Xenonauts - Post-Funding Update #27

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Goldhawk Interactive has posted the next post-funding update for Xenonauts with information on the games development, and confirms the release date.

Xenonauts March Update!

I posted an update two months ago, hoping to be able to announce at the start of March that the game was "finished" subject to a polishing / bugfixing phase. Did we succeed? Well, partially...

As of this evening V21 Stable should be available on Steam, Desura and the Humble Store for download - Linux and Mac versions are available on Desura / Humble Store. It's actually been out for three weeks on Steam for Windows (so we didn't miss our deadline by much), but it took some time to work through the testing and then the porting process.

More importantly, we have announced a completion date for Xenonauts of May 30th, after which we are going to lock down the game, start burning DVDs and sending out review copies. The official release will be a couple of weeks later, giving us a bit of time to do some PR / marketing prior to release.

Until May 30th, we're continuing to work on the game - fixing bugs, improving the game balance, optimising things and working on usability. Our priorities are listed on our public work tracker, which can be found here: https://trello.com/b/kxjRG3md/xenonauts-work-tracker

We've already released one additional update on our Experimental branch and we'll be releasing another this Friday, so work is proceeding quickly and we'll be doing everything possible to fix all the remaining important issues prior to release...we've already fixed a lot of the big issues in V21 Stable! We're working closely with the community at this stage so feel free to drop by our forums if you want to give us feedback.

I'm also pleased to announce we finished the layout / design of the artbook a couple of weeks ago, so all that remains for that is for me to write the accompanying text. All the Kickstarter rewards are included on our work tracker - we'll keep everyone updated as we make more progress with them (hopefully shipping them around the release date)!

Again, thanks for your patience over the past 18 months - the end is now in sight!
More information.

I'm so excited to see this finally dropping. I already had fun with a rather incomplete version years ago, so I'm excited to see the final product.

Good to see this is making some progress, and out one day before cleve's game, to boot!

Back
Top Bottom