I Can't Escape: Darkness - Review @ Gamespew

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Eye spotted that Gamespew reviewed I Can't Escape: Darkness, stating amongst others:

That being said, it does play with your anxieties and creates a sense of claustrophobia even though you are perfectly safe in your living room, bedroom or study. Many times did I turn a corner and see the ghostly apparition of a hostile spectre, only to turn tail and run as fast as the step-by-step movement controls would allow me. But again, it does feel like the game is missing a trick or two. Having discovered a new tomb in the labyrinth that did turn out to be a dead end, after a brief investigation of the coffins, the sound of a stone door closing caused panic, thinking that I was getting locked in and funnelled down another path that was designed to scare me even more. But when turning back to the entrance I’d come through, the door was still ajar. Where that hidden door had opened remained unknown, but it did make me think already having a labyrinth setting, having trip switches and traps, would have gone a long way to increasing the fear factor, and give the game a more distinguished personality. What it needs is to put more pressure on its players.
More information.

I'm doing a Let's Play of the game over at my channel if you guys wanna learn from my mistakes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Vxopz7cAc

There is quite a lot of depth to the game, the mechanics very wildly depending on the puzzles...

And the darkness... :(

Back
Top Bottom