In China a 2-Year-Old was Ran Over Twice & No One Helped Her

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
A 2 year old girl was hit and ran over by a truck in China. The driver stopped the truck and then ran her over again with the back wheel to get away.

You would think that it can't get any worse, but unfortunately it does. She was then ignored by the people passing by. No one fucking lifted a finger to help this girl. No one.

Again you would think that it couldn't possibly be any worse, it does. She was then ran over by another car. Seventeen people ignored this little girl in the streets. They could see her and they could have helped, but they didn't. Not until a garbage woman came by 7 minutes later and helped her.

I'm going to link a news article I had to read after I couldn't bear to watch the youtube video. Be warned it will tear your fucking soul to shreds. I watched that video for about 6 seconds and had to shut the thing off. So I didn't see the people just walking by her in the streets or see the other car.

Another warning: There are photos in the news article that are heartbreaking. In the photos you can see the evil fucks ignoring her on the street and you can see her lying there. If you can't handle it then don't click the links. Here are the links and don't say I didn't warn you:

News Article: http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/vide...ran-over-by-van-ignored-by-18-bystanders.html

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVYUzHc5L8

Read some of the comments down below in that article and be amazed by the cruelness of people and I don't give a shit about some Nanjing judge's ruling.

These two wastes of space offered their opinion on the matter. Can someone please run these people over with a car:

No one wants to cause trouble for themselves. These days, everyone is busy enough with their own matters. To say these people are cold-blooded is a bit too strong. Those who want to criticize them should first ask themselves: Would you have gone to help or not?

Those above who are saying that our countrymen have become numb, I want to ask simply: What would you do if you ran into this kind of thing? Don’t just blame this or that on this internet post, would you risk being accused of being the perpetrator? Would you be willing to dump your entire family’s savings into the endless vortex of accident compensation? You aren’t afraid of going to jail as the perpetrator? Have you not considered that one moment of greatness could mean your entire family losing their happiness with you? Do you know just how many Nanjing judge [case results] there are? Do you think it is only Nanjing? The consequences of moral turpitude is not something that you and I can rectify. We are just ordinary people. Seeing this kind of thing, I can only describe it as heart-breaking, but I would be numb/indifferent like those 18 people…because I am a normal person!!!

I live in Taiwan and see some cultural differences between myself and the Taiwanese people that make me go WTF, but I do not see this. I'm not saying that the hit and run part couldn't happen, but being ignored by seventeen people. Yes, I can say that would most certainly not happen here. My girlfriend went ballistic when she told me about this and had to share this lovely news with me which in turn I had to share the pain with you.

In the end, I just want off this damn planet, but since that isn't going to happen I'm going go play something where the things that die are just pixels and where I can kill the bad guy.

BTW, the article is translated from Chinese and the girl is in critical condition. Even after all that she's still alive. That's one tough little girl.

Last edited:
Like someone says in the comment field, it's not that they dont care, they don't dare. China is more modern today, but it's not like US or Sweden. Someone stopping and helping her could easily be accused for the accident / killing.. It says something about their government / laws and how the people fears it, but not so much else.

Afraid I can't bear to watch it but I've read the news reports. There are sometimes cases of hit and runs in this country (the UK) where drivers ignore the injured person, but this seems a few degrees worse given the age of the child, number of passers by & their proximity etc.

Awful story in terms of what it says about people and their ability to switch off what is under their noses.

This is a psychological phenomenon that is well-documented and has many examples also in the West. It's called diffusion of responsibility and it's a curious thing. While this is an extreme case, probably not helped by the way the government there works, there have been unfortunately many such sitations, most famously perhaps WWII. This is, of course, not an excuse for such behaviour, merely an explanation (as science purports to find).

Sad.

Don't want to sound like I've got anything against China or any Asian country but maybe what the western civilization regards as humanity is simply a cultural thing?

This is a psychological phenomenon that is well-documented and has many examples also in the West. It's called diffusion of responsibility ...

It is also known as The Bystander Effect and The Genovese Syndrome.

(from wikipedia)

Kitty Genovese

The case of Kitty Genovese is often cited as an example of the "bystander effect". It is also the case that originally stimulated social psychological research in this area. 28 year-old Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death on March 13, 1964 by a serial rapist and murderer on her way back to her Queens, New York apartment from work at 3am. According to newspaper accounts, the attack lasted for at least a half an hour during which time Genovese screamed and pleaded for help. The murderer attacked Genovese and stabbed her, then fled the scene after attracting the attention of a neighbor. The killer then returned ten minutes later and finished the assault. Newspaper reports after Genovese's death claimed that 38 witnesses watched the stabbings and failed to intervene or even contact the police until after the attacker fled and Genovese had died. This led to widespread public attention, and many editorials.

I do believe that the news paper reports about the number of witnesses to the Kitty Genovese murder were false, or that it turned out that these witnesses indeed did contact authorities. But that doesn't change the fact that diffusion of responsibility does occur and is testable in controlled situations.

Hm, this remionds me of something. In the news there are - alarmingly increasing - cases of ttackers reported in the German press, most of them are just drunk or simple robbers.

There is a high number of these attacks reported from railway stations and even from underground waggons - but people just look away.

I fear that a similar thing happened with the Jews during the Nazi era.

It's almost as if there is an more-than-ancient program running within these people - it says : "Don't create attention ! Be as silent as possible so that you won't become prey, too !"

What diusturbs me most is that in this case even "motherly feelings" didn't kick in.

We have here a more or less crime, it's called "unterlassebne Hilfeleistung" - "omission of help". People can get punished for that, although it doesn't happen that often (at least the press doesn't report it that often).

We have here a more or less crime, it's called "unterlassebne Hilfeleistung" - "omission of help". People can get punished for that, although it doesn't happen that often (at least the press doesn't report it that often).
That is true in the US too although it varies by state. There are also laws to shield people who try to help from later getting in trouble.

In general, it seems that human life mean less in eastern nations than western nations. You see the crowding and pushing and shoving and lack of respect for each others personal spaces in the east. But in the west I haven't seen it.

But in the west I haven't seen it.

The "bystander effect" is a classic, it's spoken about in almost all disciplines who study human behavior and it's a phenomenon that very well exist in the west.

In general, it seems that human life mean less in eastern nations than western nations. You see the crowding and pushing and shoving and lack of respect for each others personal spaces in the east. But in the west I haven't seen it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html?pagewanted=all

Wal-Mart Employee Trampled to Death

By 4:55, with no police officers in sight, the crowd of more than 2,000 had become a rabble, and could be held back no longer. Fists banged and shoulders pressed on the sliding-glass double doors, which bowed in with the weight of the assault. Six to 10 workers inside tried to push back, but it was hopeless.

Suddenly, witnesses and the police said, the doors shattered, and the shrieking mob surged through in a blind rush for holiday bargains. One worker, Jdimytai Damour, 34, was thrown back onto the black linoleum tiles and trampled in the stampede that streamed over and around him. Others who had stood alongside Mr. Damour trying to hold the doors were also hurled back and run over, witnesses said.

Some workers who saw what was happening fought their way through the surge to get to Mr. Damour, but he had been fatally injured, the police said. Emergency workers tried to revive Mr. Damour, a temporary worker hired for the holiday season, at the scene, but he was pronounced dead an hour later at Franklin Hospital Medical Center in Valley Stream.

. . .

“When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling, ‘I’ve been in line since yesterday morning,’ ” Ms. Cribbs told The Associated Press. “They kept shopping.”

---

Nope, never happens in "the west".

If it was a 2-year-old boy they would have been tripping over themselves trying to help him. There is a HUGE degree of gender bias in the Chinese culture.

“When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling, ‘I’ve been in line since yesterday morning,’ ” Ms. Cribbs told The Associated Press. “They kept shopping.”

I think the urban mentality is a large part of that. Just like what happened at that McDonald's, which was also in NY.

Detroit, Chicago, Philly, NY, ect.. why do we read about these types of things happening in places like that so often, compared to the suburbs?

Guys, have you read this ?

It isn’t ignoring, it’s not daring. If one were to encounter a Nanjing judge, one would be screwed.

[Note: "Nanjing judge" refers to the infamous 2006 case of a man named Peng Yu who helped a woman to the hospital after she had fallen only to have the old woman accuse him of knocking her down. The Nanjing judge in that case ultimately ruled that common sense dictated that only the person who hit her would take her to the hospital, setting a precedent that continues only further discourages and reinforces many Chinese people's wariness to help others in similar situations.]

Everyone in those news comments are talking about it. It's wise to call the Human Rights for that.

First the American sickos after Travis' execution, now this...

Definetly a culture thing. Mostly likely influenced by the political enviroment.

Politics has a nasty habbit to leave its mark on culture. In Finland you can still see signs of soviet era in our culture even though 20 years have passed.

Back
Top Bottom