Witcher 3 Witcher 3 delayed until Feb. 2015

The Witcher 3
D

DArtagnan

Well, later than I thought it would be - but there are lots of great games coming out on the horizon, so it's no tragedy.

Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT S.A.

Aww come on now :(

That puts a damper on the good mood spurred by the DS reviews...

I guess they really need the extra time (Huge complex project and all) but I was kinda set on seeing this at some point this year...

(Also on a lesser note puts some ambiguity on my wish to buy one of the new Maxwells when they appear :-/ )

Polishing is always good and like others already sayed, we already had a nice selection of RPGs for this year

No problem here, as there are many other interesting games coming this year.

However, I feel that Witcher 3 is becoming stale from the long development cycle and, to be honest, I am not really in a hurry to play it or looking forward to it.

I will have Dark Souls 2 and Bound by Flame for my attention in the summer.

Have a cookie!

Thanks, don't mind if I do. :)

I'm actually glad this is being delayed. I really want to replay the first two games before I play TW3, and there's no way I could have done that this year.

Of course there's also the fact that more development time almost always leads to a better game.

Well this being only the second Arpg I was interested in this year (and among of a small group of Arpgs I am actually playing, like PB's and TES and Larian's previous output i.e.) that kinda limits my selection in this segment. ;)

Still it would be really unfortunate if they took a step back after the universal acclaim they got for #2 so I am sure they know what they are doing and have the funds to do so (GoG the previous sales and all). Hey maybe they will draw some funds from that ridiculous PR budget they were mentioning the other day (25 mil for the NA market ?) ;)

So does this push Cyberpunk to 2018?

Also, wait for a few months, suddenly everything* could release in 2015...

*almost

See there is always a cloud for your silver lining and someone will dig it up given sufficient time...

Duh, you are right :blush:

Will be getting it this year regardless of how much PB actually keeps their "back to the roots" promise ( :fingerscrossed:) ;)

Suddenly Bioware breathes a sigh of relief as they have no huge contender coming out this year. Wonder what games will be next cant wait.;)

Anyway I'll post this on the front-page latter as I just got the press release.:-/

I say take as much time as you need CD projekt. :)

I hope Geralt dies of old age during the delay and we get a new Witcher :)

I really want to replay the first two games before I play TW3, and there's no way I could have done that this year.
Actually there is a way. Uninstall shooters! :evilgrin:

Bah. Who cares for the main hero?
It's just they didn't make enough cards, the first game had just a few of those and many fans were sad seeing there are none in TW2 to collect. :(
No I don't want more "hot" scenes, I want collectibles!

And no, drawing this won't do the trick:
1-to-5.png

Heretic!!!!

pibbur dragon who remembers the heresy he committed when he wrote a poem against eating cinnabons on rec.gamces.computer.ultima.dragons. And who doesn't remember much of said poem.

Back
Top Bottom