The Witcher - Release Date Announced

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
The Official Site for The Witcher has announced the release date for this keenly anticipated game. Here's the blurb:
Atari and CD Projekt proudly announce that “The Witcher” premiere is scheduled on September 2007

Many fans have been waiting for the official confirmation of this date for a really long time. So, we are even more happy that we can give it to you officially. From now on, the speculations are ended, the time has come to present facts. We can say it straightforwardly that, unless the sky falls down on our heads - you'll play "The Witcher" after summer break! We hope this info will cut all the discussions concerning the prolonged production of our game short. September, as the release date, will apply to all the world markets where "The Witcher" shall appear. We will reveal the day of the premiere in the following months.
More information.

Good april joke. Let's not forget Stalker's release is also planned for this year. Hah hah

Didnt S.T.A.L.K.E.R ship few days ago?

And this news was posted 3 days ago at thewitcher.com. Everyone can check it. It's not a joke.

oh what excitement! another ugly game from russia... Oblivion is gonna be enough for many many years.

I would say no joke if Atari's really involved. They have no sense of humor.

And I am unhappy with this annoucement... I was hoping for July/August release:( .

The date makes sense. It gives them the opportunity to show an almost finished version at the GC in late August.

Well, a date finally. Note sure how the news got missed for a couple of days (where are the press releases?) but I'm looking forward to this one.

I posted it immediately the notification arrived in my email, once I'd checked that you hadn't already done so!! Wasn't any delay on our part.

Despite the action label, this is one of the RPG's I have high hopes for. The setting and what's been revealed about the quest design (mutiple solutions, long-term conseqeunces) sounds promising, and the visuals look good. I just hope they manage a reasonably polished (no pun intended) release, unlike G3.

I posted it immediately the notification arrived in my email, once I'd checked that you hadn't already done so!! Wasn't any delay on our part.

No, I'm just a bit surprised they didn't announce it with more fanfare. :)

I think this really has some of the best potential of almost anything on the horizon.

I can't wait to see how this game turns out. I'll certainly be pre-ordering it and getting it as soon as possible. I just wish that it would come out this summer during the usual drought.

Surprisingly, I've not been too much excited about this game until recently. Now I'm really looking forward to it, although I have doubts whether it will run on my computer.

*sigh* I just hope CDP got some talented, original voice cast for the Polish version.

Back
Top Bottom