Witcher 3 - Another Short Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well another day and here is more links to various articles for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. So lets get started with a new six minute video interview on GamerHubTv.

Jonas Mattsson, environmental designer at CD Projekt Red, talks about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in this exclusive interview from the San Francisco press review event.
The second interview is on Gamasutra about growing a studio in a sustainable way.

One of the most interesting traits of CDPR is the studio's penchant for sustained growth -- it's gone from roughly 100-strong at the outset to a headcount of 350 or so, growing steadily beyond "mid-size" during a time when so many mid-size independent studios were collapsing. What can other developers learn from CDPR's success, and how can they avoid repeating the studio's mistakes?
And for last a new article on the Guardian about why sex matters in the game.

The development team behind forthcoming fantasy adventure title The Witcher: Wild Hunt seems unfazed by either moral or technical concerns. The game, due for release in May, contains sex scenes constructed from over 16 hours of motion capture data. There may not be any of Houser’s dildo sex in the George RR Martin-esque fantasy plains, but there is a Hugh Hefnerian amount of lovemaking. It comes quickly, too. Within the first 15 seconds the camera droops to linger on a woman’s fulsome posterior, moments after dismounting the protagonist, the white-haired monster hunter, Geralt of Rivia.
More information.

I wonder if the gaming community will talk about how sex/romance in video games is horrible and overdone these days and specifically reference all the sex in the Witcher 3.

Gaming community response: *crickets*

Why should they as The Witcher games/movies/books always had sexual content. If this bothers anyone they probably never read/watched/or played any of the games.

Hell even Bioware is not afraid of nudity in their games now. Like the Guardian said in the article games are no longer just for kids anymore. How times change.:clap:
For decades blockbuster video games have omitted sex, perhaps because of worries over age classifications, perhaps because of the medium’s association with play and, behind that, childhood. But beside the quest for power, sex is a primary human motivation; through games like The Witcher and last year’s Dragon Age: Inquisition, which elegantly facilitated sexual relationships of all varieties, perhaps game designers are finally becoming more honest about that.

Last edited:
Why should they as The Witcher games/movies/books always had sexual content. If this bothers anyone they probably never read/watched/or played any of the games.

Hell even Bioware is not afraid of nudity in their games now. Like the Guardian said in the article games are no longer just for kids anymore. How times change.:clap:

I think he means that if a game has any gay romance/sex all the bigots come out and complain about sex/romance is overdone, not needed, why do they put sex in games, etc. But when the game has straight sex/romance the .... Well mostly crickets.

But when the game has straight sex/romance the …. Well mostly crickets.

Are you kidding me? We had plenty of people here, at the Watch, complaining about sex in Witcher games.

Most of it was joking, though. And commenting on how badly done it was.
Not this time they actually invested a lot of time, and energy to get them right.:biggrin:

That's why they have recorded 19 hours of it this time. They only want to pick nicely done bits :)

I have never understood peoples opposition towards sex to begin with. Hiding in the shadows like it is dirty, bad or wrong in some way.

I am not trying to force anyone to change their views on the subject as I know that would be a most impossible task.

Maybe the way the Witcher goes about having sex isn't for everyone. But to think that people real life do not engage with woman of the night would be naïve.

Sex in The Witcher games is great example of how it should be done. It's completely optional, simple, and nothing is shoved at you. I also don't need to go through 9 conversation trees and buy 2 gifts before having any fun. ;)

Sex in The Witcher games is great example of how it should be done. It's completely optional, simple, and nothing is shoved at you. I also don't need to go through 9 conversation trees and buy 2 gifts before having any fun. ;)

Except for The Witcher 2 starting with Geralt in bed with Triss initiating foreplay but getting interrupted.

Well, that falls under "establishing relationship"... Apparently CDPR did the same in Witcher 3 with Geralt and Yennefer.

Except for The Witcher 2 starting with Geralt in bed with Triss initiating foreplay but getting interrupted.

I was going to say that too but then decided against that since its not really sex but rather nudity :)

I don't like it in general if my character performs actions in cutscenes I'm not previously asked about.

I like it when developer makes things instead of waiting modders to make nudity mods.

Back
Top Bottom