Icewind Dale: EE - Interview Questions (Questions Sent)

Are there going to be new soundtracks added to the game and any by the original composer?
Which one do you prefer? Jeremy Soule (IWD) or Inon Zur (HoW)? ;)

Why not just make an original game?

It's perhaps a reasonable question to ask whether their efforts with the Baldur's Gate series netted them enough funds to create a new game. Perhaps they don't feel they have enough funds or experience yet? But refurbishing old classics to play on modern graphics seems like a reasonable niche market, so maybe they just plan on continuing to crank out EE games for the foreseeable future?

IWD met major complaints from a number of players who lost their first level characters right away (apparently, it had a lot of players who didn't seem to know that's how AD&D is at low levels and why you have to play smart. The game is hard).

Will there be any nerfing of the game for those early levels the way it was done in Neverwinter Nights.

I played IWD late, just some years ago.
I were rather cocky and confident but died horribly until I got the hag of it.
Lot of reloading...
:)

Interesting how they would handle that

/C

Why not just make an original game?

It's perhaps a reasonable question to ask whether their efforts with the Baldur's Gate series netted them enough funds to create a new game. Perhaps they don't feel they have enough funds or experience yet? But refurbishing old classics to play on modern graphics seems like a reasonable niche market, so maybe they just plan on continuing to crank out EE games for the foreseeable future?

sure - all it takes is a pencil - for the artists and writers, then spend a whole year writing a new engine.

I think the answer to that is ROI. Also, isn't there talk of BG3?

What are their plans for making these games more modable? (as it stands ToBEX gives you more options compared to BGEE/BG2EE)

Also are you going to do anything about the fact that kits only have a limited number of usability flags? (that are all used by the existing kits). Regardless of which game it is (BGEE/BG2EE/IWDEE) this is going to be pretty limiting for anyone looking to make kit mods.

I guess I would to know why an EE edition at all? I never got very far the first time through it before I gave up for lack of interest.

Isn't there another game out there that would have more appeal to RPG gamers out there?

Changed my mind on the question.

Why do this project now when there are so many great new that have come out of late and even more coming out in the near future?

Will you add some fleshed out companions? (With banter, background story, personality etc.)

Two very important questions!

Looking forward to asking the Alex and Liam about this classic and Beamdogs treatment of it. Just two questions

1.) Will we get High Level Abilities for our characters? I am just pleading with them to let me make a Paladin with Pale Justice and Greater Whirlwind around with it in IWD:EE !!!

2.) The original IWD had a really need loot table for specific places in the game. When Heart of Winter came out all the possible items one could find were eliminated or greatly diminished. Will we now have chances to find different items as loot like in the original version?

Thanks!

1. We know the BG2EE kits will be making their way to IWDEE, but will there be all new kits or classes never before seen in any EE game? If so, what are they?

2. Will there be any new spells, items, or monsters never seen before in any EE game?

3. Will you be adding any new missions?

4. Will there be any new areas to explore?

5. Will there be any new character art or voice sets?

6. IWD2 featured improved items in Heart of Fury mode. Will IWDEE have something similar?

7. Will enemy mages and priests take advantage of the BG2EE spell list?

well since the release date was announced today as Oct. 30th and we have only 9 days left till its release, might we see this interview really soon ;) ?

Well the questions were sent by Myrthos so we just have to wait for the answers. I had a few developers send them back in a day, and some wait a full week.:)

Last edited:
The interview will be posted on Monday the 27th so look forward to it everyone.:)

Back
Top Bottom