Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well here are a few more news items of interest for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Up first I found a new video interview on GamerHub TV from E3 2014.

BioWare previews Dragon Age Inquisition at E3 2014 in this exclusive gameplay preview interview.
Next I have a new preview from Video Gamer who is confused by the E3 demo.

To this day I think Dragon Age: Origins is one of the best RPGs in the history of games. The sequel, however, didn’t strike the same chord. It wasn’t a bad follow-up – far from it – but the change in lead character and lack of influence from the first title meant in many ways it felt like a brand new experience. If you had never even heard of Dragon Age, II could’ve easily been your starting point. Because of this, Inquisition is suffering from the successor's hangover.
And for last here are some new screenshots on Dual Shockers.

Electronic Arts and BioWare just released a large batch of new Dragon Age: Inquisition Screenshots to complement the trailer and gameplay released today.

The screenies show a few character, and a wide variety of environments, giving us a nice glimpse on the power of Frostbite Engine applied to a fantasy world.
More information.

Witcher 2 and 3 really light up a fire under Bioware's ass! If I wasn't aware who was doing the talking I would have thought that it was somebody from CD Projekt Red! :mellow:

My hopes are high that Cyberpunk 2077 will add some serios heat to this fire.

Looks like the Video Gamer previewer is one of those people who haven't yet realized that the DA franchise is not a trilogy about a single protagonist. The dev have repeated it over and over again since 2009 and I guess I'm going to hear people crying about the Warden for the next 20+ years still. *sigh*

I find the claim that the Mage/templar war end with that specific quest (shown in the demo) strange though. He's not the only one who mentioned it, so it can't be an error from his part. My problem with that claim is that there is no Templar around and the mages aren't from Orlais/Ferelden circles, they are from the Tevinter Venetori faction. Ending the Mage/Templar war without either of the factions involved seems a bit beyond me.

Ending the Mage/Templar war without either of the factions involved seems a bit beyond me.

Why? Outsiders are much more likely to finish somebody else's war than the insiders! :biggrin:

Well it looks good to me.

I agree, leading up to DA2 I was hearing a lot of stuff that made me apprehensive. That's not the case this time around.most of what I'm hearing, I like.

To be honest I'll be preordering. Even with the debacle DA2 was I want to play the series to its conclusion.

I'd much rather throw money at a Kickstarter game I like than preorder a game just prior to release, including this one. Preorder buys you nothing but early bragging rights. It can wait.

I'm still unsure what to think. I still see a LOT of things I don't like (mainly the things that reminds me of DA2 but I guess that can't be helped since their intention is to mix elements of both DA:O and DA2...) but it's better than what I thought of it. So, I guess I might pick this one up either when it hits bargain bin or if the Watcher review is positive....

I'd much rather throw money at a Kickstarter game I like than preorder a game just prior to release, including this one. Preorder buys you nothing but early bragging rights. It can wait.

That's totally untrue. I'm sure I'll get some weapons and armor packs that will unbalance the first 1/4 of the game.:lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure what bragging rights your talking about? Bragging that I bought a game???:S

Anyway, I'm going to buy it and I'm going to play it day 1 so why not preorder?

Also, with the record of my kickstarters I'd rather buy 2 copies of DAI and give one to a friend. Then I'll just wait and see what kickstarters release and when and then buy them.

DAI is worth pre-ordering (or buying day 1) just to avoid the spoilers really. I'm more spoiled than I wanted already.

Sorry, but that's dumbest thing I've heard today :roll: You can stop reading/watching/following spoilers, you know.

I'm still unsure what to think. I still see a LOT of things I don't like (mainly the things that reminds me of DA2 but I guess that can't be helped since their intention is to mix elements of both DA:O and DA2…) but it's better than what I thought of it. So, I guess I might pick this one up either when it hits bargain bin or if the Watcher review is positive….

I'm still unsure too, but you know, I think I'm starting to come around on this one. I like that there's so many customization options - they seem like they really wanted you to be able to make the character you want to play.

I just hope there's a lesbian romance option. Silly and sappy, I know, but I dig that kinda stuff. :blush:

To be honest I'll be preordering. Even with the debacle DA2 was I want to play the series to its conclusion.

I didn't realize it was a series, just games with the same name. As DA2 really did nothing to follow DA1.

I didn't realize it was a series, just games with the same name. As DA2 really did nothing to follow DA1.

True but there still loosely connected with references in DA2 about the events in DAO.

I would have loved a true series about my warden and companions but that ship has sailed no use dwelling on it. For me at least.

Looks like the Video Gamer previewer is one of those people who haven't yet realized that the DA franchise is not a trilogy about a single protagonist. The dev have repeated it over and over again since 2009 and I guess I'm going to hear people crying about the Warden for the next 20+ years still. *sigh*

Really? The devs were saying that it would be a different protagonist in every game back in 2009? Because I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Really? The devs were saying that it would be a different protagonist in every game back in 2009? Because I'm pretty sure that's not true.

They did in the old forum before the BSN, it wasn't a secret that the series was about moving through Thedas in the 100 years of the Dragon Age.

Cmon, Video Gamer doesn't really care about substance so a halfarsed preview is not surprising.

I just hope there's a lesbian romance option. Silly and sappy, I know, but I dig that kinda stuff. :blush:
Same sex romances are in, confirmed by devs on Bio forum. What is still unknown is if there will be love triangles or polygamy.

Back
Top Bottom