Dragon Age - "RPG of the Decade"

it did for NWN as well but it still sold well..especially longterm when they kept supporting it.

as for their censorship one of the biggest fixes to the backlash over the OC was to require game ownership to post. Pretty obvious thing to do in retrospect and I think many game forums copied that example.

When I started a thread requesting they change the name from Dragon Age to something less formulaic/generic they shut it down almost immediately citing there was already a thread for that sort of thing. So, I called their bluff and posted there. The result was they edited my post in that thread claiming it was redundant spam - spam that they locked. My friend pointed out the irony of the situation and (big surprise) they ignored his post.

The point being is they are quite willing to censor if a post or thread is not constructive. In that case, they didn't think it was constructive to change the stupid name.

RPG of the decade? Sounds like a an obvious new poll question

Bioware doesn't cope well with criticism. If you try to criticize bioware you'll get the same kind of response you would get from a 6 year old kid. "Leave my playground alone!! *angry*"

About the megathreads - it's their way to put under the rag all possible negative critiques; in 100-page long threads that nobody reads.

Yes, well this is an artifact of it being their privately paid for forums, not a public forum. So they believe it their right to censor all content.

Well, I think it is their right to keep people in check. Blizzard does it too - if someone spews forth nothing but gibberish, attacks or insults, they'll be banned and their threads locked, quickly to move out of sight. Constructive criticism is fine though. Lots of people in such forums don't get the difference.

I thought the BG series was pretty hard at times. DA being difficult wouldnt surprise me. I'm glad it is getting praised, I figured this thing would be a bit of a hyped out turd. I'll be happy to be proved wrong!

As someone pointed out in the following post, his might explain PCG's high rating (at least in part — just sayin') … http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?rwsiteid=1&newsbit=13600

That report was already debunked by the devs.

As for this "rpg of the decade" topic. I haven't played it so I can't say, but if they want to go a decade back then they have some stiff competition like with Arcanum. RPG of the year would seem like a more accurate description if they loved it so much.

Last edited:
Yes, well this is an artifact of it being their privately paid for forums, not a public forum. So they believe it their right to censor all content.

Do you post on a public forum? I must admit I've never heard of a "public forum" on the internet. All the forums I post on are private, because someone other than the state is paying for them.

I understand your point, but there are enormous differences between these private forums in quality. The quality depends mainly on the users and management of the forum. When the management acts childishly the quality of discussions on said forum degrades.

Now, it's their right to act childishly/stupidly/unfairly, but then they face:

a) Unsatisfied customers who potentially won't buy their products anymore.
b) Bad publicity. (Would we discuss about the sucky bio-forums if they were ok?)

Well, I think it is their right to keep people in check. Blizzard does it too - if someone spews forth nothing but gibberish, attacks or insults, they'll be banned and their threads locked, quickly to move out of sight. Constructive criticism is fine though. Lots of people in such forums don't get the difference.

Have you read the example Lucky Day posted? How is that attacking/insulting or what have you? I invite you to spend some time on the bioforums (I know, not an easy task to endure) before making any sweeping comparisons with Blizzard's and other forums.

I just thought ...

... who defines what an "RPG of the decade" actually is ?

... what kinds of defining elements are actually used for defining this ?

... and who defines this ? Based on what ... aspects ?

Just a thought ...

*YAWN*…..

Another "RPG of the Decade"? :roll:

Yeah, enough with that Molyneauxism.

Still, I don't expect much from Bioware these days, but I'm hoping this is a return to BG2 form. Which is almost laughable that the sequel to their 1st RPG is their best achievement to date (in my opinion of course).

Biowhore does censor negative opinions.

I've not made this up, it's the sad state of affairs at biowhore's.

"Biowhore"?

It's how Tan gets his Jollies!! :)

Back
Top Bottom