NWN2 Leeves.

Neverwinter Nights 2

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Anyone know how to handle this?
I get this mission before I ever get out of the Keep the first time.

We are asked for help defending the Halfling village of Leeves by the Sheriff.
Due to our increased patrols bandits have started raiding there village.
We can send, Half our men, 1 patrol, a couple or basicly nothing.

I have read in one post also looking for answers that even sending half his men, they all get slaughtered.
I have also read, if lands are at +10 or higher you can win, I believe but how can I be at +10 before I ever get out of the Keep?
Used to it was just that band of adventures for the first task.
This is my first run with 1.03.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Hmmm ... I played everything possible and was well beyong lvl10 by the time I got the keep. So I sent half my men, against Kana's recommendation, got loads of 'good' points (I'm probably 200% good aligned by now) and 'won' without problem.

Ahh good news thanks, I guess the post I read the guy misunderstood.
I did everything I could then headed to the Ruins, so maybe I will hear something when I return.

I had all the ore up to that point so, it seems impossble very good armor and best weapons 25, Best trained men would get slaughtered.
I be the guy just read is info backwards thinking his men had be slaughtered.

No - I think I was mistaken in my interpretation. You need to build up your land defences - hopefully you are flush with cash, because your keep funds will likely not cover what is required to get everything done. But talk to your builder friend and raise your defences - you can simply leave and re-enter to do this.

I did, built everything to max, up to the point before entering the Ruins the first time.
Max all building upgrades, Smith, Armor, Deekin, the Girl Miner and with possible 8 ore at that point very best weapon and very good (1 step down from best) armor for the Greycloaks.

It's probably due to my poor grammar, even with ms Word, i.e. "I be the guy just read is info backwards thinking his men had be slaughtered.".
It should have been "I bet" but Word sees "be" and goes "oh yeah that’s a word, alright", and I was too tried to catch it, so it's wonder anyone can ever understand me. ;)

Also I read that the reason there are 2 miners was for RP alingment, the guy we rescue is more for neurtal to evil types and the girl is more for good.
It's seems to be working fine with just her and I didn't notice any xp for getting her, so there was no reason to get the guy, afaik.

I was too tried to catch it, so it's wonder anyone can ever understand me. ;)

Maybe you should try typing *without* mittens on? :D

Oh - and did you do recruitment as 'best of the best'? That can also make a difference ... but I'm not sure how and where ...

I just maintained the fit and capable standard so my Greycloaks would be a notch above all the rest. With my fully upgraded armor and weapons, my Greycloaks never failed a mission. Oh, and I sent the most possible for every mission because I had so many recruits and volunteers... before I beat the game (the last time I checked the report on my keep from Kana) I had around 800+ Greycloaks. 600+ were volunteers that my Sergeant got and the rest were recruits from recruiting very early on. If you don't already know this, keep in mind that the Crossroad Keep time percentage increases by entering the courtyard. Each time you enter the courtyard you'll be closer to 100% unless you've reached a stopping point where you have to complete a quest or part of the storyline in order to continue the timing cycle. It doesn't mean much though, because with these "stopping points" in the timing cycle, you're pretty much guaranteed to have plenty of time to complete everything provided you don't intentionally procrastinate (I never complete my construct or summoned the demon in the basement because I started too late and didn't save all the materials needed).

Just fired him up. :)
Came back after the Gem mines and only have the Temple of Seasons left in the Ruins and I am guessing once complete will give me a bit of a boost in timeline of 25% I seem to be currently stopped on.

My group had high enough in all 3 craft skills to upgrade him also, not sure if the Tome of Illfrm (sp) will make a difference and allow upgrades also, Grobnar sounds like it will.
I have read it was bugged at least before 1.03 patch.

Damn it that guy was right, I had to start chapter 3 to get the report and Karna said most of the men were wiped out and didn't how long they could hold out against the bandits.
This crap has happened since I started playing constantly breaking, everything maxed out at that point in the game castle in and out, roads, lands armor (one set from best ) and weapons (best). then I am forced to do this broken quest, bah! :(

Edit, here is the post that seems to have the same problem with 1.03.
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=535370&forum=110&highlight=leeves

Last edited:
Ok I found what causes the Leeves quest to activate, so it's possible to avoid the bug of getting the quest before you ever have a chance to patrol the roads, which automatically gives you a failure on the quest.

Don't spend any money rebuilding the Fortifications until chapter 3, the first rebuild activates teh quest.
I tested all other rebuilds and they are fine to do, just not Fortifcations.

It is rather ironic the Leeves quest is caused due to increased patrol activity of the roads, iir what the sheriff mentions, even if you never send a patrol out, I had mine on recruiting from the start.

If you immediately put all your men on Road patrol you can get High Security before, chapter 3, (during chapter 2 you can only reach 25% of Keep completion, per Kana's report.) doing this may allow you completion and success of the Leeves quest, though I didn't want to waste another 6 hours playing the 2nd half of chapter 2 to find out, since Leeves completes at the start of chapter 3.

Back
Top Bottom