Amazon Affiliate Program

T

Toff

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join/landing/main.html

Ever thought about using this?

You could advertise a good deal on computer hardware when someone sees one or other related items. I'm guessing people could tip you off when they see something worthwhile and then you post it through the affiliate program.

I have no clue how much they pay but since Steam doesn't have one ....

I believe Newegg has one also.

Seeing an occasional post about this wouldn't bother me at all since theres no advertising and the site isn't free to host.

That's not a bad idea and I was thinking about bringing this up with the staff. Since Google flagged our ads as false malware we don't make any ad money anymore.

Another site I visit called Blue's News also started using the Amazon Affiliate Program, and he reported he has made a decent profit in the first month already.

We had that on RPGDot. Earned 50$ per year or so.

Sounds like a good idea. Might be good to trial it out in addition to the GOG ad.

It's not like we're running five hundred ads, so I don't see it as an issue to have one more temporarily (or even permanently).

If it makes less than 10$ a month after 6 months then it's probably not worth it anymore though.

Seeing as we only made €22 out of GOG though, anything over 2$ a month would be an improvement :D

I think we have enough private donors - we don't need additional income.

I've long since turned adblocker off for the GoG ads (are they coming back btw?), as I care about both sites. But if Amazon got added into the mix, I would turn the blocker back on.

Shouldn't GoG ads will get themselves fixed or get google to fix their false malware reporting?

Having written for numerous sites through the years, I have seen through the site-owner's frustrations that dealing with Google on this stuff ... well, you'd have better luck getting Apple to allow a 3rd party App Store ;)

Why is it that successful software companies seem to have the worst customer/community communication and relations? They are so smug and rude. The idea of the superior narrow-minded programmer, when I interviewed with Microsoft back in the day, comes to mind. Yuck!

Wow, that is a bit too much of Amazon on one page in my opinion.

I won't interfere, except to say that it looks positively awful and extremely intrusive.

Not saying it would be much of a loss, but I'd probably stay away if something like that happened to this site.

Maybe we should add a donation box to the front-page instead of just the link. Seems we can't win if the site does something different, and it seems we can't use GOG ads.

As Myrthos said in a past post the site is good for this year, but what about next year?:thinking:

Maybe we should add a donation box to the front-page instead of just the link. Seems we can't win if the site does something different, and it seems we can't use GOG ads.

As Myrthos said in a past post the site is good for this year, but what about next year?:thinking:

I won't mind donating a bit ;)

I will put the GOG ads up in a few weeks. It served us OK combined with the donations. We have no intention to make a living out of this, so our cost are low enough.

I will put the GOG ads up in a few weeks. It served us OK combined with the donations. .
I'm happy to hear that. I still think a donation box is a good idea

Back
Top Bottom