What games are you playing now?

I'm giving Avadon another try, mainly because it works well on my Surface Pro, where as I couldn't get Fallout to work (the mouse pointer doesn't match up with the touch point/stylus).

If Avadon still fails to grab me, probably fire up IWD:EE before hitting BG2:EE.

You're not the only one … I was just starting replaying Civ IV and then had to reinstall Jedi Knight II!

I started replaying JK2 a few months ago, but I couldn't keep at it. The pre-Jedi bits are a pain, and it gives me a headache if I play for too long for some reason. I may give it another go after this, but cheatcode in the lightsaber and Force Push to get past the dull early levels.

I think I'm going to have to leave off Blackguards. It just feels like half an RPG to me. I few lines of dialog, a battle, another few lines, a battle, some leveling up, another battle... it isn't doing it form me. Civ: BE feels like it got released a month or two early (I still can't even play full screen) so I'm letting it sit. Starpoint Gemini 2 is coming along nicely but I think I'll wait on that one as well.

It's time to finish up some old business: namely Witcher 2. Hopefully the blah ending I've been hearing about won't sting so much with Witcher 3 right around the corner. Plus I haven't been using my 3D Vision lately and that game is great for it.

Several of my dates are pizza dates, but don't bring up that one, please!
Pizza dates! Now THAT'S thinking, DArtagan! "So, what's a pepperoni like you doing on a crust like this?" (No jalapenos, please. I'm not a bigot it's... I just can't deal with them - even picking them off doesn't work. I'm sorry, please don't judge me!)

So pizza has been mentioned a few times, which made me think of the wife and I having pizza last night. Now, I'm not a huge pizza fan, but when you've got a few feet of snow piled outside your door, a good hot pie seemed appealing to me. We order the pie, and get it....with ranch dressing instead of gravy/pasta sauce. Who the HECK came up with the idea of ranch dressing as a possibility for a pizza is what I want to know, we threw it out and had sandwiches instead. Epic pizza fail.

Pizza dates! Now THAT'S thinking, DArtagan! "So, what's a pepperoni like you doing on a crust like this?" (No jalapenos, please. I'm not a bigot it's… I just can't deal with them - even picking them off doesn't work. I'm sorry, please don't judge me!)

Genius, in fact.

My pizzas are so good, they'd cure anorexia if they were set loose upon the world ;)

Which probably explains why some of those dates have been successful - despite me being part of them :(

bouncing between games according to my moods.. grimrock trying to finish, skipped to divinity also trying to finish, was in warlock0awesome hooked.. oh and chaos on deponia also trying to progress without googling tips.

I started replaying JK2 a few months ago, but I couldn't keep at it. The pre-Jedi bits are a pain, and it gives me a headache if I play for too long for some reason. I may give it another go after this, but cheatcode in the lightsaber and Force Push to get past the dull early levels.

I am nearing the end of my replay - realized it was early 2013 last time, making it close to 2 years! - and having an absolute blast. I am back on Yavin again, and have a few thoughts:

- I actually enjoy the early non-Jedi parts ...
- ... but when you realize that those pre-lightsaber levels actually make up a game longer than a lot of shooters that have come out in subsequent years, I can feel very long.
- I really love how you never totally lose the need to use other weapons. Sure your Force and lightsaber self-reliance consistently increases to the point of being early invincible to anyone without a lightsaber (and normal Reborn become pretty trivial as well), but between snipers and heavy machines you have to think your way through.
- There is enough 'non-essential' space that it reminds you it is from the era right on the cusp of the 'really expensive content', where you could add in secrets, wrong paths, and other things just to fill out the space or have fun.

I am itching for some Divine Divinity next ... was going to do Civ IV, but the latest OS X killed compatibility and the 'workarounds' posted on Steam haven't helped me yet so I uninstalled. Oh well.

Genius, in fact.

My pizzas are so good, they'd cure anorexia if they were set loose upon the world ;)

Which probably explains why some of those dates have been successful - despite me being part of them :(

Ah well, if your pizzas are really that good, if you also start talking less and listening more.... might be the next one will be even more successful.

Disclaimer: The above statement is based on pure speculation that those pizza dates involved you talking a lot.

Ah well, if your pizzas are really that good, if you also start talking less and listening more…. might be the next one will be even more successful.

Disclaimer: The above statement is based on pure speculation that those pizza dates involved you talking a lot.

It won't be successful until I'm interested enough in the person involved ;)

Based on my experience, they become interested precisely because I talk a lot. It's only later they realise it never stops ;)

I've started in on Icewind Dale EE lately. Largely because, when I looked at it, I realized that I can't recall anything about the game at all. I think I last played it when it was new (and I'm not certain I ever played the expansion).

I had also forgotten just how brutal some of those older D&D games can be in the early levels. :p

Having fun so far, though I haven't gotten very far given my usual schedule. It's more open this week, with not having to play guitar this Sunday and a lighter-than-expected work load, but still I can only put so much time into it.

I started replaying JK2 a few months ago, but I couldn't keep at it. The pre-Jedi bits are a pain, and it gives me a headache if I play for too long for some reason.

Headache is probably FoV related. Check here how to fix the FoV so you can play headache- and puke-free :) .

To my great shame I'm playing a lot of ESO recently. Started after what I think was the 4th major content update (there's been 5 now) and a couple dozen patches. So after getting more free official content updates and patches than Skyrim received over its entire lifetime, it's actually quite enjoyable and stable.

I am very pleased with how they've handled and expanded some aspects of the lore. For example, while there are certainly likable and sympathetic characters in the Aldmeri dominion (their queen is pretty awesome) you can certainly see the seeds of the "modern" more easily hated Thalmor. I also really like how they've fleshed out and highlighed some of the interesting aspects of Bosmer (wood elf) and Argonian culture. The wood elves always seemed pretty goofy in previous games, but there's a side to them that the game brings to the forefront that is pretty nasty and horrifying. That aspect of the lore was always there I think, but not as visibly portrayed by in game characters and not taken advantage of by main ES games. ESO actually managed to do some interesting things with them.

Also found it surprising that a few quests actually do a good job with moral choices and choice/consequences - better than anything in the main series since maybe Morrowind. Given the sheer number of quests and amount of content, it should not be suprising that these examples are the exception but rather than the rule. However the mage guild quest line does an excellent job of giving you a "do the right thing or the expedient immediately beneficial thing" in a way that most games out there just don't because they overly balance the payout for making "good vs. evil" choices.

The story lines for the various alliances are a bit uneven at times. Each zone can be seen as telling a chapter of its alliance's story - the quality of the in-zone arcs varies as does how well they connect to the overarching story for that alliance and the main story. The best single zone was excellent in all these regards (Rivenspire) and the worst (probably Bankorai) was at least not terrible. The unevenness comes partly in that those are both found within the same alliance - Daggerfall Covenant - so the experience can be a bit up and down at times.

In Valkyria Chronicles.

Pros?
- Anime, hair better than in usual games although it's still horrible, fantastic japanese voiceover (I don't understand the language, only hear emotions)

Cons?
- Battles are perhaps too easy (still didn't unlock hard option, dunno how), scouts seem overpowered, although nicely executed the story is total cliche seen endless times in anime

I'm too early in the game to say more (Chapter 6).
All I can say is that it's fun.

I'm playing the newest expansion for Everquest Two, when the servers are actually up. =p. One thing about the new expansions that never seems to change, they always need lots of downtime.

I rather be playing the newest expansion to EQ2 but other half is WoW fan girl so I am playing the newest expansion for WoW with her. There were lot of lags and disconnects but managed to play for an hour last night. I have to say that WoW is the only game that has managed to look better as it aged (its 10 years old now) provided you bought into their graphics/art style.

I rather be playing the newest expansion to EQ2 but other half is WoW fan girl so I am playing the newest expansion for WoW with her. There were lot of lags and disconnects but managed to play for an hour last night. I have to say that WoW is the only game that has managed to look better as it aged (its 10 years old now) provided you bought into their graphics/art style.

Wow, the things we do for love.;)

Wow, the things we do for love.;)

Hehe. I prefer EQ2 (my first MMO) over WoW but I don’t consider WoW to be bad MMO. If I rate EQ2 9/10 (its really 8/10 but the +1 for being my first MMO!), I will rate WoW 7/10. So it’s not difficult decision to decide to play WoW with the wife :)

Pretty sure my wife would despise Warcraft even more than I do, so no worries there. EQ2 was/is her first online game, we really enjoy grouping/raiding together and with our almost ten year old guild. Pretty sure I won't be touching Landmark or EQ Three, if they maintain their current iterations.

Back
Top Bottom