Diablo 3 - Sells 10 Million Copies

Yes, in a discussion about Skyrim sales, I made a single post that referenced market share, which I corrected in my very next post. Clearly the entire discussion was about market share.

That's not what I said. I said "since" your statement (post #30), the discussion was "primarily" about digital vs retail.

You also didn't correct anything in your next post. Rather than admit you were wrong, you just acted like you had originally said something slightly different.

As for digital copies though, the current market percentage for computer games is about 75% retail, 25% digital. So based on 2.3 million retail copies, we can estimate that when you add digital copies, the total sales numbers will be 3 million.

Edit: From doing more research, my guess is that we are both right in a way. For companies that sell their games both online and in stores, it appears that about 75% of their sales are digital. However when looking at the market as a whole, there are more digital sales then physical sales, because a great many of the PC games sold online are not also being sold at retail stores.

I thought you were done with this discussion and that "There's no reason to drag out a redundant debate." Surely your not posting again just to be argumentative, because we know you would NEVER do that :).

Anyway as fun as it has been to watching you derail the conversation from a discussion of how Diablo's sales compare those of Skyrim and other games, to attacks against me, and a discussion of whether or not, in your opinion, my post really did correct my previous statement (because we all know how important to the topic that is), I'm going to do what you couldn't do, and and actually stop derailing the thread with pointless arguments with you. Feel free to get your parting shot in, because all know important that last word is.

That's not what I said. I said "since" your statement (post #30), the discussion was "primarily" about digital vs retail.

You also didn't correct anything in your next post. Rather than admit you were wrong, you just acted like you had originally said something slightly different.

I'm going to do what you couldn't do, and and actually stop derailing the thread with pointless arguments with you. Feel free to get your parting shot in, because all know important that last word is..

Translation = I got caught red-faced, so now I'm just going to lash out while pretending you're the bad guy.

It's sad that you chose to turn this into a direct personal attack in the end, and even more pathetic for you to pretend that you were some kind of victim.

All I did was point something out, and you obviously didn't like it. But rather than admit you were wrong, you dug yourself in deeper with semantics and ended up looking foolish. Maybe you'll actually learn something from this.

Back
Top Bottom