DA:O Dragon Age Character creator to be released on 13 October

Dragon Age: Origins
Well, remember that too many spells would be too complicated for the standard console players.

Gotcha.

At least the game lets you adjust the portrait accordingly.

9glvg2.jpg

Yup facial adjustment options in DA is pretty extensive. Here's mine:

DAOCharacterCreator1.jpg

That was result after an hour of tinkering, trying to making an Asian-looking character.

Fiddled around with it a bit. I like it. It's fairly straight forward, yet allows for some interesting classes/origins, and has an extensive face editor. I also like the spell list - I can see some very interesting possibilities here, especially since the mages end up being both healers, crowd controllers and damage dealers.

Actually, I think the best part might be the music for the little play/uninstall/website/exit choice form.

Unfortunately, I can't do the Social site. I try to log in and it half recognizes me, but makes me fill out more stuff for my profile. Once I finish, it gives me "Error creating EA Account." Oh well.

(Trying to get signed up for The Old Republic was pretty crazy, too. Turns out they didn't support IE8, but never bothered to actually say that to people using the browser. I don't know who BioWare hired to do their web stuff, but they should toss them out the door.)

Downloaded it. Created one character. And then quit the character creator. This had to be one of the most useless downloads I've made. I don't know what I was expecting from this, but it really is just a character creator. :p

Same here.

I was hugely underwhelmed.

Especially with so few possibilities available - or it just didn't work in my case.

I couldn't figure out on how to assign new skills or talents or what this was …

On the other hand, it's for Bioware / EA just a great tool to determine how many potential customers are interested in this game … Just counting the numbers of downloads … Those who actually upload their characters might be considered potential buyers, very much so, imho, whereas the rest could be considered as "well, I'm waiting until I see it", or just pirates.

Same here.

I was hugely underwhelmed.

Especially with so few possibilities available - or it just didn't work in my case.

I couldn't figure out on how to assign new skills or talents or what this was …

On the other hand, it's for Bioware / EA just a great tool to determine how many potential customers are interested in this game … Just counting the numbers of downloads … Those who actually upload their characters might be considered potential buyers, very much so, imho, whereas the rest could be considered as "well, I'm waiting until I see it", or just pirates.

You only get to assign skills and talents in the main game when you import the characters created with the cc.

Back
Top Bottom