide book for ~$16 on Amazon, which includes a huge annotated map, indices, and lots of other goodies beyond the map. And it is printed. Did I say it's printed? ;)

Everytime you run the app it has to extract the map data, which takes about a minute. Not very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom