Gamespy is down for Neverwinter Nights

Chaozrulez

Keep'em rollin'
Since Gamespy is down for NWN, all Persistent Worlds are no longer on the Multiplayer server list and can now only be accessed through direct connect.
If you are fond of NWN (and play on a server like me) and would like to see the list returned, please fill in the petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/re-instate-the-master-server-for-nwn-and-the-gamespy-service
Couldn't be a coincidence that Gamespy decided to terminate this one month before NWN Online goes into beta?:(

The online game is just Neverwinter. There is no Night in the title.

Anyhow, it's not a coincidence with Neverwinter going into beta, because they closed down multiple games server support at the same time.
And it all happened after they were purchased by Glu.

That's just crazy- I checked and Daggerdale which uses Gamespy is still up. Seems to be a lot more traffic for NW1 and NW2 than that piece of crap.
I wonder if they will shut the online magazine down also.

That's just crazy- I checked and Daggerdale which uses Gamespy is still up. Seems to be a lot more traffic for NW1 and NW2 than that piece of crap.
I wonder if they will shut the online magazine down also.

It is not a matter of amount of users playing that is the key here, but rather that no company was willing to pay GLU for keeping the matchmaking for NWN up & running.

Rebellion made a comment on the whole GameSpy/GLU debacle a while ago. Basically when GLU purchased GS they promised that they would keep things up & running, and also sad that they planned to do some more things with GS.
Then all of the sudden GLU pulled support from a lot of games, without first talking to the games owners. When Rebellion contacted them, they said that they wanted a lot of money (tens of thousands of £/year) in order to keep hosting the games' matchmaking. GLU also never bothered with doing what they said that they planed to do, and did not inform the game developers that they apparently had been in contact with beforehand regarding this.
Also, want to know how much GLU cares about GS? So much that they have not even bothered setting up a support mail address and if you contact their regular support they say that they won't answer questions regarding GS.

It is possible that GLU were just after some patents/technology associated with GS, and never really had any plans to keep the service up & running (that is at least my personal theory).

NWN2 had a pretty good Baldur's Gate PW up it looked like. Too bad. End of yet another era. And yet Ultima Online still goes on.

I wonder if this means Civ4 is down now too?

You can probably still connect to that server, you just have to use direct connect instead of selecting it in the Multiplayer-PW Action-Server list.

You can still play all the nwn games online. Download the user created tools and connect to the server. It's not hard to do.

Just takes a little more time and energy.

Back
Top Bottom