Diablo 3 - Updates @ Official Site

There are times when blind faith worries me.

I don't think he's taking it on blind faith, but on the fact that they've spent millions of dollars on this project. A little money goes a long ways to making a better game (sometimes;)

Don't get me wrong I'm still skeptical, but that rune system did look awfully tasty. If they replace the stats with the ability to tweak your spells, then gosh darn I'll have to tell the nerd in me to calm down and see what they can do with it. *Warning* I've also said this when they were making Brotherhood of Steel and look how that turned out*End of Warning* So I think its a wait and see how it comes out in the end. Either way I'm buying this game, it's only down to whether it's just as good or better than D2 or whether it sucks and should be used as a coaster immediatly.

One question though, what is the big uproar about the graphics. I've only looked at a few and now this trailer. They look great, just what Diablo should look like. I don't understand the uproar about how cartoony it looks or was it how bloomed out it was? Oh I can't remember, but I remember there being a big stink about it. They look fine to me.

I don't think he's taking it on blind faith, but on the fact that they've spent millions of dollars on this project. A little money goes a long ways to making a better game (sometimes

Money has no influence on quality of gameplay - from where I'm sitting.

But let's see when it comes out.

Money has no influence on quality of gameplay - from where I'm sitting.

Of course it does. A good idea isn't worth much if it isn't fine-tuned, tested and reiterated upon. And that's where money comes in. If you don't have it you'll probably release the idea in a rough shape, that could've been great but wasn't because it wasn't polished. Money buys you time to polish. At least imo.

Just read that the old rune-system in D2 won't really be lost. They'll do another weapon/item enhancement system that they refuse to comment on so far.

Last edited:
When people talk about customization of their characters, nowadays it mostly means defining physical characteristics. I liked it better when it meant ability customization (stats, starting spells, etc).
In the case of Diablo 3, although I'm not a fan of the action/RPG (clickfest) subgenre, I would certainly like freedom of choice, let me decide if I want a beefier but less accurate warrior. But if they decided to remove the ability, I still think showing the stats can still make sense. If you have an axe with a 20 STR requisite, and you have 18 STR you may want to decide to use a +2 STR ring temporarily instead of the +4 CON one, so you can wield the axe, at least until next level where your STR will be 20 or whatever. I still prefer being able to tweak the stats, but if not, seeing the stats is still useful info.

Back
Top Bottom