Dungeon Siege 3 - Review Roundup # 4

aries100

SasqWatch
Yet more reviews keep coming for this game. I'll quote from two of them and list the others.

First we have GamesRadar 6/10
The game is also stiflingly linear. The minimap shows the narrow paths leading to most objectives with little variation, and hitting up on the d-pad will give you a Fable-like golden trail to follow, saving you the need to do any exploration yourself. The vast majority of the game takes place in overworld settings like forests and mountain roads that don’t exactly make the eyes pop.
Next we have Geared for Gamers 8.5/10
Whether you are new to the land of Ehb or are returning for another adventure across the lands, Dungeon Siege III really gives you a great loot drop game with some fantastic multiplayer to boot. Downloadable content with also be available for this title so the play value is very high. Even if you just play through the main quest and skip side questing all together you are in for a great amount of play time.
Gamepro 3/5
Joystiq 3.5/5
Atomic Gamer 8/10

RipTen 8/10
AusGamers 8/10

Official Xbox Magazine US 8.5/10
Playstation LifeStyle
Worthplaying 7.5/10
In other DS3 news Square Enix announced that the game nos is availabe both in North America as well as worldwide.

LOS ANGELES (June 21, 2011) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today that its highly anticipated action-RPG, Dungeon Siege® III, is now available. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment®, Dungeon Siege III presents the next exciting chapter in the classic role-playing franchise, which, for the first time, is available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. For players who enjoy dungeon-crawling and loot-hoarding on their home computers, Dungeon Siege III is also available for Windows PC via Steam®.
More information.

Can't believe it.
The controls were crapy, and they managed to make it even worse with the last update.
The game now is simply unplayable with keyboard and mouse.
:furious:

They changed the controls? When did this happen? Today? I'm still not done with my 2nd character, so I hope the controls didn't get too messed up.

The scores seem to be fairly standard Obsidian scores - wide variety of scores depending on the reviewer.

Edit: Blimey, A and D is now opposite of what they used to be. This is not an approvement at all. Any other differences I haven't noticed yet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom