Titan Quest Question

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I recently purchased a new computer. I've installed Titan Quest + The Immortal Throne Expansion on my new computer.

I then copied over my character data from my old pc in the \SaveGames\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Main folder to the same folder on my new pc.

My characters came over just fine and my character inventory all came over just fine.

However, my storage chest items are not there. Also, I paid to have the maximum allowable storage slots in my storage chest but now my storage chest has the minimum number of slots as if I never paid for the storage upgrades.

So my question is, what and where are the files I need to copy to my new pc that are for my storage chest? Any help greatly appreciated.

There's a method on the titanquest.net forums that goes thus:

1 - go to \My Documents\My Games and save the "Titan Quest - Immortal Throne" folder somewhere safe
2 - reinstall your OS, install TQ, install IT, but DO NOT run it
3 - go to \My Documents\My Games and copy your saved "Titan Quest - Immortal Throne" folder there
4 - Download this tool, extract it, and run it from "cmd" prompt
http://www.einman.com/files/TQCaravanFix.rar (credit Ian J. Einman)
5 - you should see it "do its thing" (fixing checksums, etc)
6 - Play TQ:IT w/all your stuff intact!

If that doesn't work I suggest having alook over there.

Doesn't the expansion introduce some some sort of character import function? Not sure if that's the issue, but carrying over characters from non-expansion to expansion is kind of problematic without that utility, I think I remember reading.

That said, I've got sad memories of multi-player not working with a friend for unexplained reasons. :(

2 - reinstall your OS, install TQ, install IT, but DO NOT run it

Ugh if I gotta reinstall the O/S I guess Ill just go without the items. Thank you for the info and the link I appreciate it. Kinda silly that the storage chest items dont move with the character file.

...but carrying over characters from non-expansion to expansion is kind of problematic

No I'm copy expansion characters from my old pc to my new pc. The problem is my storage chest items aren't coming along.

Just a quick update as to how i resolved my original problem. What I did was I just got my original rig back up and running... hosted a game with my original character onthe old rig with the copied version of the same character on the new rig and did an in-game item transfer. This resulted with getting all my chest items but did not fix having to pay for additional chest slots. But stll, getting the items was good enough doesnt take long to get the gold to max out the chest space.

Back
Top Bottom