Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 25 Hours Long

Is the 25 hours include all the content they cut from the original, to release a week later as DLC ?

Not bad for a fps/rpg game. As long as you can play differently in a new game you can play longer. If only the game out now instead of who knows when because of corporate shareholders.

Last edited:
As always, that number is pretty useless. If it's market speak - it's much less - and if it's accurate to the best of their knowledge, it's still dependant on the players/testers and their approach to playing.

If it's really an average, based on the playtime of every single tester divided between them - then it might be useful, but I don't believe that for a second :)

The original Deus Ex was quite a long game for a cerebral shooter - and I believe it took me around 30 hours to complete.

So, it might be good and it might be bad - but at least they didn't say 10-15 hours like I feared :)

Market-speak has gotten tricky of late. Quite a few of them seem to be lowering the number of hours in a game so they can appeal to more casual gamers. (Telling somebody who only plays 2 hrs/week that a game is 40 hours long is likely to scare them off.)

For me the bigger the rpg the better . If that is true cutting hours of gaming out , then whats next??? Is hardcore gaming over!!??Casual gamers dont want to get into RPGs thats what adventure games are for which are nonexistant on PC.I feel marketers in gaming have no idea what gamers want.Do we really want RPG lite games Fuck NO!!! I want a game thats 100hrs and almost impossible to beat.

You have to be realistic - the size of the market that wants "almost impossible to beat" RPGs is small — and then you want 100 hours of content. That isn't going to happen (at least, not very often) with AAA projects with expensive budgets, which is clearly what DX:HR is.

Frankly, I don't want something 100 hours long that is near impossible to beat - I just don't have time for that.

I hope Skyrim is 200 hours long, but I can accept 25 hours for Deus Ex. It's a different beast. I think Div 2 is probably 60+ with the add-on and if you play on Nightmare, it could be the game you're looking for, Rich.

I was kind of joking, about almost impossible but anyway Is it me or is NEHRIM pretty awsome ???

I hope Skyrim is 200 hours long, but I can accept 25 hours for Deus Ex. It's a different beast. I think Div 2 is probably 60+ with the add-on and if you play on Nightmare, it could be the game you're looking for, Rich.

I think you really can't compare playtime in open end games (like the Elder Scrolls, Civilization, etc) with games with a definitv ending (Deus Ex, Dragon Age, Gothic, etc).

You have to be realistic - the size of the market that wants "almost impossible to beat" RPGs is small — and then you want 100 hours of content.

Bethsoft`s games are like that (with the exception of "impossible") - and yet they sell rather well. Same goes for Final Fantasy.

Let the busy/can`t-be-bothered players do main quest in 20-30 hrs. Also include enough content or open the world enough so I can squeeze another 30+ hours and everyone`s happy.

I think 25 hours would be a very acceptable size, if it holds true for me.

Unfortunately, I seem to be quicker than the norm - even for enthusiasts - and that likely means it's 15-20 hours tops. Not too bad, but not quite what I'd prefer.

Something like a good Deus Ex would be ideal at the 25-40 hour mark.

We'll have to wait and see… But I'm REALLY excited by the game at this stage - and even if it's short, I think I'll be quite pleased.

I'm just glad the PR/marketing guys aren't spouting 12 hours. Because that would mean probably 9-10 if you're lucky. Most recent shooters (the linear kind) have been in the 7-8 hour range and to me that combination (linear+shooter+8 hours) is just not worth more than $15 or so.

If this is 15-20 hours of great game that would be ok with me. If it's 25-30 hours of great game (or mostly great with some above average thrown in) I'd be one happy monkey.

I'm still not touching it until I read real people's opinions about it though. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom