The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Extend originally was more useful, with Zeal and Divine Favor both bring short term. Quite frankly, I'm debating it myself, since now I'm basically only extending DF and Displacement.

Quicken is pretty much mandatory for in-combat healing. You can't get a concentration score high enough to cast while taking damage even in eHard, even some eNormals. I remember failing concentration checks out in Gianthold explorer on Mirys. While you can reduce that damage much easier and to a greater degreee now, even with 50% off you're still taking in more than a typical concentration score can cover.

With pots, yeah I think you can safely just nuke your sp bar. I'm a bit more reluctant to spam pots though, so sp efficiency is a higher priority. I also don't have maxed out EDs, and so won't have endless LoH as a twist out of the gate. In fact, I think I have to grind to even access the tree with it. I'm still not certain maximize is necessary, given healing amp levels being what they are. I generally don't need to heal for 1,000hp at a time.

I rolled up a pally and so far I like it. Good dps and the heal and LOH have been great. Granted she is still at the low levels but so far the changes have been good enough to not think about making her a mule. lol

Oh dear, I thought running 3 Pallys was bad enough last week, I can see a day we have 5 or 6!!! :( I do have a level 15 I-Pally I've never run; probably need to respec it.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Got back late last night, sans checked luggage, long story, but otherwise fine.

Noticed that the sale items for this week include:

• 50% off Inventory bags
  • 75% off Morninglord Iconic (fun to play)
  • 35% off Augments & Greater Tomes of Learning

I expect to be here Friday, but TBD. Don't know if hubby wants to do yet.

DDO has been plagued with very bad lag the last couple of days. Most of the time you notice the usual unresponsible handling, but at about 9pm CET (3pm EST) the very bad lag seems to start. The lag is instance related so you can escape the bad instance and play until you get into a new quest or common area with a bad instance.

For 2 days in a row I had to abandon playing for the day. I guess it's the holiday period and when it's prime time for playing in USA the servers can't cope with the load. Let's hope the lag gets back to normal after New Year. By normal I mean just regular bad lag that can mess you up for a minute or so before you can continue.

Still lots of lag issues over the past 2 days. Doubt it will get better before 05JAN and I can't say I've got a lot of confidence even in that.

We did manage to get guild level 100 today.

I believe we're 7 souls tomorrow with Reywind being the only one out. Pretty sure our plan was to run the 10's. If that's so, we're up for Sentinels, which we're running to knock out the 3BC saga. With all the lag delays I'm expecting given a Friday night load, that might be all we're able to complete. If we somehow manage to get past that, we're off to Sorrowdusk.

I'll endeavour to be there, but I thought this week, like last week, was supposed to be an informal one!!

I have both my paladin and cleric at level 10. I might swap to my paladin for the lowbies group since Jm already has a cleric and we have no true melees. Azraelck has a swashbuckler bard and that works well for a melee, but for raids etc. I think another melee would be great. If we have t split groups I could be in the other group from Azraelck. Paladins are pretty much self healing.

I might alternate between my cleric and paladin on the lowbies to not hit the wall too soon.

My paladin needs to do necro 2 (for silver flame favor) so it would be nice if some of us decide to do that. He needs von 1-2 as well before he can take level 11.

Didn't we do Sorrowdusk on our lowbies as the last runs we did? I seem to remember my cleric did them.

For Sentinels I will probably bring my cleric since my paladin will hit the wall with necro 2 + von 1-2. Especially if shadow crypt is done when doing necro 2 at level 10.

There's only 1 necro 2 quest I enjoy doing; the rest are a PITA!! :)

We need to make a list of non-usable instances in DDO. While we all know 2049 and 2050, they're not the only ones bad.

I have 2050 and 2051 listed as bad. We found out 1495 is also bad in our group.

Conversely, 601 turned out good.

We took 11 for those abscent, on the Friday Alts.

Last edited:
Well, I'm afraid it's hard to tell right now, because even the normally good instances are turning into lag fests. Just tried a Deathwyrm (i110 that is apparently normally good), & we aborted on the 2nd light puzzle. We didn't wipe, but most didn't even make it in to the area, the lag was so bad. And that was the second try for the group. We didn't make it thru the 1st light puzzle the first time.

I plan on calling customer service tomorrow & complaining vehemently. Because right now the game is pretty much unplayable past around 3:30pm. I've given up trying tonight, & a lot of others were doing the same.

Whatever it is causing their problems is probably just continuing to get worse. It will be interesting to see if Turbine will acknowledge that they screwed over their player base by doing a whole lot of nothing during a prime gaming week. I get the holiday thing limiting their manpower, but to do nothing over a two week period is asking a lot of patience from their customer base.

Turbine has historically blamed user PC's for lag in most instances. I remember back when U5 hit, it was supposed to fix the lag them. Eladrin was telling people that all remaining lag was due to under powered computers. Even now a lot of times people are told to get a ssd. So I doubt a fix is coming.

Apparently, DDO is currently without a captain at the helm. Athena "Vyvyanne" Peters is now heading up LotRO. What this means for MajMalfunction I don't know, probably got canned, or cut up for spare parts.

*sigh* Seems like both DDO and LotRO are just being milked until they collapse under the weight of WB's incompetent management.

Yeah, I read about all that, but none of it really moved me. I'd MUCH rather have heard that they were working hard to solve the LAG issues!! :)

Yeah, I read about all that, but none of it really moved me. I'd MUCH rather have heard that they were working hard to solve the LAG issues!! :)
If you follow that thread to about page 4, the dev weighs in again, responding to comments. There's quite a bit about working on lag included there. I'll believe it when I see it, but it was encouraging that he admitted there was a problem.

Back
Top Bottom