2014 FIFA World Cup

They should let the people decide

Thumbs up or thumbs down

No, holland would have lost because the (brazilian) public would have wanted the weaker team to go through.

Perhaps they should give points for a shot on goal, more for a shot on the post. Perhaps deduction for a yellow card. And when the game ties, the one with the most points wins.

No, holland would have lost because the (brazilian) public would have wanted the weaker team to go through.

Perhaps they should give points for a shot on goal, more for a shot on the post. Perhaps deduction for a yellow card. And when the game ties, the one with the most points wins.

hmm... no thanks, I don't want to have to keep a calculator on hand when watching a soccer game. Just leave the penalties, they're exciting.

One reason why football is so popular in the world, is because it has simple rules (except perhaps for the offside rule). It should be kept this way.

Penalites is the only way to go.... it's like a really good drama, fun for the audiance, and soccer should not be an endurance match like ice hockey. The quality will simply go too low if you can't run anymore...

Penalties would be easier to stomach if they moved the ball back a bit. Give the goalies a chance other than just sheer correct guessing the way it is now. I hate it now, but moving it back a bit, like to the semi-circle, might be better.

Another thing that irks me a little. Why aren't both semis played on the same day, so each team has the same amount of rest for the finals? Why should one team have an extra day of rest? Do not understand why that is. One game in the afternoon, the other in the evening. Simple.

Penalties would be easier to stomach if they moved the ball back a bit. Give the goalies a chance other than just sheer correct guessing the way it is now. I hate it now, but moving it back a bit, like to the semi-circle, might be better.

Another thing that irks me a little. Why aren't both semis played on the same day, so each team has the same amount of rest for the finals? Why should one team have an extra day of rest? Do not understand why that is. One game in the afternoon, the other in the evening. Simple.

To get more viewers :)

World Cup withdrawal would be just too much. World depression (except in the US) would skyrocket. Nothing as bad as having to wait like 12 freaking months for the next season of Doctor Who, but combining both, it could break the space-time continuum.

No team has less than 3 1/2 days' rest for the final, which is par for the course in all matches leading up to it. The third-place match, on the other hand, doesn't get that luxury, but most people/players don't care as it's more of a friendly match than a competitive one.

Unfortunate about Neymar and Silva - I recognize that it increases our (Germanys) chances for the final considerably, but it's just bitter for the Brazilians. And of course if we win, everyone will say it was just because Neymar wasn't there. And if we loose everyone will say "how could you!, they didn't even have Neymar and Silva!".
But I hope we see Netherlands in the final, that should be an exiting match. With a slight edge for Holland, imho , looking at the performance in the matches so far(although it pains to admit it :) ). On a good day Robben is a force of Nature - we have nothing like him. They had a lot of bad luck in the match against Costa Rica on a normal day, it would have been 2:0 or 3:0.

That would be a trick. In the past we have lost from Germany, Argentina and Spain in World Cup finals.
If we reach the finals, we would have won from Spain and Argentina already and only need to beat Germany :)

Another interesting (but somehow outdated) fact:
In all the 14 world cups between 1950 and 2002 there has been only one (1978) where neither Brazil nor Germany has been in the finals.

After two worldcups without, we'll now have one of them in the finals again.

What's happening?

Congrats to Miro Klose - 16 goals at World Cups and counting!

6-0 now. You can wonder if this would have been much different had Brazil played with his regular players.

7-0

unbelievable :D :D :D

I could have never imagined a score like this.

great job Germany :)

mjJaPQB.gif

Back
Top Bottom