Kingdom Come - $2 Million Goal Reached

Its not like that. There are three classes to choose from (bard, thief, warrior) and each one should have distinct gameplay.

I haven't been following KC very closely but I think this is the first I've heard that that there are classes to choose from. From the original KS pitch I got the impression that you are always a warrior (e.g., a squire / knight-in-training). I'm very curious as to how playing a bard will work in a game without magic / fantasy elements:

You're walking down a road at night and a bandit steps out of the shadows with a crossbow aimed at you and demands all of your money. Instead you pull out your trusty lute and proceed to calm him with an epic ballad. He fires his crossbow and the bolt pierces your skull, killing you instantly. Game over. :)

But after no publisher signed them, they made a deal with their investor that if they manage to suceed on kickstarter, he will fund the development of Act 1 (which is by itself bigger than most other games anyway, and has selfcontained story for the most part) and depending on its success (or lack thereof), the next two Acts will be funded (or not).

If this investor is funding the development, then what is the 2 Million from the crowdfunding campaign being used for?

If this investor is funding the development, then what is the 2 Million from the crowdfunding campaign being used for?
This is old news and the information was given out during the kickstarter.

Link - http://pledge.kingdomcomerpg.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/stretch-goals

4b8fec27def5f115cd09f3c33510155c_large.png

Simply put the private investor wanted to know if gamers were interested, and it seems they are. This is no different than what Larian did with their own money.

The only difference is this game cost more.:)

Guess I'm one of the few on here that thinks this game has staggering potential. Bring on the codex!

I'm right there with ya. I'm rather hyped for this one, though cautiously so... I feel they're aiming quite high... maybe too high...

One could also say that plausibility and relatability makes it more immersive.

Agree completely. I get much more immersed in a "lower" fantasy setting (like Gothic), then a high fantasy setting a la Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age.

As such, I feel like this game could be a very nice change from all those generic fantasy worlds!

Those better be some damn good voiceovers. :)

Good voiceovers can definitely help with the immersion factor. I just hope we don't end up like in Oblivion where it seemed like there were a handful of voice actors that were used over and over and over. :-/

Back
Top Bottom