Hero-U - New Kickstarter Launched

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As announced last week, the new Kickstarter for Hero-U has launched today. At this moment it has already reached a fifth of its $100K goal.

In November of 2012, we raised over $400,000 through Kickstarter toward the development of a top-down "rogue-like game with story" based on a previous project developed by our lead programmer. However, as we started to get feedback from our backers, we realized that the majority of them wanted a game more like Quest for Glory, the award-winning game series that Lori and I developed in the 1990s.

Hero-U has evolved into a much larger and more expensive project. While it is taking much longer than we originally planned, the result will be far more than we originally imagined possible. We think it will be a great game and one you will love playing.

Hero-U is a passion project for Lori and me. We have put two and one-half years of our life into it so far, and we will continue to do whatever it takes to make this a great game. That includes hiring the best programmers, artists, and musicians we can find.

It is unusual for the same project to raise funds on Kickstarter twice, but it is not unusual for a game to need additional funding. We have talked to many adventure game developers, and nearly all of their projects went over budget. They have either absorbed the costs themselves or obtained venture capital.

We chose not to seek outside funding because we want Hero-U to be a game of, by, and for our many heroes. Kickstarter is where we began, and we would like this to be a wholly crowd-funded game.
The pledges include a special $20 pledge for those whoalso backed the first Kickstarter.

More information.

Hm. It looks like it might be interesting... I never backed the first time around.
Though, 30$ is a bit more than I usually put in Kickstarters I'm not completely certain of.

I backed it first time round but don't plan on backing it again. $15 or maybe $20 is what this should be, at $30 I'm not sure it will succeed...

Daniel.

$30?! Wow. I didn't back this game the first time, but was considering it since I loved the QFG-games. I won't pledge this time around either: the entry-level pledge is to high for me while the risk (what went wrong the first time?) seems rather great. :/

Last edited:
The game will be delivered regardless of whether or not the kickstarter works for them. This kickstarter is for quality improvements. I'm a fan of the sneaking rogue animation already.

Hey its $25 for the Hero-U game not $30.

Well they are a 3rd of the way there already. :)

I backed it for a $. :p

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom