2013 NHL Playoffs Thread

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Its that time of year again. More hate for my Canucks. More hate for Sidney Crosby. Server goes down. And its the end of the 20 year cycle that Toronto makes the playoffs.

Since I've only watched about 3 games this year, I don't even know who's playing who. I'll pick, the Leafs, the Habs, the Canucks, and some US team when I see what's available!! :)

Well we're off to a playoff first round start. Nasty goal let in by Quick on Game 1. And Eller get's beaned.

I don't think it was a dirty hit which will probably get me lynched in Montreal.

It does bring up a good point though, especially during the last games of the season, I think the average number of players who p;lay an 82 game season for a team is 6.

Red wings try to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but fail. thank goodness.:)

It wasn't a 'dirty' hit by old definitions, but it was an unnecessary one and he could easily have avoided to hit the head…so by the new rules it was illegal since they're supposed now to at least attempt not to hit the head…especially if coming from an angle where the other player can't see them. Had he hit the other side of Eller, his right shoulder, the blow would have been less spectacular but would have done the job just as well. There was probably never an intent to knock him out, but the intent was to deal a punishing blow and it worked a little too well…

But its deffinitely not in the same category as Shea Weber's hit last year when he tried to punch Zetterberg, failed then took his head between his gloves and smashed his face in the boards.

since there are some hockey fans on the watch, I guess I'll invite you guys to check this out.
http://websimhockey.com/

Its a fairly well done hockey simulator that puts you in the Coach/GM shoes. There are fictional leagues, retro leagues, "real" ones that play more like a pool. Picking up a team from a league that has an open spot is free, so you can try easily without paying anything.

Depending on the league a season can last just as long as the real season or be twice as fast...but it still gives you months of free trial to see if you like it =). I dont have any open spot in the two leagues I'm in, but if someone is interested, PM me and I'll make sure to send you an invite if a team opens up.

I don't think it was a dirty hit which will probably get me lynched in Montreal.
Looked like a good hit to me, too. I'm with Walrus Paul- it's a hockey play that had an unfortunate result and the guy that made the suicide pass owes Eller a huge apology.

I have not seen enough games to take a guess. Stats don't mean a lot in the playoffs.
The Blues are of course my pick for the top. Have to support my boys. Especially with Oshe back on the ice.

Honestly they keep surprising me with every win. They keep going into turtle mode still.............moving slow and sticking their heads in their..........shells. If they would just play 60 the way I have seen them play it could be their year to hoist the cup.

Ottawa is looking surprisingly strong in this years play-off ( Please read this post again after they stop winning because of this post and are out of the playoffs )

Between west coast start times and OT, this series is going to kill me.

I'm boycotting the playoffs this year. I'm still too annoyed by the blatant greed from earlier in the year. I bought a 70 inch to watch it but can't find the will.

I watched the Leafs get stomped on yesterday; I'm not happy right now, they were totally outplayed.

Looked like a good hit to me, too. I'm with Walrus Paul- it's a hockey play that had an unfortunate result and the guy that made the suicide pass owes Eller a huge apology.

Ottawa is looking surprisingly strong in this years play-off ( Please read this post again after they stop winning because of this post and are out of the playoffs )

Geez this is one crazy series I didn't expect. I actually find myself wanting to watch a Montreal game. I haven't seen a Line Brawl like that since Harold Snepts played for the North Stars.

I'm boycotting the playoffs this year. I'm still too annoyed by the blatant greed from earlier in the year. I bought a 70 inch to watch it but can't find the will.

And here I thought it was me from my comment last year. ;)

If you do get a chance to watch take a look at the shot blocking that is going on. Seems quite a number of teams this year learned a few lessons from the Rangers. If this keeps up Bettman might actually do something.

But keep in mind this, you seem to be a huge part of the trend right now. I've never seen such a lack of interest in the playoffs before. In Vancouver Craigslist sellers outnumbered the buyers 8-1.

I watched the Leafs get stomped on yesterday; I'm not happy right now, they were totally outplayed.

Welcome to my world! Canucks did what Canucks fans expected and are pulling a San Jose. AV and Gillis can't possibly survive another year of not doing anything except mismanaging their goaltending.

Nice win for the Islanders last night to tie up that series. Pittsburgh is probably my least favorite team in the league, and I'd love to see NY pull off an upset.

Hard to believe Vancouver got swept by San Jose....

Yeah Lucky Day I am a huge hockey fan but I'm beyond disgusted with both the NHL and players alike. But anyway… Shot blocking run amuck eh? No surprise there and definitely detrimental to the game. I think the cheesy tactic should be 5 minute major, that will send a message!

And no I didn't bow out this year because I was taken to the woodshed calling for an Eastern Conference Cup victory. It still smarts though ;)

Yes they literary spent half of the time with at least one player in the penalty box. I guess they were a bit over loaded for the playoffs.

there's not a canucks fan that didn't expect this - mainly because that's just the way we are. but then, we saw some hideous cracks in the team with aging, injured players, once again an unnecessary goaltending controversy and an inability for management to manage it properly, and the huge loss of Salo. I'm still not sure why no one considering picking him up as a rental.

they were in the penalty box because they were in it for the long haul. they played the whole year trying to be good on the pk while ignoring their own PP until the end of the season. they didn't imagine getting swept - and really game 2 and game 4 was their's to lose.

Which they did of course. Defense was a huge hole this year. Bieksa played soft. But hats off to SJ - they got some real big guys on their team and seem to know how to play D.

US just beat Finland in the IHF, and rumour is the Sedin twins are on their way to play with Sweden tomorrow, against Canada. Ohhhhh, the drama!!~

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom