Witcher 3 1Million preorders!

The Witcher 3
Great news, also The Witcher 3 is available for pre-load on GOG, via GOG Galaxy. Apparently it was available via web also, or through their Downloader, but they took it down (from talks on the official forums, I understand the kit on the web was aprox 22 gigs, while the kit on GOG Galaxy is 26 gigs large, so that might be the issue)

so i'm definitely buying it, but probably during christmas. i expect it to depreciate faster than a ford tempo. oh, and the enhanced super duper edition should be done by then too.

Thanks for the news, Aries100 !!!

Now with the review embargo lifted, let's see if the major gaming web sites will speak (BEFORE the official game release date) about that damn downgrading process the game apparently underwent !!!

Henrique

Last edited:
I'm surprised they got 1 million pre-orders, the previous 2 games took months to reach that number...and sequel tend to sell less nor more.

Except lots and lots of "This isn't Skyrim 2" complains...

I was planning on getting it, but not for a couple months at least. I knew I was going to need a new video card and found that there was a package deal to get Witcher 3 with an nvidia card so ended up ordering that. I wonder if deals like that are part of the preorders? Probably such a small number that it doesn't matter anyway.

The number doesn't really surprise me though. The marketing campaign of the game (at least in the US) is an enormous increase above the last game. I never saw TV commercials for it, and there are a lot more signs at stores I've passed (like Gamestop) for the console version.

I was surprised at the number too. I rarely preorder games, unless you count the ultimate preorder - Kickstarter. I did order TW3 from GOG though and will probably download it tonight when I am not using the PC.

At first Galaxy said it still wasn't available, so I went to the webpage and it said it was (21 GB). I restarted Galaxy and it is listed as available to download now.

Impressive, I have too many games to play already. Will probably get it in a year or two for £5.

Daniel.

I'm surprised they got 1 million pre-orders, the previous 2 games took months to reach that number…and sequel tend to sell less nor more.

You are surprised? TW1 was an obscure game made by an obscured company from an obscured country. Not that many people heard about it or played it. TW2 was more popular but TW3 is the first CDPR's product with marketing budget aimed at worldwide audience. In another 8 days we will know if TW3 is anywhere close to the hype...

You are surprised? TW1 was an obscure game made by an obscured company from an obscured country. Not that many people heard about it or played it. TW2 was more popular but TW3 is the first CDPR's product with marketing budget aimed at worldwide audience. In another 8 days we will know if TW3 is anywhere close to the hype…

The Witcher 2 had a similar marketing. It was everywhere before release and hyped like crazy (by the graphics). The only difference is the simultaneous console release.

And like I said, TW3 is a sequel and they typically sell less (because not everyone liked the previous games and because starting at #3 of a trilogy is usually the best way to get confused).

Can't agree about marketing with azarhal.
TW3 had Killing Monsters, Platige's minigem months before it's release. TW2 got it's Platige's minigem story months after the release, only when xbox version was announced.

The Witcher 2 had a similar marketing. It was everywhere before release and hyped like crazy (by the graphics). The only difference is the simultaneous console release.

Nowhere near azarhal. CDPR spend more on marketing TW3 than on the production and marketing of TW2. They also have opened their US office to mastermind marketing campaign there

I decided to buy my copy on Steam - as all my games are there now. Because Steam version is steam-exclusive I don`t expect to get -75% deals anytime soon. As for owner of both previous Witchers my price was lowered to 43.99 EUR. Not so bad discount (full 59.99). Sadly I will have to pay additional 24 EUR for season pass while DRM free versions will get all DLC for free (or so I`ve heard). So imho if someone plans to buy and play on Steam now is a good moment.
And I must add that I had great time with Witcher 1. Especially fully upgraded version. Game is of course smaller but nevertheless has great story and brings up what`s best in Witcher books.

Sadly I will have to pay additional 24 EUR for season pass while DRM free versions will get all DLC for free (or so I`ve heard).
Season pass is not free on any platform.
There is a bunch of 16 free DLC, and those you'll get for free on all platforms.

so i'm definitely buying it, but probably during christmas. i expect it to depreciate faster than a ford tempo. oh, and the enhanced super duper edition should be done by then too.

I'd like to share your optimism as I will also be waiting for the Enhanced Edition but I don't think it will be that soon.
I could imagine the original game selling for $30 - $39 during this year's xmas sale and the first expansion should also come out around that time (it's announced for October but add a small delay as usual and it will probably ship in November/December).
The second expansion is supposed to be released in Q1/2016. Add a small delay and it might be April/May 2016...
My guess is they won't do an Enhanced Edition before both expansions are released so probably mid 2016 at the very earliest, but probably more like holiday 2016 to be able to sell the base game and the expansions (or the pass) separately for as long as possible.

Not if it sells well. Skyrim held up it's price for a long, long time due to brisk sales. Besides, you're a captain. Surely you can afford a $60 game?

I decided to buy my copy on Steam - as all my games are there now. Because Steam version is steam-exclusive I don`t expect to get -75% deals anytime soon. As for owner of both previous Witchers my price was lowered to 43.99 EUR. Not so bad discount (full 59.99). Sadly I will have to pay additional 24 EUR for season pass while DRM free versions will get all DLC for free (or so I`ve heard). So imho if someone plans to buy and play on Steam now is a good moment.
And I must add that I had great time with Witcher 1. Especially fully upgraded version. Game is of course smaller but nevertheless has great story and brings up what`s best in Witcher books.
Same here. $51 on Steam for owning both previous games.

We need "LOL" or "ROTFL" beside that thumbpup icon!

Back
Top Bottom